All things K-Drama!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes!! I'm of two minds about it.

1. It's so heartwarming. The quaint village, the people, Kim Seonho. It's just a well rounded and sweet drama all around.

2. I tend to get depression flares after watching some dramas because of how perfect the men are/ leads in general and the beauty of the settings etc and this one did it to me badly so I had to stop after episode 9.

I know that's super weird. I loved it but I couldn't keep watching because it caused melancholia I guess.

I will say I just love the grandma's and when the one cussed out that bad driver in episode 3, I nearly lost it!!! hahaha. They were one of my favorite parts. And Gam-Ri's relationship with Dushik.
Yeah I agree with you on that but the series have progressed and from what I have seen they have broken every stereotype associated with Kdramas. I have never seen such strong portrayal of women in any Kdrama. They have also shown how no one is perfect and each person has their own set of good and bad. I think the initial 11 episodes were all the feel-good stuff and then they have started showing the real stuff. Kim Seonho is so good at acting.

Reactions: 1
Yeah I agree with you on that but the series have progressed and from what I have seen they have broken every stereotype associated with Kdramas. I have never seen such strong portrayal of women in any Kdrama. They have also shown how no one is perfect and each person has their own set of good and bad. I think the initial 11 episodes were all the feel-good stuff and then they have started showing the real stuff. Kim Seonho is so good at acting.
I've been hearing that!

Before I slacked off on watching, I knew there was going to be something much bigger with the
nightmare situation
but I have a friend who told me it's all gotten a bit heavier and that there's a lot more mystery around it now.

Is there a lot more complexity to the history of Hye Jin's character too?
Don't know whether I'll pick it back up again, I really want to, but it'll probably be later down the line.

KSH was so versatile in Start Up, too. He would have me in tears with both his comedy and his emotional scenes.

Right now, I'm rewatching Was it Love? Because it was my first ever drama, and it's bringing back some good feelings <3

I've been hearing that!

Before I slacked off on watching, I knew there was going to be something much bigger with the
nightmare situation
but I have a friend who told me it's all gotten a bit heavier and that there's a lot more mystery around it now.

Is there a lot more complexity to the history of Hye Jin's character too?
Don't know whether I'll pick it back up again, I really want to, but it'll probably be later down the line.

KSH was so versatile in Start Up, too. He would have me in tears with both his comedy and his emotional scenes.

Right now, I'm rewatching Was it Love? Because it was my first ever drama, and it's bringing back some good feelings <3
Hye Jin's character isn't complicated at all. KSH's character is complicated with the mystery. There are moments where it gets anxious but majorrity of the show is very light and funny. They haven't just focused the story on the main characters. Everyone in that village gets a full arc of their own. I would definitely recommend it. KSH is very versatile and his crying is absolutely heart-breaking. Hye Jin's character also holds her own in the show.

I am THRILLED since I started watching "Taxi Driver". It is so so so good, literally nothing is boring. I thought I was only a fan of romance dramas but this has everything. Heists, spying, car chases, and vigilante work. Also heartbreaking and touching backstories. Man, these people are talented writing these things.

I am THRILLED since I started watching "Taxi Driver". It is so so so good, literally nothing is boring. I thought I was only a fan of romance dramas but this has everything. Heists, spying, car chases, and vigilante work. Also heartbreaking and touching backstories. Man, these people are talented writing these things.
When I started watching K Dramas I thought id never like anything that wasn’t romance but I’ve not watched another romance since watching crime dramas hahah

When I started watching K Dramas I thought id never like anything that wasn’t romance but I’ve not watched another romance since watching crime dramas hahah
I'm really not a fan of K-drama romances at all, a few political/crime dramas I've watched are Rough Play, Designated Survivor, Man on High Heels, The Devil Judge and ofcourse Squid Game! (Designated Survivor being my recommendation :) )

The Devil's Judge could be quite ridiculous at times (so much action, and the female detective never calling for backup, waving her gun around, whilst needing to be "protected" by her love interest on the job ugh, iffy portayal of gay men, usual extreme wealth vs poor trope too, cliche tragic background & childhood friends tropes, but Sun-ah's character was totally refreshing!

Last edited:
I'm really not a fan of K-drama romances at all, a few political/crime dramas I've watched are Rough Play, Designated Survivor, Man on High Heels, The Devil Judge and ofcourse Squid Game!

The Devil's Judge could be quite ridiculous at times (so much action, and the female detective never calling for backup, waving her gun around, whilst needing to be "protected" by her love interest on the job ugh, iffy portayal of gay men, usual extreme wealth vs poor trope too, cliche tragic background & childhood friends tropes, but Sun-ah's character was totally refreshing!
A moment of appreciation for who I think is the most beautiful man I have ever seen 🥵🤤 he can judge me any time 🤪

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
A moment of appreciation for who I think is the most beautiful man I have ever seen 🥵🤤 he can judge me any time 🤪
A good casting choice for Yohan, his love/hate scenes with Sun-ah were great :).

Off Topic, but one thing I found quite novel was all the product placement within the drama, moisturiser, vitamins, coffee ...

He's perfect. Absolutely perfect. I've said this before, but there's something about Jungkook (BTS) that reminds me of Ji Sung. I went on a binge a while back watching some JS dramas back to back, favourites were Defendant and Familiar Wife. He was also excellent in Kill Me, Heal Me, where he has multiple personality disorder and plays all of these (very different) characters to utter perfection. Se-gi was sooo hot (somehow the eyeliner did it for me) but Perry Park was my favourite, I cried uncontrollably when he left (well, I cried for most of them, but I was inconsolable then). I wouldn't watch the film, Confession. I watched it years ago and it's thoroughly depressing, it puts you on a real downer.

I've been a bit quiet in kdrama land lately...my obsession with BTS (and being late in the game there, I'm probably too old as well but who cares?) has meant I'm spending a lot of time watching Run BTS, Bon Voyage and In The Soop along with other related things. I am watching and almost finished Racket Boys...it's nice, but my mind wanders sometimes, it's gotten quite weepy mid way through or is that just me? Finished Hospital Playlist without realising I was watching the final ep, the Jun-Wan/Ik-Soon story made me happy in the end, that's what I'd been getting frustrated with. The constant hinting at Ik-Joon and Song-Hwa though, I wasn't as keen on...reminded me of The Mentalist where I wanted Lisbon and Jane to get together from the 1st episode, then when they did, it just felt weird 🤷‍♀️ I felt like I needed something with more action whilst watching Racket Boys, so tried Man To Man (again, got about 5 minutes in the first time years ago). I haven't gotten far...Park Sung Woong is annoying me in it, usually quite like him. Park Hae Jin, I do like (wasn't that keen the first time I watched him in Bad Guys, but he grew on me massively). I think I just have to get beyond the 'silly' episodes to get into it, but I'm not in the mood.

Prison Playbook , wait until Looney speaks properly 💣).
The ending they gave his character was so ridiculous, like no explanation, just bam appears the old uni friend from abroad to offer him drugs and set him up.... why, what, huh? :ROFLMAO: (well from my memory of it ha).

Has anyone watched "D.P", is it okay? I've read the author's first manhwa, but D.P hasn't been translated yet, it's about men fleeing from their national service.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people were upset with the ending for him, everyone else seemed to get a happier conclusion.

I want to watch D.P. as I usually like Jung Hae In dramas, I'm worried it will be depressing, plus I've become so obsessed with BTS who are yet to do their military stint, that I don't want to see anything bad (because I don't want them to go). I realise I sound like a 12 year old 🤣 🤣 🤣 To think a year ago, I didn't even know all their names 😁 I fell hard down that rabbit hole!

I think a lot of people were upset with the ending for him, everyone else seemed to get a happier conclusion.

I want to watch D.P. as I usually like Jung Hae In dramas, I'm worried it will be depressing, plus I've become so obsessed with BTS who are yet to do their military stint, that I don't want to see anything bad (because I don't want them to go). I realise I sound like a 12 year old 🤣 🤣 🤣 To think a year ago, I didn't even know all their names 😁 I fell hard down that rabbit hole!
I'm with you there! 🙈 I watched the whole of American Hustle Life, Run BTS, Bon Voyage and In the Soop within a couple of months 😂 Now trying to get into Kdramas but can't seem to stick with them, hate the sickly romance, whats some of your favs?

Has anyone watched Move to Heaven?

I really want to but I know I'm going to be TORN UP emotionally and I don't know if I'm ready.

Also, are we allowed to talk about the Kim Seonho thing here? I really want to know what tattlers think of this whole thing yet don't want to create a dedicated thread (I don't know if it would get comments) and I don't want to derail this thread either.
How is this going to affect the success of HCCC?

I really want to but I know I'm going to be TORN UP emotionally and I don't know if I'm ready.

Also, are we allowed to talk about the Kim Seonho thing here? I really want to know what tattlers think of this whole thing yet don't want to create a dedicated thread (I don't know if it would get comments) and I don't want to derail this thread either.
i think after dispatch basically came out with that article with the facts of what happened the heat seems to of died down in korea a little but it’ll take an awful lot for his career to be where it was.
i know he already lost a lot of his advertisements and pulled from two upcoming movies etc

i think after dispatch basically came out with that article with the facts of what happened the heat seems to of died down in korea a little but it’ll take an awful lot for his career to be where it was.
i know he already lost a lot of his advertisements and pulled from two upcoming movies etc
ko

move from heaven is so so good but it is emotionally draining that i couldn’t binge it

I was so shocked by the whole drama. Irrespective of what is true/ what isn’t, KSH doesn’t come off looking good. It will take a lot of time for him to recover his image. I think since the whole allegations started after the final episode of HCCC, so they are safe. It’s a shame the cast can’t celebrate their success, publicly at least. If the allegations came out mid-way they would have had to cancel the show altogether.

ko

move from heaven is so so good but it is emotionally draining that i couldn’t binge it
Oh really? I haven't seen it yet. I know I heard the ex gf had gotten an apology and basically backed off from some of her statements so I'm wondering if everything she claimed was true; there's always 2 sides to every story. If so, pretty horrible and shocking but unless he says " I did A, and B, but not C" we'll never know.

Is he still removed from 2D1N?

And thanks for telling me about Move to Heaven, I'll have to skip because I get emotionally run down quick and now that I know it's heavy, I know I'd be a mess!

I was so shocked by the whole drama. Irrespective of what is true/ what isn’t, KSH doesn’t come off looking good. It will take a lot of time for him to recover his image. I think since the whole allegations started after the final episode of HCCC, so they are safe. It’s a shame the cast can’t celebrate their success, publicly at least. If the allegations came out mid-way they would have had to cancel the show altogether.
It really is, I found out through a Korean friend of mine. Even though I was watching HCCC at the time, I apparently wasn't in the know. Some articles were worse than others with more supposed details from her letter where there were a lot more allegations, so it just seemed really bad.

I'm glad if they can still celebrate it; you're right- would have been TERRIBLE she released that midway because it doesn't just affect him, it affects all the other hard working people.

Oh really? I haven't seen it yet. I know I heard the ex gf had gotten an apology and basically backed off from some of her statements so I'm wondering if everything she claimed was true; there's always 2 sides to every story. If so, pretty horrible and shocking but unless he says " I did A, and B, but not C" we'll never know.

And thanks for telling me about Move to Heaven, I'll have to skip because I get emotionally run down quick and now that I know it's heavy, I know I'd be a mess!

It really is, I found out through a Korean friend of mine. Even though I was watching HCCC at the time, I apparently wasn't in the know. Some articles were worse than others with more supposed details from her letter where there were a lot more allegations, so it just seemed really bad.

I'm glad if they can still celebrate it; you're right- would have been TERRIBLE she released that midway because it doesn't just affect him, it affects all the other hard working people.
yup he is still removed from 2d1n which is a shame because i really loved the chemistry between them

• Wow
Reactions: 3

It is quite confusing because the translations of her text convey there were misunderstandings and she is sorry, while people who can understand the language say that, she is sorry to others who were affected by this controversy. One thing is sure there are issues on both sides. Thankfully, I saw HCCC before all this started otherwise the experience will have been ruined. He has been removed from 2D1N and another movie/drama. Among brands, his image isn't good enough before he and his management ghosted them while this whole drama was unfolding.

I've watched the first episode and would recommend it if you want a more "realistic" Kdrama. I haven't read the manhwa it's based on, or know any of the actors ha, but I feel it's doing a good job at presenting such a serious topic as bullying in their national service. It makes "Prison Playbook" look ike a cheesy melodrama. TW for abuse and suicide.

I've watched the first episode and would recommend it if you want a more "realistic" Kdrama. I haven't read the manhwa it's based on, or know any of the actors ha, but I feel it's doing a good job at presenting such a serious topic as bullying in their national service. It makes "Prison Playbook" look ike a cheesy melodrama. TW for abuse and suicide.
Hmm, by episode 3 things get a bit nonsensical and the two "dp" soldiers are becoming a sort of comic double act. Bit of a let down as I thought the series was going to be a bit more serious in showing the realities of why people abscond and the pressures of military life, instead of, you know flying through the air jumping off of rooftops in order to catch a stereotypical "bad guy". Maybe the manhwa is like this too, but the series didn't need such phoney "light heartedness" when there were already such more believable scenes on the military base.