Alice Evans & Ioan Gruffudd #245 Baby Reindeer 2 Baby Angel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So does that mean he’s in control about where they live if he retains joint legal custody? And maybe he wants Alice to stay in California with a DVRO against her?
He can't tell Alice where she has to live. Neither one of them can take the kids out of the state without the others permission.

Reactions: 15
Looking at those wedding pics he really had no idea that he was making the biggest mistake of his life.

Right, back to catching up now.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
So does that mean he’s in control about where they live if he retains joint legal custody? And maybe he wants Alice to stay in California with a DVRO against her?
In California, a child can be moved to another county with the agreement of both parents, but a child cannot be moved out of state (or obviously out of the country) without a court order.

As long as there is joint legal custody, then yes, Ioan has legal say so on where they live. If Alice were to move with the children anywhere out of California, without the court’s consent, that could be seen as parental kidnapping.
---
He can't tell Alice where she has to live. Neither one of them can take the kids out of the state without the others permission.
He can’t dictate the exact location. Legally, Alice just needs to live in LA county, unless they both agree she can move to, say, nearby Orange or Ventura County. It’s not hard to get permission to move to another county, btw, if you can show just cause (cheaper housing, job relocation, etc.).

It gets more complicated if you move further away and impede visitation. If Ioan actually had visitation and Alice moved to, let’s say, Las Vegas, she would need to arrange and pay for the children to fly back to LA for regularly scheduled visits, or pay for Ioan to come to Vegas.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
In California, a child can be moved to another county with the agreement of both parents, but a child cannot be moved out of state (or obviously out of the country) without a court order.

As long as there is joint legal custody, then yes, Ioan has legal say so on where they live. If Alice were to move with the children anywhere out of California, without the court’s consent, that could be seen as parental kidnapping.
---

He can’t dictate the exact location. Legally, Alice just needs to live in LA county, unless they both agree she can move to, say, nearby Orange or Ventura County. It’s not hard to get permission to move to another county, btw, if you can show just cause (cheaper housing, job relocation, etc.).

It gets more complicated if you move further away and impede visitation. If Ioan actually had visitation and Alice moved to, let’s say, Las Vegas, she would need to arrange and pay for the children to fly back to LA for regularly scheduled visits, or pay for Ioan to come to Vegas.
Job relocation lol
she can argue with strangers on the Internet from anywhere

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Job relocation lol
she can argue with strangers on the Internet from anywhere
Yeah, the law is full of Hopeful Hypotheticals. 😂
---
As a side note, IF Ioan had visitation AND chose to move back to the UK, the onus is now on him to make sure visitation would happen, as he is the one who chose to leave the children’s state of residence. Because the children are minors, Alice could say she’s not comfortable with them flying alone/being in the UK for long periods without her and push for Ioan paying for her to accompany them. 😳

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
The wedding photo body language is just so awkward and without chemistry - it's like 2 costars who hate each other but have to do a love scene. mAlice is over acting and Ioan looks like he is a political prisoner, paraded in front of the media. He also appears to be wearing his grandad's suit.

Does anyone have that lovely photo where mAlice has a drink in one hand and a fag in the other?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
as someone that got the worst grade in 'handwriting' (yes this was a seperate subject) in primary school and who regulary had grades knocked down in middle school because of handwriting (thank god in high school it no longer mattered, there they could only deduct grades for orthography, which was never an issue for me, but I had a teacher wishing he could do it for my handwriting LOL) I find every handwriting out there beautiful.
Handwriting is almost a lost art these days, which is sad 😕.
My writing is terrible these days, as most, I hardly ever write and when I do my hand aches! I write everything in capitals too; because when I first started working insurance a "covernote" had to be written in capitals to avoid people trying to "doctor" them and sell for money, and it just stuck.
You'll be pleased to know welp I was in top class in German, got the highest mark in my final exams. I cannot however write it anymore, I can understand bits and reply in a slow conversation, but sadly there wasn't much use for a 2nd language when I started work, so I lost most of it 😫. Gutted, as now if you can speak a language/read/write to a business level, your salary is much higher.
Oddly I can read Dutch a bit, because the last 4 years I did a lot work with investments in The Netherlands, so I picked up a bit!
Anyways...I see malcie is still silent...interesting 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 16
If you look at her Insta, she really has no range. It's endless selfies, using the kids for content, grief thieving or playing the victim of 'Tattle trolls' and the 'ex-husband's girlfriend'. At least with Twitter she would riff off other people's posts but you can't do that on Insta. You think she would be able to handle twitter 3.5 years on, but no.... she can't trust herself lol

1715808630274.png

Reactions: 17
She ruins a perfectly nice dress with her terrible accessories
And Ioan's shoes...Jesus. definitely chosen by Alice..
I was just about to say, the dress is actually okay...black is way to harsh with that colour, cream would have been better and that necklace, needs to be dumped in the sea 🤢

Reactions: 12
Yes but she has sole physical custody. She can leave the state without his permission but not with the kids. So if he doesn’t consent, she can’t leave the state until the girls are over 18 or it’s a kidnapping charge. Let’s say she wants to move back to the UK and he has already, he can keep Alice far away by keeping joint legal custody. At least that’s what I was asking. She can’t even move to a cheaper state without his say so and he very well might be living far away

Reactions: 14
Yes but she has sole physical custody. She can leave the state but without his permission but not with the kids. So if he doesn’t consent, she can’t leave the state until the girls are over 18 or it’s a kidnapping charge. Let’s say she wants to move back to the UK and he has already, he can keep Alice far away by keeping joint legal custody. At least that’s what I was asking. She can’t even move to a cheaper state without his say so and he very well might be living far away
If Ioan moved to the UK, he would have a very hard time keeping her from also moving, should she choose to. The court would likely say it’s in the best interest of the children to have close and easy access to BOTH parents.

Same with moving out of state. The California court would say moving out of state impedes visitation with Ioan, IF he still lived in LA. If he moved to the UK, she could argue that it makes no difference what state she lives in, it’s still an airplane ride away to see their father.

Reactions: 13
I say this every time a move to Wales is mentioned but Ioan could do a lot worse than becoming a regular in Casualty which films in Cardiff. I think he would be a great genius maverick doctor with a questionable bedside manner. (Arguably William Beck as Dylan Keogh already does a phenomenal job at this). Charlie Fairhead has finally retired now so they should have some salary budget to play with.

Reactions: 18
If Ioan moved to the UK, he would have a very hard time keeping her from also moving, should she choose to. The court would likely say it’s in the best interest of the children to have close and easy access to BOTH parents.

Same with moving out of state. The California court would say moving out of state impedes visitation with Ioan, IF he still lived in LA. If he moved to the UK, she could argue that it makes no difference what state she lives in, it’s still an airplane ride away to see their father.
I think I speak for all of the UK when I say ‘we don’t want her’.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Have I missed something? Had a sickness bug in the house and been dealing with that. Was there ever a court document following the most recent hearing?
Has Alice got full custody?
Someone help 😸😸

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Disclaimer: Unlike our amazing @Hiraeth I am not an (imaginary) lawyer. I am a Californian whose first and current marriages are/were to UK citizens. My child from #1 has dual citizenship, as do my stepchildren. Two are grown, and divorced with children. I live in one county, my ex lived two counties over. Even though everything has always been amicable and everyone involved has always put the children first (Not that hard, Alice!), we have had to jump through legal hoops to take the kids and grandkids on holidays abroad, do school pick-ups, etc. So I only speak from experience, not from a professional POV.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
am catching up on the thread...
Let's not forget since we're sharing wedding photos... here's how they should be viewed today after the Domestic Violence Restraining Order (shared in an earlier thread):
1715812144348.png

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.