Ali Abdaal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yikes.

Both women could do far better than Ali imo.
Probably but so what? Ali and Iggy are more compatible lookswise and personality-wise than Ali and Sheen. The new girl makes sense. She's pretty and younger than Ali. Ali went for the prettier and younger "option"....I don't think Ali is as clumsy or awkward around women as he portrays

Probably but so what? Ali and Iggy are more compatible lookswise and personality-wise than Ali and Sheen. The new girl makes sense. She's pretty and younger than Ali. Ali went for the prettier and younger "option"....I don't think Ali is as clumsy or awkward around women as he portrays
First off, no idea why people brought Sheen into this. 99.9% doubt there was anything going on there beyond a living arrangement.

Secondly, it sounds like he's already conquered your heart without having to do anything. Either that or you work for him. No idea what position you're even arguing from. Don't think anyone has an issue with the fact that he's sticking his dick in someone, it more has to do with how he obtained her—from his fanbase—and what he's doing about it—making dating tips videos and keeping her hidden while frothing up his cringe audience for some great "girlfriend reveal" video. As with his content and success in general, he finds himself in a lucky spot and then crafts this detailed strategy in hindsight of how he got there then sells it to people as "how to...". Can you comprehend why this is a really toxic way of doing things?

When two people meet, there's lots of reading going on, both of spoken words and body language and demeanor. In this situation, she's had the time to study his YT persona for months/years from a distance, she's built an image of him in her head based on what she saw, she started doing the same things as him and looking to him as an authority in the field (even though I think he's bad at most things) and went so far as to pay thousands of pounds for a course to be around him. This is why, if you've been on the internet long enough, you might've heard of similar situations with other youtubers and why they strictly do NOT recommend hooking up with audience members. As the creator, you might think you're starting off in a good position and getting an easy lay but you the moment you don't live up to the image the other person built up in his/her head of you, it starts going downhill in the most spectacular of ways. Most of the time it's really all about how long the audience member hangs on to the illusion of who the creator is that dictates the length of the relationship and you're constantly judged against it. Sure, there could be exceptions but the probability is in favor of failure especially with young people that don't really have their thoughts and principles well defined at that stage.

Reactions: 6
I personally think the best way to meet someone is by just living your life as normal - by doing your hobbies and talking to colleagues, friends of friends etc. naturally you will come into contact who's likely compatible for you.

However as "dating advice" for a YouTube video aimed at a community of people looking to create productivity systems, strategies and tools in every little aspect of their life that is fairly useless advice. So it will take the very random and natural process of getting to know someone and turn it into a bunch of systems and rules. It's really weird and strange. I just do not think that dating and romance is something you should apply these types of productivity systems to - people are far too variable.

Ali has met this girl through a fairly organic situation but it doesn't make for a good video with his ethics and ideology of systems. Remember he's trying to get sponsorship money from apps like Hinge, and wants to get dating gurus and book writers on his podcasts. He has a vested interest there.

Imagine if he said "Well I've dropped all of this money on apps, but the real way I met someone was that she was a customer on my course and we met through that after she'd admired me from a distance for months and then paid thousands of pounds to get on the course and then we met through that". Not only is it fairly unethical given the amounts of money flying around, it's also just not useful advice. This is not an evening class where you are hooking up with the cute pottery teacher or the bloke giving you guitar lessons, it is a celebrity potentially taking advantage of a younger female fan - it could be viewed as misconduct at worst. He needs to be very careful how he eventually reveals his relationship and the timeline of it.

It also goes against every single weird idea Ali is trying to teach his incel followers around systems and productivity and rules because itv shows Ali's own life (in)experience is useless and inapplicable because he essentially just fucks one of his fans and customers, as a celebrity figure. It's pretty unacceptable and hypocritical.

If Ali was instead in a rock band playing the guitar, a fan pays for a meet and greet/autograph session with her, and he invites her back to the tour bus after the gig, there would be a big questions asked.

Probably but so what? Ali and Iggy are more compatible lookswise and personality-wise than Ali and Sheen. The new girl makes sense. She's pretty and younger than Ali.
This is ridiculous you are implying that men should be dating younger, prettier women at all times and that older women are worthless. Pretty disgusting attitude to have honestly.

Reactions: 5
I personally think the best way to meet someone is by just living your life as normal - by doing your hobbies and talking to colleagues, friends of friends etc. naturally you will come into contact who's likely compatible for you.

However as "dating advice" for a YouTube video aimed at a community of people looking to create productivity systems, strategies and tools in every little aspect of their life that is fairly useless advice. So it will take the very random and natural process of getting to know someone and turn it into a bunch of systems and rules. It's really weird and strange. I just do not think that dating and romance is something you should apply these types of productivity systems to - people are far too variable.

Ali has met this girl through a fairly organic situation but it doesn't make for a good video with his ethics and ideology of systems. Remember he's trying to get sponsorship money from apps like Hinge, and wants to get dating gurus and book writers on his podcasts. He has a vested interest there.

Imagine if he said "Well I've dropped all of this money on apps, but the real way I met someone was that she was a customer on my course and we met through that after she'd admired me from a distance for months and then paid thousands of pounds to get on the course and then we met through that". Not only is it fairly unethical given the amounts of money flying around, it's also just not useful advice. This is not an evening class where you are hooking up with the cute pottery teacher or the bloke giving you guitar lessons, it is a celebrity potentially taking advantage of a younger female fan - it could be viewed as misconduct at worst. He needs to be very careful how he eventually reveals his relationship and the timeline of it.

It also goes against every single weird idea Ali is trying to teach his incel followers around systems and productivity and rules because itv shows Ali's own life (in)experience is useless and inapplicable because he essentially just fucks one of his fans and customers, as a celebrity figure. It's pretty unacceptable and hypocritical.

If Ali was instead in a rock band playing the guitar, a fan pays for a meet and greet/autograph session with her, and he invites her back to the tour bus after the gig, there would be a big questions asked.

This is ridiculous you are implying that men should be dating younger, prettier women at all times and that older women are worthless. Pretty disgusting attitude to have honestly.
Okay, you've nailed it. This is why Ali is "hiding" her. But this just shows that Ali really likes this girl. She blows up all the unrealistic assumptions he had about dating and relationships. It's a life lesson for him. He needs to embrace his emotions and not analyze them, just be. This is probably the most "normal" part of Ali's life and he should keep his relationship private and separate from his channel.

Btw you read way too much into my comment. I don't think men should ONLY date younger prettier women. Calm down. I just don't think Ali has the emotional maturity to date an older woman. So a younger "bright-eyed" pretty girl like Iggy is perfect for him.

Okay, you've nailed it. This is why Ali is "hiding" her. But this just shows that Ali really likes this girl. She blows up all the unrealistic assumptions he had about dating and relationships. It's a life lesson for him. He needs to embrace his emotions and not analyze them, just be. This is probably the most "normal" part of Ali's life and he should keep his relationship private and separate from his channel.

Btw you read way too much into my comment. I don't think men should ONLY date younger prettier women. Calm down. I just don't think Ali has the emotional maturity to date an older woman. So a younger "bright-eyed" pretty girl like Iggy is perfect for him.
I agree, he should keep it private. His "dating" content isn't particularly insightful or good so him giving advice on how to date is just weird.

Your comments initially read that Sheen was a larger girl who was too similar in age or older than Ali - so he should go for the young pretty girl. Which is pretty devaluing to Sheen based on some things out of her control and could be read as v problematic.

Reactions: 4
I agree, he should keep it private. His "dating" content isn't particularly insightful or good so him giving advice on how to date is just weird.

Your comments initially read that Sheen was a larger girl who was too similar in age or older than Ali - so he should go for the young pretty girl. Which is pretty devaluing to Sheen based on some things out of her control and could be read as v problematic.
Not everyone would find me attractive. I would not be every man's "cup of tea". It's okay to have preferences. Sheen was not Ali's type. The new girl is (she's too pretty for him actually). Ali is a "beta" male. He cannot handle Sheen.

If anyone wants to see his new GF, here she is around the 6-minute mark. She stayed back with him and his employees... I think they were already dating at this point so I don't think he met her there.

Not everyone would find me attractive. I would not be every man's "cup of tea". It's okay to have preferences. Sheen was not Ali's type. The new girl is (she's too pretty for him actually). Ali is a "beta" male. He cannot handle Sheen.
Not only do you not have an understanding of how power dynamics work in relationships, but you are using a lot of incel-derived language and concepts. These are things that Ali (knowingly or not) peddles as well. Ali clearly has a void inside of him that he is trying to fill with productivity, awards, courses, whatever. It's not because he's a "beta male", it's because Sheen is a confident person and he is deeply insecure. She never seemed interested in him so I'm not sure why you even brought her up.

Also using her size as a thinly veiled insult is garbage. She looks great and I would take her over Ali any day in my lifetime.

Reactions: 7
ali sucks.JPG

Does this just not say it all about Ali Abdaal and Youtube

Actual content about him and his life = barely any views

Thinly viewed clickbait = some views

Money content with stupid icons = many views

Reactions: 2
Money content with stupid icons = many views
Money content is always gonna get views no matter who makes it. It's what all the scammer course sellers and Amazon FBA tards base their "business" on as well. It's regrettable but that's the nature of the content. The more annoying part is when someone like Abdaal deludes himself into thinking he actually has relevant things to say about it.

That clickbait video with $3k per month has basically no advice except "learn a skill and get paid for it" and commenters are like "whoa so novel, you talk about stuff that nobody ever talks about", when there's been content about this job type on the internet for at least a decade and in much greater detail. He tapped into an audience of clueless dunces that are constantly fluffing him and his crappy content up. A symbiosis of stupidity. Can't wrap my head around the fact that people use this channel as a main source of info and haven't explored the internet, which has much more experienced people talking about these topics in much greater detail and with way more entertainment value. Says a lot about the average youtube watcher.

Reactions: 2
ali's video: how to make $3k per month? get a job
anyone from his audience: i've been enlightened

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thought you guys here would be interested in this because there was a poster on here wondering if he would be honest about his finances. The fact that he usually makes a video out of it but this time he put it in a newsletter . Also been lurking this thread on and off since I started hating his yt channel years ago. Ive included screen shots but I've never done this on here before so sorry if they're out of order or something. Also he comes across really defensive about loosing money this year. Also funny is that the newsletter post has a sponsorship from another newsletter. He's really trying to make money through all types of sponsors.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Thought you guys here would be interested in this because there was a poster on here wondering if he would be honest about his finances. The fact that he usually makes a video out of it but this time he put it in a newsletter . Also been lurking this thread on and off since I started hating his yt channel years ago. Ive included screen shots but I've never done this on here before so sorry if they're out of order or something. Also he comes across really defensive about loosing money this year. Also funny is that the newsletter post has a sponsorship from another newsletter. He's really trying to make money through all types of sponsors.
i was literally coming here to post this. And totally agree , he is super defensive.. and now he’s turning it into a ‘lesson learned’ 🙄

Reactions: 3
Sniffing a fat line of copium right into his brainstem. Just like I predicted a few pages back, at some point you hit a plateau with this bullshit especially since he doesn't actually have a real "business". Big shocker that people got tired of the same old nonsense. I'm sure "sales" was the problem and not the fact that he's selling the digital equivalent of a pat on the back and a "you can do it!". Time to sell more mattresses and "brain pills" I guess.

Reactions: 4
The first screenshot has your email I think, you might want to report the post to mods and get that removed?

But thanks for sharing.

He's obvs devastated by the plateau. It's a bit 'doth protest too much'.

Thought you guys here would be interested in this because there was a poster on here wondering if he would be honest about his finances. The fact that he usually makes a video out of it but this time he put it in a newsletter .
He does say he's currently making the video and will be providing exact figures. So not sure what your point is.

I didn't read defensiveness into this newsletter, just a lot of naivety. Like he really projected at least a million dollar growth post-pandemic for an online business when people are going back to work. And that's a crazy jump in expenses for a business just a couple years old. Makes you wary about taking business advice from him.