Alice J-T #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's being humbled by the comment section. Lots of them calling her out for her self-congratulatory tone. She reminds me of the boomers who think that the only obstacle between young people and home ownership is their lack of hard work. Just because she did it, doesn't mean it's normal or fine.

As someone pointed out, it's unlucky that she had to learn those life lessons so early on - her husband deserves a bit of grace if this is his first time having experienced some career disappointment. Not everyone can be expected to jump into job hunting immediately, people process things differently, especially if they've lived a relatively sheltered life.

Dadam does need to pull his socks and look after his kid though, by the sounds of it.

Between this and the amount of time she spends talking into her phone for TikTok videos, she does seem very lonely.

Reactions: 6
the things she resents about him are the things you’d know about someone if you hadn’t rushed into pregnancy and marriage like they did.
Totally agree. It would definitely take more than 2 days to stop the self-pity if I was made redundant, especially if I'd really loved the job. That doesn't make me useless or pathetic - it's just a different way of dealing with something. My husband knew this about me before we married so it's hardly something that would cause drama, unless the inaction went on for a while/we were in dire need of money. Dadam definitely needs to start looking after his kid but - other than that - she is coming off like an absolute cow. She clearly has no respect for him and must have been thanking her lucky stars when a rich man with low self esteem crossed her path (presumably her dream combo). The way she hams up her story is beyond anything....she lived in her parents annex and had money from Will. The post conveniently doesn't mention any of these HUGE benefits which would allow you to run your business without any fear of actually making a secure income. Maybe Dadam is stressed because he knows all the finances rest, in reality, with him, not her. Given she's off on another start-up folly, who knows what income she'll actually be able to generate.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think it’s really the redundancy that is her issue. He’s obviously wet and a bit pathetic. The initial attraction of his parents wealth ( which we all called) has worn off, and she’s just got the ick 🤣.

Oh dear Alice. That’s why you shouldn’t always chase the money, you always come unstuck, look at Gramps, and Dan Dan the con man. She needs to run all her love interests by us, we ALWAYS call it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Totally agree. It would definitely take more than 2 days to stop the self-pity if I was made redundant, especially if I'd really loved the job. That doesn't make me useless or pathetic - it's just a different way of dealing with something. My husband knew this about me before we married so it's hardly something that would cause drama, unless the inaction went on for a while/we were in dire need of money. Dadam definitely needs to start looking after his kid but - other than that - she is coming off like an absolute cow. She clearly has no respect for him and must have been thanking her lucky stars when a rich man with low self esteem crossed her path (presumably her dream combo). The way she hams up her story is beyond anything....she lived in her parents annex and had money from Will. The post conveniently doesn't mention any of these HUGE benefits which would allow you to run your business without any fear of actually making a secure income. Maybe Dadam is stressed because he knows all the finances rest, in reality, with him, not her. Given she's off on another start-up folly, who knows what income she'll actually be able to generate.
And with that start up being fake human breastmilk - good luck with that.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I mean yeah, if there was a chance that synthetic breast milk could be a thing, it wouldn't be Alice and a mate she's just met bringing it to market through a FeMtEcH sTaRtUp.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The thing about breast milk is that it changes to meet the needs of the baby. You can give it antibodies to the specific virus it has caught etc - there is foremilk which is fatty and hind milk which is more watery. You cannot replicate it exactly.

Reactions: 4
The thing about breast milk is that it changes to meet the needs of the baby. You can give it antibodies to the specific virus it has caught etc - there is foremilk which is fatty and hind milk which is more watery. You cannot replicate it exactly.
But this is Alice. She #slays at everything. It’s bound to be a rip-roaring, life-changing success!

And by success, I mean a flop, resulting in her losing all the money she doesn’t have…

Reactions: 2
I mean she's hoping to retire in her 40s and she's 39 now, so she'd better get on and cure cancer or whatever with her Femtech female company.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Do we not already have a breast milk substitute in the form of formula milk, widely sold and easily accessible across the county?

Has she forgotten this minor detail in her efforts to slay?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Also aren’t there laws around advertising formula - you’re not allowed to say it’s close to breast milk or even advertise any baby formula other than follow-on milk. How does she think anyone’s even going to hear about it?

Call me cynical, but ... If you were someone looking to invest in something like synthetic breastmilk then one of the things you'd be looking at would be the people involved. Doing some due diligence on them and understanding how well they have previously done in their careers / other projects. Are they amazing research scientists who did a whole PhD on something similar, or are they an "influencer" that completed slayed their previous "start up" and then was such a bad judge of character that they lost pretty much everything by shacking up with a con artist? I'm guessing if you google Alice's new married name this thread doesn't come up. Shame...

The whole mumsnet thread slagging off her OH is hilarious. Poor guy. But, if you rush into marriage and having a baby in the midst of a global pandemic what do you expect?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Alice, you best clear some space next to the #slay notebooks and signs for all the breast milk branded tat you’ve no doubt already bought

Also aren’t there laws around advertising formula - you’re not allowed to say it’s close to breast milk or even advertise any baby formula other than follow-on milk. How does she think anyone’s even going to hear about it?
That's right - it would be interesting to see whether they think those regulations would apply to their product. I can't find any of her posts now about the new startup and can't remember what the ~USP is 😂

Call me cynical, but ... If you were someone looking to invest in something like synthetic breastmilk then one of the things you'd be looking at would be the people involved. Doing some due diligence on them and understanding how well they have previously done in their careers / other projects. Are they amazing research scientists who did a whole PhD on something similar, or are they an "influencer" that completed slayed their previous "start up" and then was such a bad judge of character that they lost pretty much everything by shacking up with a con artist? I'm guessing if you google Alice's new married name this thread doesn't come up. Shame...

The whole mumsnet thread slagging off her OH is hilarious. Poor guy. But, if you rush into marriage and having a baby in the midst of a global pandemic what do you expect?
Can you post a link to the thread?

Companies in the US are already three years ahead of them in this 'femtech niche', one of them backed by $20 mill of funding (some of it from Bill Gates), Do they really think they are going to make this work, and retire off the back of it?

Companies in the US are already three years ahead of them in this 'femtech niche', one of them backed by $20 mill of funding (some of it from Bill Gates), Do they really think they are going to make this work, and retire off the back of it?
I'm sure she'll #slay it

• Haha
Reactions: 1