Alice j_t #3 Never mind Slay, Alice is having a long lunch and throwing her "business" away

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do none of the bedroom windows have curtains?? Damp in the daughters bedroom as well.

Presumably because his kids might have wanted to visit and it was part of the whole “I’m a nice family man” con he used.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
It's a bloody depressing looking house. Kids bedrooms once again looking stark and bare. Instagram Vs Reality. But I'm glad she managed to get out of there.

Reactions: 4
That thread about ‘my boyfriend is a conman’ has been deleted off mumsnet, due to ‘safety concerns.’

I hope things settle down for her now.

Reactions: 2
That thread about ‘my boyfriend is a conman’ has been deleted off mumsnet, due to ‘safety concerns.’
So definitely her then. duck Alice, £13k. Please sort your life out this time

She says she signed a 3-year contract, I'm assuming with Ogilvy. Good for her. It sounds like they all need some stability right now.

It's a bloody depressing looking house. Kids bedrooms once again looking stark and bare. Instagram Vs Reality. But I'm glad she managed to get out of there.
I thought this, the kids rooms made me sad. It sort of brought the reality of those kids being uprooted *again* very sharply into focus.

Alice seems to be making good decisions lately - proper job, 3 year house lease, less bragging. I hope this was her rock bottom and she has found the balls to recognise she’s been completely irresponsible with her kids lives and learn from it.

I might sound a knob, but I’m genuinely hopeful she might get her ass in gear? (I had wine at lunch - I could just be tipsy, I’m always more optimistic after wine 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ah. Leases longer than a year aren't common in the States so I assumed job contract. That makes more sense!
Not common here either, tbh! I do a bit of BTL and have never got a three year lease - would love to but never heard of tenants happy to!

I actually feel sorry for her when I think of all the time she invested in decorating the Mortlake rental. 😕

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Nothing to say now she's got a 'real' job, not going out with a weirdo and putting her kids at risk or showing off on first class trips to NY (Easyjet trips to Germany not quite the same). She must be moving soon again though, a 5 bed house in Barnes won't come cheap.
yes i believe she has “downsized” housing wise

but what can they do? surely it would be seen as a private, civil matter? it all boils down to them giving him money and him not paying it back - how can the authorities get involved? if he has missold them something or some other fraudulent activity then there would be grounds but I can't see what they could do?
Umm coercive control/financial abuse is a crime - so because it’s part of a romantic relationship, kids have been pulled into it the police and social services can absolutely get involved

Umm coercive control/financial abuse is a crime - so because it’s part of a romantic relationship, kids have been pulled into it the police and social services can absolutely get involved
I agree- I’ve just googled it though and I think it’s a classic con move rather than coercive control. He’s spotted his mark, love bombed her then ripped her off. She made it all too easy unfortunately.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.