Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boogs

VIP Member
I was talking about her to someone who was only 5 when she died a few days ago and telling her that she needs to listen to her. Such a tragic waste. Poor Amy.

Reactions: 7

shellie

VIP Member
Have any of you see the trailer on IG for the biopic? It looks so tacky, I am disgusted and still shocked that it went ahead.
It reminded me of one of those 'docudrama' things that are on constantly. The ones where you have someone who looks nothing like the person act out what is getting talked about.

I didn't know it was Sam Taylor Johnson directing but now I know, I'm not surprised at how average it looks. She got a lot of good reviews for Nowhere Boy but the story that has gone around for years is that it was others who did her job while she was spending her time with Aaron and she got the credit. I have to say it makes sense because nearly everything she has done since has been crap.

One of the tragedies with Amy is that she went from being so beautiful, a healthy weight and full of life to almost skeletal and virtually dying in front of us. I'm actually surprised she didn't die before. It was devastating seeing her spiral completely out of control. I know she had her demons, but Blake was like the Grim Reaper. He destroyed her.

As well as overwhelming sadness, I find is horrifying that this was allowed to happen. I don't mean that people didn't try, especially her mum, but personally I think that she should have been sectioned. She was a clear danger to herself and as well as alcohol and drug addictions, I'm certain she had an eating disorder too.

One last thing is how much I cringe when people say "Rehab" is their favourite song. How anyone can enjoy this song is beyond me. The popularity of it must have reinforced Amy's belief that she didn't need to go to rehab, when she so obviously did. 😭
Yes, this is kind of how I felt.
I couldn't read the news about her as I felt that the press was essentially capitalising on her decline. "Virtually dying in front of us" describes it well.

Even after Blake was gone she clearly struggled and was dating this Trevor guy but still not recovering to a healthy life style.

I also wonder why she wasn't sent to a in-patient clinic to get proper treatment over a longer period of time.

Regarding "Rehab" - it has a catchy melody and if you don't listen to the words it simply is a good song. But I agree, it is a sad song.
Similar to "Back to black" - essentially she was celebrated for her sadness, her suffering.
Maybe this was also hard to deal with. Imagine you pour your heart and pain out and people love the songs but the pain is still there.

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
Marginally OT but Camden is such a sanitised state now, it's so sad :( Lost all its grime and charm
I havent been in years now, but I figured it probably was. It started when they began building the glass permanent "stalls" for vendors-which while a good idea, kind of changed the whole feel. is there anywhere good left now? Camden was the last holdout of the "old days"

clueless

Chatty Member
I'm like a dog with a bone with this haha but I commented on Catriona's Instagram account (about the things they sold), and she's blocked me 😂 did I touch a nerve? I wasn't rude, just matter of fact.

It's kind of confirmed to me that my opinions of her are fairly accurate. I'd noticed all of her comments were positive, not one critical or negative comment on there.

Ceejayaitch

I loved her music, she was so very talented and such a loss. She was an artist that I would buy anything she did because she was talented and whatever she did was special. However, as a lover of live music she was one artist that I refused to pay money to see her live as she was so unreliable.

• Heart

Rae43

Ten years. You were only starting out on your beautiful journey. I often think what Amy would have achieved as a singer and songwriter if she had lived. I watched the documentary. Found it heartfelt. I will be playing her albums tonight. RIP beautiful Amy

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
What's the betting they either "borrowed" (cough) some of this stuff while Amy was alive or ransacked her house after she died?

Mitch is a shitty person but these two are no better. I remember reading a couple of interviews with Caitriona and it honestly sounded like she barely knew Amy and was just bullshitting.
Honestly, I can’t find any hero’s in this story. It breaks my heart.

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
That toe rag Blake is doing alright out of all this on the daytime telly couch circuit. Be a ghost written tell -all book out of him next.
I will never stop hating him. The fact that he doesn’t come off as a villain in this movie is a fucking JOKE. As soon as I heard that, I was out. No way I will watch this mess.
---
He fucking fed her heroin when she was at her lowest fucking hell

Her Dads a cunt too
💯💯💯
They both helped kill her, just in different ways.

• Heart
  • Sad

Tank Girl

VIP Member
When I saw the list of items, I could have cried. Single earrings, half used eye liner, driving test manuals. It WAS literally like someone had gone in and grabbed anything that was there. Shocked there was no half used soaps and tubes of toothpaste. So so distasteful
The half little stub of eyeliner finished me. Vultures.

• Sad

ThePelican

What I always wondered, having lived in Camden when Amy spiralled out of control and then later died, was that nobody seemed to have stopped her.

I remember seeing the clips from her concerts when she was completely wasted (and high at the same time I assume), the photos of her wandering through SoHo lost in her bloody ballet shoes, the many articles about her drug taking.

Did she not allow anyone to help her? Did her parents not want to step in? Did she not have anyone else close to her who could have helped?
Her parents did step in. They sent her to rehab (though Blake went with her, which rather defeated the object), they had a nurse check in on her every day; I believe they also played a part in making her divorce Blake. They weren't idly standing around, in other words.

GingerJones50

View attachment 2449425
@sirlancelot if he writes a book I am going to start screaming and never stop. He is such a waste of carbon.
I was re-watching the film ‘Amy’ about her the other night. It mentioned that Rehab was written about an attempt to get her into rehab pre-Blake and pre-drugs to deal with her alcoholism. It was alcohol that liked her, she hadn’t taken drugs in a long time, and also the bulimia pre-dated him too.

Plus it’s easy for the press to point fingers at him when I remember how dreadfully the press hounded Amy, which definitely added to her problems, distracts from their role.

I think the thing with Blake is that a lot of people don’t realise he and his brother went through a lot and had a fucked up childhood. So if you’re pointing fingers of blame, someone fucked him up too.

I dunno. He did his rehab in the city I live in and I used to see him around a lot in the period around Amy’s death. He was a bit of a sad, pitiful and lonely character with a boatload of issues, not the demon he’s sometimes made out to be.

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
Any thoughts on the documentary last night? I thought her dad still comes across as a fine seeking arsehole to be honest.

PeteM

VIP Member
Her Frank era management tried to keep her on an even keel.

Her post Frank era management encouraged her getting even more fucked up.

• Sad

Blockster

I think people also forget how young Amy was when she was thrust into the limelight. Frank she was 20 and Back to Black 23. All that fame, money and attention, throw drugs in the mix, plus hangers on including her father it was destined to end in tragedy.

clueless

Chatty Member
Why are her friends' names engraved on her headstone anyway?
It’s strange isn’t it? I find it a bit tacky to be honest! And maybe this is me reading too much into it but it’s sad too, as it’s like she couldn’t even have a final resting place without people attaching themselves to her forever. A bit like in her life really 😔

Has anybody else got any amy dedicated tattoos? I have the bird and ‘never clip my wings’ like her on the inside of my arm where your arm bends. That was tough to heal 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ If I’m honest though I’d have all the tatts she has but that would be weird as they are personal to her but they are so completely my style I absolutely love them
Oh I love that, never clip my wings! 🕊 I don’t have any tattoos but I considered getting a pin-up, beehived Amy in the same sort of style as her Cynthia one! I also kind of wanted the one she had over her heart, the pocket with ‘Blake’s’ only with my fiancé’s name 😅