Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
IDK about any recent live stream with them but this reminded me that Ali appeared on Sheen's podcast months back (when i used to follow him). Sheen's podcast focusses on women empowerment and topics related to that (never listened to it either so IDK how it is) but I remember her posting the thumbnail on her Instagram and most of the comments stated that Ali was quite ignorant about this aspect and he should also educate himself on the matter. I still do not wanna judge based on the comments but when majority of the comments were about this, I agree wholeheartedly. learning about productivity and stoicism is fine but there are other serious matters in the world he should also focus on. instead of reading 100 books about productivity (which spews the same facts over and over again in different ways), he should also read about other stuff like feminism, lgbtq, race, etc.
I mean he's read quite a lot about race as far as I am aware and admits to coming from a place where he wasn't particularly educated about it and his privilege in being a straight male. Most of the negative comments on his video about learning about race were some of his followers complaining about his definition of racism including a power dynamic and stuff. I really don't think he's massively sexist or anything in the way people on this thread are making him out to be. I don't think Sheen or Molly would be friends with someone sexist and that most of the comments people pick him up on as 'incel terminology' are said self deprecatingly. To me something like 'increase my sexual marketplace value' is obviously self deprecation. In terms of dating I think he's just trying to navigate largely unfamiliar territory and so is trying to be efficient and thorough about it. The whole 'go with the flow' thing and let a relationship just happen is a nice idea but, particularly during a pandemic, isn't really going to happen so he's making an effort.

JohnMasters

Off topic of Ali but KharmaMedic did a Notability sponsored video with no "ad" in the thumbnail right on the day that Notability started forcing users to pay a subscription fee even when they had paid for the app before in full. They got absolutely destroyed by users in the App Store for it. Big L for my personal opinion of him after this.
Dunno who you've seen use #AD in a thumbnail but that basically guarantees you won't get any views. The FTC requires youtubers to disclose in the description, in the actual video and via the "Includes sponsored product" option in the upload dashboard.

Literally you mentioned the harmful money/productivity idea - he shouldn't be outsourcing work to poorly paid people in Asia and selling it as some kind of genius idea like he does in his videos - it's unethical and exploitative.
by that logic, you should never buy fast fashion, iphones or most of your consumables ever again bc these things are made by underpaid and exploited labourers from China/Bangladesh
Unless all your clothes are fairtrade/ethically made, all your electronics are ethically made etc. aren't you a hypocrite for slamming Ali

Lola123

VIP Member
Ngl when she first moved in I just assumed he had taken his mum’s offer up of finding someone….. because he’s mentioned it before so maybe it was some kind of trial/get to know you phase

sergeantsantiago

Could someone start a thread on Ali Abdaal in Influencers?

I can't make one and I'd be interested in seeing what others make of him.

His channel:

Thanks!

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
Yeah no idea why you'd want to join a start up (known for their dynamic structures, flexibility etc) and then immediately get forced into this horrible corporate stucture.

Please stop reading CEO books Ali.

Jkay

Chatty Member
He has talked about patients in the vaguest of terms. There was one video he did which was a day in the life kind of video but at work and he had a disclaimer at the beginning discussing patient confidentiality and that when he spoke of patients it was as profiles (I think that was the term?). So things like “there was a patient showing signs of X” and obviously no photos or footage of them, just him. Can’t fault him for that. I did wonder how I would feel if I was having a blood test or something and beforehand was told he was filming a video but I wouldn’t be in it, etc.
Exactly.

He's not going to talk about a patient online unless you've got like 2 dicks or something just as rare.

JohnMasters

Cannot wait for the day there is a Netflix documentary about betterhelp, they are awful and there some horrific stories
I've been using BH for a few months and have had no issues with them. Found some cool grandpa-type and I look forward to our weekly discussions. Then again, my therapist criteria were male and middle-aged without all the bipoc tri-racial gender fluid options that other people go for.

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
What makes you think so?

If his dad left I feel like him and his bother would have joked about it at some point.

I think his father passed away when they were very young, and made very little impression on him as a result so that's why he's never mentioned.

Hasanah123

VIP Member
Some Izzy sealey girl from his course is his gf, not sheen. She dipped her toes into the same crap topics on her YouTube channel then realized it's higher ROI to just date the clown himself. Decent looking girl too, although I can't imagine what conversations these two have in the 10% of the time Ali allots her. Guess there's someone for everyone. The weird part of all of this is that Ali lives with his brothers gf. The living arrangements these people get into are just mind boggling.
Oh my!! This is the one that was in his vlog last week I think?