All things K-Drama!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Over lockdown I’ve got into watching Korean Dramas on YouTube, and I cannot believe it’s taken me this long to do so! I am addicted 😂

Havent got Netflix yet so I haven’t seen any on there but I’m making a list of ones to watch! I don’t know anyone else who watches them and I’m dying to have someone to talk to about how great they are!

What are your favourites? Recommendations welcome!

Might be easier and fair to all if we put any potential spoilers under the spoiler tag ☺

So far I’ve seen:
The Last Empress
Wok of Love
Masters Sun (still watching)
Pretty Ugly/Beautiful Gong Shim (still watching)
Dr Champ
Oh my Ghost (still watching)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
ahhhh!! finally a fellow kdrama watcher

you should check out
- she was pretty
- kill me heal me
- penthouse 1 & 2 (it’s literally the most talked about drama of the past year) season 3 is coming next month
- sky castle
- solomons perjury
- taxi driver
- hospital playlist

• Heart
Reactions: 4
ahhhh!! finally a fellow kdrama watcher

you should check out
- she was pretty
- kill me heal me
- penthouse 1 & 2 (it’s literally the most talked about drama of the past year) season 3 is coming next month
- sky castle
- solomons perjury
- taxi driver
- hospital playlist
Funnily enough Taxi Driver is on my list! Along with Tunnel, have you seen that one?

I have watched.
- CLOY
- She was pretty
- Descendants of the sun
- What's wrong with Secretary Kim
- Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo
They are available on Netflix. All of them are really good stories!

• Heart
Not totally in love with k-dramas but I get the appeal

I honestly just dislike how the majority of them follow the same tropes and to some extent the same story line

I enjoyed 'Oh My Ghost' but
the ghost being in the body more than the actual person got very annoying towards the end and logically by then the guy is in love with the ghost's personality

I really enjoyed 'Hello, My Twenties!' on Netflix. The second season was a bit meh but still very enjoyable and I wish it got continued

Reactions: 4

I honestly just dislike how the majority of them follow the same tropes and to some extent the same story line

the ghost being in the body more than the actual person got very annoying towards the end and logically by then the guy is in love with the ghost's personality

I really enjoyed 'Hello, My Twenties!' on Netflix. The second season was a bit meh but still very enjoyable and I wish it got continued
I do get what you mean about the storylines, especially the love triangle trope in romance dramas! But personally I like that 😁

I like the wholesomeness of the romances that you don’t see very often in UK dramas, like it’s more about getting to know and fall in love with the person, and it’s obvious PDA and more racy romance content is a big no no in K Dramas, I find it refreshing!

Funnily enough Taxi Driver is on my list! Along with Tunnel, have you seen that one?
taxi driver is so so good.
tunnel is amazing , i also recommended signal.
Voice is also very good i think they have something like four seasons

hello my twenties is amazing and i agree the second season was kind of lacklustre

i agree with you about the whole following the same kind of storyline which is why i kind of tend to watch the crime / thriller type dramas which are amazing

Reactions: 3
So glad I found this thread! Does anyone have any recommendations? I enjoy most of the Kdrama’s I’ve seen so I’m open to anything

Reactions: 5
So glad I found this thread! Does anyone have any recommendations? I enjoy most of the Kdrama’s I’ve seen so I’m open to anything
Out of all the ones I’ve watched (in the first post on this thread, I recommend any of them to be fair!) the one I recommend the most is Masters Sun, it’s got everything, romance, comedy, horror, drama!

• Heart
Yay, a K-drama thread!!

I haven't watched many, but the ones I loved were:
- Crash landing on You
- When the Camelia Blooms
- Itaewon class

I even got my mum (who is in her 60s) to watch Crash landing on you and now she loves K-drama and basically anything Korean, which I find hilarious.

What appeals you guys to K-drama's? I just really love seeing the culture, it's so different and interesting to me. All the cultural habits like how respectful they are and little things like how they eat and drink are really fun to learn about. I do wonder how accurate the portrayals are though.For instance I have noticed multiple comedic scenes where the wife or mother chases the man around, threating to slap him. I wonder if this is common or if it is just for comedic value.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
tbh i’ve been a fan of kpop for nearly 12 years and naturally i was drawn to kdramas because some idols (singers) were in them. for the most part idols aren’t the greatest of actors but kdramas to me are actually quite refreshing and in my opinion much better then some of the stuff we see on tv here. some of the stuff is for added comedic value but if you’re watching dramas that are about rich families known as chaebols then the portrayals are somewhat accurate. sometimes the kdramas are just so light and everything flows that it’s quite relaxing to watch.

Yay, a K-drama thread!!

I haven't watched many, but the ones I loved were:
- Crash landing on You
- When the Camelia Blooms
- Itaewon class

I even got my mum (who is in her 60s) to watch Crash landing on you and now she loves K-drama and basically anything Korean, which I find hilarious.

What appeals you guys to K-drama's? I just really love seeing the culture, it's so different and interesting to me. All the cultural habits like how respectful they are and little things like how they eat and drink are really fun to learn about. I do wonder how accurate the portrayals are though.For instance I have noticed multiple comedic scenes where the wife or mother chases the man around, threating to slap him. I wonder if this is common or if it is just for comedic value.

Definitely agree that the storylines are a lot better than dramas over here! The only thing I’m not keen on is there alway seems to be a dramatic medical emergency eg brain tumour or cancer, it triggers my anxiety slightly haha I started watching Dare to Dream but
the breast cancer storyline just triggered me too much☹

what I find most interesting is the portrayal of relationships...there’s no PDAs and the romances are always very modest, Im no prude but I actually find that really refreshing! Like the male lead always falls in love with her character first, not her looks, I really like that🥰 I mean some of the kisses are just pressing lips together and doesn’t look very real haha but I can get past that 😅

does anyone else google certain words that stick out/repeated? I now know a few words of Korean haha

tbh i’ve been a fan of kpop for nearly 12 years and naturally i was drawn to kdramas because some idols (singers) were in them. for the most part idols aren’t the greatest of actors but kdramas to me are actually quite refreshing and in my opinion much better then some of the stuff we see on tv here. some of the stuff is for added comedic value but if you’re watching dramas that are about rich families known as chaebols then the portrayals are somewhat accurate. sometimes the kdramas are just so light and everything flows that it’s quite relaxing to watch.
Omg I’ve just got into K Pop and I am OBSESSED 🤩 I don’t even understand the words haha but it doesn’t matter, it’s always so upbeat and fun!

Yes, the way they portray romance is so different from western tv and movies. I found that really interesting as well. They film in slowmotion when they kiss or touch and there is often cherry blossom or snow falling down. It's so delicate and beautiful. Obviously not very realistic, but I don't mind that.