Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hasanah123

VIP Member
Is it me or does he really like those twin doctors? He is always seeing one or the other. And I think it was due to one of them moving to the states with her husband that prompted the whole doing the USMLE thing

At least ali abdaal can always return to medicine if his youtube career fails
or he may have saved up so much money that he no longer needs to work after his business fails

quartzen

I haven’t watched him for ages, so I guess they must have broken up a while ago. Or I’m misremembering ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

afterthestormagain

Off topic - what do people think of his singing? any singers out there who can give their thoughts? Personally I'm not a fan but I wonder how he sounds to others

Amber222

Yikes.

Both women could do far better than Ali imo.
Probably but so what? Ali and Iggy are more compatible lookswise and personality-wise than Ali and Sheen. The new girl makes sense. She's pretty and younger than Ali. Ali went for the prettier and younger "option"....I don't think Ali is as clumsy or awkward around women as he portrays

JohnMasters

With Kharma's latest video it is unclear whteher the entire video is an ad, or just a section of it is sponsored. Especially with Notability's recent controversial business tactics and the timing of when this came out, it does need to be disclosed before you click on the video.
Kind of a grey area here, there's a clear sign at the beginning that the video is sponsored, he has several popups throughout with it and speaks it. But he doesn't have a dedicated segment where he plugs it. However, the whole video is largely editorial.

nyawakes

Tbh I imagine it was about money. Making money from the videos he made about it, making money from being involved with Liberty medics. Has the feel of being a set up just to promote that company more than anything else to me. I might be cynical, but I doubt he had any intentions of going anywhere.
I always thought that being involved with liberty medics was a scam. Specially because he stopped working as a doctor to "focus on other things" a.k.a making more money. Once or twice he posted about the usmle exam, but mostly videos with the other couple that run that course simply for promotion and to make a quick buck. I mean, if you look at liberty medics webpage the "about us" section hasn't been updated since they started the company, given that Usama is already an attending and shirin is on her second year as a resident and well, Ali, we all know that story. Another example of money grabbing behaviour, as they probably have Ali there to act as the poster boy due to his popularity but in reality he doesn't have a clue how the process works nor has he gone through the steps to be a doctor in the US as he's not even interested in it.

Machtc99

At some level doesn't some of the fault lie with his timid/conceited/polite-to-a-fault/enabling friends and family who don't advise or contradict him strongly enough when he spouts random cr*p like this. His main channel's content and his thoughts usually seem to be a distillate of "thoughts" he's had that he's run by extemporaneously in his little circle- from my reading of following his personal channels (appendix, not overthinking etc), this is usually the case. Maybe he masks it socially with his cool bro "vibes"; maybe the BS lands better with food and in a social setting, than in a YT channel! Makes me wonder.
I agree. If he comes from upper-middle-class background and is surrounded by educated people, why someone would not confront him with his behavior and how toxic he is?

As an upside, the dude's found a girl who's willing to go on a second date (and beyond). Maybe this will be a start of a new way of life for him.
He could've found also a girl with spectrum who would give him 5% of hers time. Perfect match.

Apart from the redpill stuff I agree. Influencers all hide theo

I actually agree with everything you said, don't get me wrong. I was just saying that an ASD diagnosis would explain his behavior, definitely not excuse it. I think untreated autism in young men is extremely dangerous. A lot of the redpilled alt-right school shooter types are on the spectrum and it results in them just radicalizing others who are mentally unstable like them. Maybe it's a gender thing too. There are few ASD females I've encountered but they're extremely different to their male counterparts. Rather than turning to radicalization they just end up hyperfixating on certain things.
That's what I am saying. He is dangerous. And if we as a society start to embrace ASD as a blessing without saying "hey you need to get a therapy" then it is sick x2.

Amber222

If anyone wants to see his new GF, here she is around the 6-minute mark. She stayed back with him and his employees... I think they were already dating at this point so I don't think he met her there.

Amber222

I personally think the best way to meet someone is by just living your life as normal - by doing your hobbies and talking to colleagues, friends of friends etc. naturally you will come into contact who's likely compatible for you.

However as "dating advice" for a YouTube video aimed at a community of people looking to create productivity systems, strategies and tools in every little aspect of their life that is fairly useless advice. So it will take the very random and natural process of getting to know someone and turn it into a bunch of systems and rules. It's really weird and strange. I just do not think that dating and romance is something you should apply these types of productivity systems to - people are far too variable.

Ali has met this girl through a fairly organic situation but it doesn't make for a good video with his ethics and ideology of systems. Remember he's trying to get sponsorship money from apps like Hinge, and wants to get dating gurus and book writers on his podcasts. He has a vested interest there.

Imagine if he said "Well I've dropped all of this money on apps, but the real way I met someone was that she was a customer on my course and we met through that after she'd admired me from a distance for months and then paid thousands of pounds to get on the course and then we met through that". Not only is it fairly unethical given the amounts of money flying around, it's also just not useful advice. This is not an evening class where you are hooking up with the cute pottery teacher or the bloke giving you guitar lessons, it is a celebrity potentially taking advantage of a younger female fan - it could be viewed as misconduct at worst. He needs to be very careful how he eventually reveals his relationship and the timeline of it.

It also goes against every single weird idea Ali is trying to teach his incel followers around systems and productivity and rules because itv shows Ali's own life (in)experience is useless and inapplicable because he essentially just fucks one of his fans and customers, as a celebrity figure. It's pretty unacceptable and hypocritical.

If Ali was instead in a rock band playing the guitar, a fan pays for a meet and greet/autograph session with her, and he invites her back to the tour bus after the gig, there would be a big questions asked.

This is ridiculous you are implying that men should be dating younger, prettier women at all times and that older women are worthless. Pretty disgusting attitude to have honestly.
Okay, you've nailed it. This is why Ali is "hiding" her. But this just shows that Ali really likes this girl. She blows up all the unrealistic assumptions he had about dating and relationships. It's a life lesson for him. He needs to embrace his emotions and not analyze them, just be. This is probably the most "normal" part of Ali's life and he should keep his relationship private and separate from his channel.

Btw you read way too much into my comment. I don't think men should ONLY date younger prettier women. Calm down. I just don't think Ali has the emotional maturity to date an older woman. So a younger "bright-eyed" pretty girl like Iggy is perfect for him.

I also think he hated his job because he had to travel so far too! Like it’s odd he never did a video on covid and being a doctor apart from Instagram posts with that cringe hashtag but he was never in those wards? Can’t recall him doing an A & E rotation??
yeah he did a long blog post about his goals where he mentioned he'd never done an a&e job, but wants to work as a locum. and do humanitarian work

EmmaWsucks

IDK about being desperate. According to Elizabeth, he never checked it once. In fact, he did not even know that there was a page set up by her for that.

He mentions that he wanna spend 10% of his time together with his partner. He even has this on his dating profiles. What sane adult would swipe right after reading that?
So did someone else set up Ali's wife begging email/page?!
Also, has Ali even been in a romantic relationship or even had hookups?
Is our man still a virgin?!!!!

I'm not suggesting they're bad people bc they have mental disorders etc. Im suggesting they're bad people for telling/showing their impressionable naive audience their mental disorders and not seeking help professionally

I also suggested they are bad people for greenwashing/virtue signalling like Grace Beverly and her greenwashed clothing company, or Ruby/Holly and her veganism

I'm so glad that you think people who struggle with eating disorders and mental health issues are worse people than men who go to Cambridge and flog terrible study skills/productivity apps and tips. Get out of here and go back to your mum's basement with that bullshit. That's not the reason they're bad people, and even suggesting that is gross.
y

when has
Okay, let me work through this real quick.

His vids are well produced and taught me a great deal about money and productivity
Very fair, I agree that his videos are occasionally useful.

Sure, he contributes to toxic productivity but living under capitalism, we have no choice but to partake in hustle culture to survive unless we have rich families to fall back on
Completely incorrect. Toxic productivity actively hurts people, and actually reduces your ability to 'survive' as you put it - if you're putting 110% of your effort into studying/working/etc. and leaving nothing for yourself, you're far more likely to burn out and hurt yourself. Also, we don't have to partake in hustle culture. I've managed two degrees and several part time jobs without hustle culture or toxic productivity, for example.
There are many careers where hustle culture is pushed and can often be the only way to get into it, eg. law, business etc. But this doesn't mean Ali should be advocating for this. There are many great influencers who speak out on hustle culture and toxic productivity, I would encourage you to look at Tiffany Ferg, for example.

If you want to learn more about toxic productivity and why Ali shouldn't be contributing, check this blog post out:

You claim Ali is privileged but he comes from a single-parent family
Privilege comes in many forms. He's a man, his mum is well-off, he comes from an affluent background. Many of these factors have helped him get where he is today. He went to a grammar school and got into Cambridge for medicine, that is insanely privileged compared to the majority of people in the UK. You can experience privilege in many ways whilst also having ways in which you are not privileged.

Granted, his mum is a doctor, but his family's finances are about half as much as a family with 2 doctors, or 2 working professional parents
This feels like a non-argument. You could put this argument on anyone with a single parent. I'm sure his mum has not had an easy life, but doctors do earn a lot of money and I'm sure this helped him a lot. From a quick google search, his dad is actually a businessman, so that's something to consider too.

Also, Ali has done videos on effective altruism but not many people cared enough to watch it, which reflects badly on his viewership/wider society
Huh, does it? People follow him for money and study-related content, not altruism. I don't think that means anything bad for wider society, or even his viewership - they just probably choose to get their content on how to be a better person from... well, better people.

Effective altruism also means giving your money away to causes and charities, which in itself is incredibly privileged. Imagine having the money to be able to give so much away each month, and still live comfortably. I have never experienced that. The fact that Ali does is admirable, but I just watched his video on it and... Well, it does come across as him trying to persuade his audience to give away money they probably don't have. Creating study content means that a significant portion of his viewership are students or young adults without money. It doesn't make sense to make a video explaining why he did this except to brag in a 'look i'm so much better than you because i have the time, energy and money to give to others'. Effective altruism is something you can do accurately if you're privileged. It's very hard to do it when you're struggling to make ends meet, you're coping with illness, or you're from a lower income background.

Sure Ali could dedicate his life to charity and give away all his money to charity but nobody, including you would/do
See the point above. This argument is laughable. Google the 'Tu Quoque' fallacy - because that's what you're doing right now. (thanks to the poster in the Unjaded Jade thread who told me what that was called it came in quite useful!)

You are using tattle life right now, which makes you more privileged than all the 3rd world people who can't even eat or the refugees fleeing ukraine
And you are too? I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. Surely none of us should be doing anything because we're all more privileged than people in poverty and fleeing war. Ironically, Ali is the person who would be able to make the most difference here, but instead here he is, posting on a gossip forum he's just making toxic productivity content. Privilege is on a spectrum (iffy description but idk how else to explain). Everyone, to some extent, experiences privilege. Nobody is suggesting that we are less privileged than people living in poverty, or refugees fleeing any war or any situation. We are only saying that Ali is very privileged, which is true.

Also, don't use the term 'third world' - this suggests that they're somehow less advanced or developed than we are. Just say poorer countries, or people living in poorer areas of the world. Better explanation here:

But are you spending all your money/time/energy on these people?
Another fallacy. This is just a non-argument.

Are you giving away all your money to charities and poor people?
See above.

If you are not doing so, don't expect Ali to. He is not a moral role-model, so don't hold him up to these standards.
I don't think anyone has suggested Ali should be giving away all his money to charities and poor people. Instead, they're saying that he's a privileged, very well-educated man who has fallen out of what made him likeable and into a toxic productivity machine, where he flogs productivity brands, clearly thinks far too highly of himself, almost certainly isn't a feminist, pretends that he's doing lots of good in the world but only really just perpetuates the idea that you have to be Cambridge-educated and spend all your free time working or studying to be successful.

Also, he clearly thinks himself a moral role model, so why shouldn't we hold him to these standards?

Finally, before I sign off, I would just like to point out my favourite argument of any public figure on the internet should be expected to be held to account in some way. Nobody is exempt from criticism, especially not someone like Ali who holds himself in such high regard yet doesn't really do any good.

Anyway, considering you've spent your time thinking up a terrible argument in favour of yourself your role model, and pretty much advocated for contacting someone's family (which is borderline harassment), maybe you should leave this website and go back to jacking off in front of Ali's study tip videos. I don't think this is a good place for you.
When has ali abdaal ever held himself up to be a moral rolemodel?
A productivity/money role model sure, but not a moral one
At least he doesn't pretend to be vegan etc. and claim all his companies are ethical

JohnMasters

I think he is attracted to her and you can't blame him for that, she is good looking and charming. But he is not capable of approaching her because I think Ali doesn't know how to be vulnerable. He's still playing a persona of a nice guy who will some day provide for his family and wouldn't be involved in emotional weightlifting for any member of the family because he is not in touch with his emotions in the first place. I imagine women like Sheen and Elizabeth are not looking for that sort of men. So I don't think Elizabeth would be interested in him.
Vulnerable? What does that have to do with anything? She reached out to him to get hired, so clearly she was a fan and if there's one thing that's clear by now, it's that fans can be really stupid.