Alice Liveing #3 Almond alice’s skins on fire, shame her app Is dire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh here we go. A special meal organised by the travel agent... what do we reckon? 🤣🤣💍
Please no I cannot cope. 🤣🤣🤣
Can I also just say a massive thank you to everyone here for sharing amazing travel memories. They’ve made me smile and also quite emotional. That’s what travelling and memories are about. Living the moment not documenting it on social media every minute of the day. If Tory Boy does pop the question I hope it’s private between them. It won’t be though. …..

• Heart
Reactions: 12
They’re literally only eating at 5* hotels. Dear god what I’d do for dinner at an actual local restaurant tonight 🤤 souvlaki, dolmades, calamari, kleftiko 😍 I’d also be a bit bummed out if my boyfriend proposed at a restaurant after 5 courses surrounded by other people (no offence to anyone)

Reactions: 11
They’re literally only eating at 5* hotels. Dear god what I’d do for dinner at an actual local restaurant tonight 🤤 souvlaki, dolmades, calamari, kleftiko 😍 I’d also be a bit bummed out if my boyfriend proposed at a restaurant after 5 courses surrounded by other people (no offence to anyone)
Me too!!!! Proper yummy massive Greek plates of food in a chilled out vibe!! They look like they’re in someone’s empty living room? Also - don’t they eat early on holiday? Greece is what - an hour of me in the UK so it’s 7pm? For me that’s time for a shower and a chill out with a drink whilst getting changed then head off for some relaxed munching when it’s cooler and dusky. 😊

Reactions: 8
Isn't it quite normal to eat later when you're in Europe? Bet they can spot the classic tourists a mile off because they're eating dessert by 8pm and ready for bed at 9 🤣 whereas the locals are just getting ready to go out!

Reactions: 7
I have never understood it when you see British people all dolled up and showered at 6/7 to go for dinner. Me and my partner much prefer making the most of the day and heading out later with the locals! That’s when you can tell where the good places are to head out for dinner! It just shows how boring their afternoons must be as she must start getting ready about 5pm!!!

Reactions: 10
Jesus she’s finished her whole dinner by what, 8pm?!! And not being funny but that all looks super pretentious. I want huge chargrilled souvlaki and calamari and salads and hunks of bread to mop up the juices! I’d need a bloody second round of food by 9.30pm. 🙈🤣😳

Reactions: 9
I’m guessing the meal is gifted/sponsored as she’s posting and tagging them incessantly

Reactions: 4
Many many years ago, when I was 21 ( mid 80's to be exact) a Uni friend and I went backpacking round the Greek islands . We bought a return flight to Athens and then got first ferry out of the port of Piraeus in the morning to furthest destination possible! ....first time I'd tried real Greek yogurt too ( divine!)
No accommodation was booked, just arrived at Santorini near midnight, where there were loads of locals touting for business to stay in their tavernas and we just chose first one that fitted our requirements ( no more than £5 / night)
During that holiday , as well as Santorini we went to Mykonos ( long before it was such a Mecca for the rich and not so famous influencers) Rhodes and Crete
At each island , it was pot luck with where we stayed some places were incredible , but basic yet well appointed some were roach infested hostels 🤢
I still remember that holiday very fondly and we had so many memorable adventures, even though we were holidaying on a very tight budget...we went snorkelling in Crete, where we went fishing for octopus and sea urchins to eat on board with the owners ( we couldn't afford SCUBA diving) but the fishermen who owned the boat took pity on us and invited us back to their family home that evening for a traditional Greek meal
On anther occasion in Crete , we ended up sharing a hostel room in Agios Niklaos with 2 English guys ( who were also travelling independently and had never met each other before) we hired mopeds and went exploring round the beautiful hidden beaches of Crete
We then spent a couple of days in Athens, going to flea markets and finding glorious tavernas in the back streets, where the owners would invite you into kitchen to see what was available and even let you try the food before you ordered!
I fear Alice doesn't value the true value of a holiday....just because it's luxurious doesn't make it more memorable or enjoyable
Now I'm in my late 50's I look at these influencers and wonder if they are really enjoying themselves and living in the moment? I have very few photos of these holidays but can remember everything so vividly and I'm glad I visited these places before the instagrammers spoiled them!
I may add since those budget days I have been v lucky to travel the world and stay at some amazing 5* places but one of my first adventures still means so much to me
This sounds so magical. I miss holidays 😢 and Alice is on one but not even making the most of it. She may as well have gone and laid by the pool at her favourite soho farmhouse or gone to nice restaurants in London than gone away for all the culture she’s seeing

I just feel so sad that she feels the need to share every part of her holiday. Constantly seeking validation from random strangers on the internet.

Reactions: 6
I think she really believes the more you spend the better something is! And that is such a big con. Hearing of some of your travel memories has been really lovely and reminded me of my own travel memories and the joy of simple pleasures. She really is missing out on being young and the authenticity when she goes somewhere new. For me, I’d rather eat where locals eat than seeing influencers take pictures of their food! 😂

Reactions: 7
Loving the posts this evening and everyone’s recollections. Ultimately some of the best and happiest memories aren’t the most expensive or fancy trips. My husband and I have travelled the world and had many adventures, but some of the happiest were the ones when we were piss poor students living on a baguette and a bottle of wine a day because that was all we could afford!!

I’ve been following the story of a young girl of 10 dying of cancer (Sophie’s Journey on Facebook, if anyone is interested or wishes to make a donation to a children’s cancer charity). Sat here in tears tonight, thinking of all the wonderful adventures that little girl will never have. She has taken joy in the simplest of things, and it’s been a real reminder to me to be grateful for the little things.

Alice can spend her money on outfits she wears once or twice, butultimately she will never be happy. It’s not in herDNA.

• Heart
I think she really believes the more you spend the better something is! And that is such a big con. Hearing of some of your travel memories has been really lovely and reminded me of my own travel memories and the joy of simple pleasures. She really is missing out on being young and the authenticity when she goes somewhere new. For me, I’d rather eat where locals eat than seeing influencers take pictures of their food! 😂
Yeah and I think for me, it brings home the point of why pages like these on Tattle are so important to bringing you back down to earth. I think i speak for many here when I say we used to look up to some Internet personalities like Alice or even wish we had their treats and luxury, but when you start questioning it even for a minute and share with others, you start to realise that it's the sweet, simple, spontaneous things in life that matter to us, not this snobbish show off that Instagram wants us to eat up. There's nothing to admire or aspire to when it comes to influencers like Alice or Zanna van Dijk showing off their superficiality, but I'm grateful for the last 2 pages of this thread for reminding me of the good things in life, the memories and those still to come. Thanks tattle!

Loving the posts this evening and everyone’s recollections. Ultimately some of the best and happiest memories aren’t the most expensive or fancy trips. My husband and I have travelled the world and had many adventures, but some of the happiest were the ones when we were piss poor students living on a baguette and a bottle of wine a day because that was all we could afford!!

I’ve been following the story of a young girl of 10 dying of cancer (Sophie’s Journey on Facebook, if anyone is interested or wishes to make a donation to a children’s cancer charity). Sat here in tears tonight, thinking of all the wonderful adventures that little girl will never have. She has taken joy in the simplest of things, and it’s been a real reminder to me to be grateful for the little things.

Alice can spend her money on outfits she wears once or twice, butultimately she will never be happy. It’s not in herDNA.
Beautiful. On the same vibe with you 😌

• Heart
Desperately sad to post an image of every course again. Just enjoy it. And another £500+ frock from the look of it. Those colours suit her but that’s not an investment piece. That’s a pretty summer dress.

Thank you for the recent posts here everyone. They’ve been lovely to read. As someone going through some crappy health times as I know others are on here, focusing on the simple things and the moment is so important. ❤🤗

• Heart
I’m loving reading about everyone’s travelling experiences. Thanks to Michael o Leary and his £2 flights, and in the days before kids, we travelled around a fair bit and were always of the view that we’d spend what we could afford on going as far as possible and seeing and doing as much as we could, rather than focusing on luxury.

In fact I remember an amazing time watching a massive thunderstorm from our balcony, drinking beer and munching Lays that we’d bought from the wee supermercado underneath our apartments.

has Alice had the joy that is a bag of Lays as an afternoon snack when you’re that bit sunburnt and chilling before going out?

Reactions: 14
Desperately sad to post an image of every course again. Just enjoy it. And another £500+ frock from the look of it. Those colours suit her but that’s not an investment piece. That’s a pretty summer dress.

Thank you for the recent posts here everyone. They’ve been lovely to read. As someone going through some crappy health times as I know others are on here, focusing on the simple things and the moment is so important. ❤🤗
Really hope the health side of things improves @Farmer Sam - health is everything x

she needs to learn to live in the moment.

I’m loving reading about everyone’s travelling experiences. Thanks to Michael o Leary and his £2 flights, and in the days before kids, we travelled around a fair bit and were always of the view that we’d spend what we could afford on going as far as possible and seeing and doing as much as we could, rather than focusing on luxury.

In fact I remember an amazing time watching a massive thunderstorm from our balcony, drinking beer and munching Lays that we’d bought from the wee supermercado underneath our apartments.

has Alice had the joy that is a bag of Lays as an afternoon snack when you’re that bit sunburnt and chilling before going out?
That sounds utterly amazing!

Reactions: 4
Please no I cannot cope. 🤣🤣🤣
Can I also just say a massive thank you to everyone here for sharing amazing travel memories. They’ve made me smile and also quite emotional. That’s what travelling and memories are about. Living the moment not documenting it on social media every minute of the day. If Tory Boy does pop the question I hope it’s private between them. It won’t be though. …..
TBH if the Padster doesn’t propose on this holiday, I’d be seriously pissed off if I was her. She’s someone that is clearly bothered by wanting to get married and clearly wants to ASAP. They’ve been together for a substantial amount of time and he must know by now whether he wants to marry her or not. They live together and have done for years (I do still find it weird they rent rather than buy - commitment issues?) and seem pretty serious so what is the wait when it is something Alice so clearly wants and wants now.

Reactions: 3
@Farmer Sam thinking of you and sending good thoughts.
@Truthslayer exactly. I’m so sorry for that child. I used to work with Make A Wish and and kids are so amazing.

memories are the most important thing and making them with friends is what you will remember at the end. Coercing some guy into proposing won’t end in good memories but you can’t tell anyone anything.

Reactions: 2
@Farmer Sam thinking of you and sending good thoughts.
@Truthslayer exactly. I’m so sorry for that child. I used to work with Make A Wish and and kids are so amazing.

memories are the most important thing and making them with friends is what you will remember at the end. Coercing some guy into proposing won’t end in good memories but you can’t tell anyone anything.
Life is so fragile and there are some people going through tit that’s so unfair. I think the swing against a lot of these vacuous privileged influencers will continue and those of us who find them to be irritating and latterly downright disingenuous sell outs will continue to grow in number. I’d much rather have an evening out with any of you on here than sit with boring Alice and her pristine plates and lack of conversation.

Also what’s with the “old Alice” comment here. She genuinely thinks she’s reinvented herself doesn’t she. Designer everything, luxury facials, bling bling. I liked old Alice. I wish she’d come back and be a PT again.

Attachments

• Heart
Life is so fragile and there are some people going through tit that’s so unfair. I think the swing against a lot of these vacuous privileged influencers will continue and those of us who find them to be irritating and latterly downright disingenuous sell outs will continue to grow in number. I’d much rather have an evening out with any of you on here than sit with boring Alice and her pristine plates and lack of conversation.

Also what’s with the “old Alice” comment here. She genuinely thinks she’s reinvented herself doesn’t she. Designer everything, luxury facials, bling bling. I liked old Alice. I wish she’d come back and be a PT again.
Maybe she’s referring to her eating disorder?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.