Alice Liveing #3 Almond alice’s skins on fire, shame her app Is dire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also what’s with the “old Alice” comment here. She genuinely thinks she’s reinvented herself doesn’t she. Designer everything, luxury facials, bling bling. I liked old Alice. I wish she’d come back and be a PT again.
I also miss old Alice. Walking to work with a spring in her step at 5am ready to take on the world!

She will probably put a post up soon on how they were dark times (literally and figuratively)..

This new 'flashy, duck you I'll post what I want!! Alice' has turned her into a basic, boring, run of the mill influencer.

Shame because she had bags of potential.

Reactions: 13
Maybe she’s referring to her eating disorder?
Ah yes hadn’t thought of it that way. Clean Eating Alice that she made her first stack of cash off and perpetuated the skinny lean is happy diatribe. But where she was desperately unhappy. Now she’s super happy. So happy she’s posting her entire holiday online and spending all her earnings on flashy stuff that won’t last. And waiting for a proposal from a bloke who clearly doesn’t want to commit.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Honestly you couldn’t pay me to go on her “holiday”. Is it even a holiday if you’re constantly on social media seeking validation and asspats from followers. I’m one of those who locks my phone in a safe through the day and takes it out at night for safety etc. I might post the odd pic while chilling out in my room after an afternoon nap but that’s it. The best memories are being present in the moment and it’s not about how much a meal cost or what you’re wearing. It’s winning a crappy bottle of wine at a random pub quiz or a free hat you won from musical chairs, a walk on the beach in the afternoon, the cute family run authentic restaurants and most importantly the people you’re there making memories with and the friends you make along the way. You can’t do that living your life trying to prove you’re fancy, skinny and super happy through a phone screen.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m loving reading about everyone’s travelling experiences. Thanks to Michael o Leary and his £2 flights, and in the days before kids, we travelled around a fair bit and were always of the view that we’d spend what we could afford on going as far as possible and seeing and doing as much as we could, rather than focusing on luxury.

In fact I remember an amazing time watching a massive thunderstorm from our balcony, drinking beer and munching Lays that we’d bought from the wee supermercado underneath our apartments.

has Alice had the joy that is a bag of Lays as an afternoon snack when you’re that bit sunburnt and chilling before going out?
Omg this 👆 the taste of really salty lays just at the time pre dinner and post sun. Also the moment you walk out of the plane door and there’s that warm holiday smell of airplane fuel, sun cream, humid air and just ‘holiday.’ God get us all on holiday!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Are they genuinely not going to leave that hotel all week??? (Apart from teeny tiny pretty food at another boutique hotel 🙄). We’ve all been on lockdown on and off for eighteen months, I’d be desperate for a change of scene and to see some of Crete. She may as well be anywhere as she’s pretty much on a week long spa day experience. 🤷‍♀️

Whoever mentioned Dolmades last night i have thought of nothing else since!

Are they genuinely not going to leave that hotel all week??? (Apart from teeny tiny pretty food at another boutique hotel 🙄). We’ve all been on lockdown on and off for eighteen months, I’d be desperate for a change of scene and to see some of Crete. She may as well be anywhere as she’s pretty much on a week long spa day experience. 🤷‍♀️

There's so many good places to go, assuming they're near Elounda Spinalonga is nearby and a must see on the island, such a wasted opportunity

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Now we have a long essay about how she loves her body and stretch marks etc. Hilarious as probably not true and also why is she literally glued to her phone? Guessing she spent a good couple of hours writing that and choosing which photo to go with. It’s just ridiculous that she banged on about needing a holiday and is now posting LITERALLY everything and clearly checking tattle/her Instagram comments every 5 minutes. She seriously needs help!

Now we have a long essay about how she loves her body and stretch marks etc. Hilarious as probably not true and also why is she literally glued to her phone? Guessing she spent a good couple of hours writing that and choosing which photo to go with. It’s just ridiculous that she banged on about needing a holiday and is now posting LITERALLY everything and clearly checking tattle/her Instagram comments every 5 minutes. She seriously needs help!
Just saw that. That must have taken a couple of hours to pose for the photos, edit and write the post. What a waste of your holiday time. Go on a boat trip! Hire a jeep! Go to a taverna and eat proper Greek food!! She is so far into disordered thinking it’s untrue (she is not alone in this on Instagram I accept). Accept your body, love it, but never wear anything that’s not designer and edit your photos to change your face shape. Yeah right, we get ya. 🙄🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Loved the travel chat. You're all making me want to go to Greece and get sweaty and sandy, eat feta cheese and drink ouzo in a local taverna :giggle: And i haven't stopped thinking about Lays since last night!
I guess travelling is a very individual thing. There are some people that I tell about our scrapes/adventures in Bolivia/Cambodia/China, talk about some of the travel on buses and the accommodation and they look bloody horrified. And if i'm honest i wouldn't do that kind of thing now (the kids quite frankly would ruin it!) but I still think that this trip to Greece looks utterly boring. An organised tax to an organised meal at a sterile 5 star hotel. She lives in London for fucks sake, just do a taster menu there and go and support the locals in Greece who probably make better food for about a tenth of the price! The flexing with the designer gear is just tragic. Yay you have money. Well done Alice.
Why is she on her phone so much? She's on holiday with her man! She should either be having fun out and about or having sex (no pics of that please!!) :ROFLMAO:🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sometimes I feel bad about reading here and commenting occasionally but then I think about the bigger impact that some of these influencers, including Alice, have had on people. A lot of these influencers sell young women and girls a dream, whether that is a lifestyle or a body that is completely unachievable for most people and is based on a lot of lies. Alice has made all this money which she uses to fund her extravagant lifestyle off the back of promoting a body type and 'healthy behaviors' where she was basically miserable and bordering on an eating disorder. She now makes money from engagement on posts moaning about how miserable she was then swans off on holiday away from the mess she has made of other peoples lives. What about the girls who have followed her every word and ended up with an eating disorder, what about the girls that get into debt or get depressed trying to achieve her lifestyle and realize they can't because she came from a privileged background already. The lack of accountability that influencers have grinds my gears so much.

Reactions: 11
Sometimes I feel bad about reading here and commenting occasionally but then I think about the bigger impact that some of these influencers, including Alice, have had on people. A lot of these influencers sell young women and girls a dream, whether that is a lifestyle or a body that is completely unachievable for most people and is based on a lot of lies. Alice has made all this money which she uses to fund her extravagant lifestyle off the back of promoting a body type and 'healthy behaviors' where she was basically miserable and bordering on an eating disorder. She now makes money from engagement on posts moaning about how miserable she was then swans off on holiday away from the mess she has made of other peoples lives. What about the girls who have followed her every word and ended up with an eating disorder, what about the girls that get into debt or get depressed trying to achieve her lifestyle and realize they can't because she came from a privileged background already. The lack of accountability that influencers have grinds my gears so much.
This is such a good and accurate post. The messages they send out are very powerful. When you start to become inconsistent, driven by adverts, revenue and likes it is a dangerous place for the many people who are vulnerable following. Banging on about loving your body when you are, in reality, healthy and privileged starts to grate on me. She’s a PT and she was a good one but is now so deep in the rabbit hole I fear she won’t pop out. She isn’t alone in this.
"As I am, no filters" etc. What does she want, a medal?!! 🤣
As I am, with my £900 Chanel lambskin flip flops. 🙄

• Haha
A resort holiday does not appeal to me at all, much like a cruise.

Like others, I have been around Greek Islands many years ago and mine was a very different experience to hers. I think, for them, the country they are in is irrelevant, they just go for the weather and facilities.

Reactions: 3
"As I am, no filters" etc. What does she want, a medal?!! 🤣
I actually think she looks really good, but it shows how much she filters and edits her photos normally. I cannot believe the difference in some of her other photos! Just look at the WH ones!

also she has been on Instagram at least once an hour sincethis morning - mental!!

She hasn't realised that she is part of the problem with women having issues with their bodies :rolleyes:

Reactions: 7
She hasn't realised that she is part of the problem with women having issues with their bodies :rolleyes:
It's exactly this. Her constant posting of her completely bog standard, petite, white, fairly slim body and saying 'Look, no filters! I'm so proud of who I am! Despite my many flaws, I have actually managed to love myself!' actually has the reverse effect. If she's finding it such a huge achievement to love her body which, by any standards, is fairly covetable (she was on a Women's Health cover ffs), what must she (subconsciously or not) think of bodies that aren't slim, white and petite?

Reactions: 11
Her accounts are filled with photos of her posing. Added to the fact that she is constantly having treatments/tans/hair removal etc. She is adding to the overall message that women should look a certain way. Many of her followers will buy into that and, as a result, will find fault with their own bodies.

Reactions: 8
Just gives me the creeps a bit that her Chanel sliders and her fancy holiday are part paid for by money she's received from books and posts about a diet/ fitness lifestyle that she now goes on about how bad it is. She basically contributed to a wider problem of girls feeling pressure to look a certain way, profited off of it and then said oh actually that was really bad but here i'll sell you the solution with my new app and my new posts about body confidence. It's a total con.

It's like the other fitness girls like Chessie, Tally even (Vic who I like) who made money from people following their journey doing fitness competition and training like a bodybuilder and then turned round and said actually that was really bad but buy my new book on positivity and I'll fix you.... gives me the creeps the lot of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Multiple thoughts today
1. When did any of these influencers earn the right to offer life advice? Oprah you ain’t.
2. Boob stretch marks comment - que the boob job.
3. And Final: does she want a medal for posting an unfiltered pic? She should be ashamed that she filters so heavily DAILY.
almost looks like someone else

EDD34983-6876-4623-9BE6-B3EA6F945D75.jpeg

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.