Alfie Deyes #10 Do your futureself a favour and finish something!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair she has to kiss zalfies ass all day...I donā€™t think thereā€™s enough money on the planet for me to be able to do that.
I bet Mark found out how much Holly gets and was so outraged he gets less when he constantly has to act like a dancing monkey, put up Christmas trees in August and have jacket potatoes for his birthday he went to the Daily Mail and spilled šŸ˜…

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Even the minions don't understand why he bought the office space.

Screenshot_20201020-085747_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20201020-085849_YouTube.jpg

Also this hug was sooo awkward. The way Zoe hesitated to hug her own bf. Lol

Couldn't upload a gif so had to upload a video

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I bet Mark found out how much Holly gets and was so outraged he gets less when he constantly has to act like a dancing monkey, put up Christmas trees in August and have jacket potatoes for his birthday he went to the Daily Mail and spilled šŸ˜…
He probably wants a salary pay check too

Reactions: 6
Alfie clearly is lying with implying he's only just allowed to talk about the new office as they bought at the start of the year.

He's so pathetic calling this 4th office a big achievement because it's bought. All about pretending he's a successful buisness man and bragging rather than actually doing anything. The only thing I can remember from the 3rd office is when the guardian made a total fool of him.

Although them making their biggest purchase ever in commercial office space just before covid crashing prices is somewhat amusing. Easy come easy go.

• Heart
Alfie clearly is lying with implying he's only just allowed to talk about the new office as they bought at the start of the year.
Absolutely. Who was stopping him talking about it, his management? Oh wait, he doesn't have management, he directly employs his team - well, they permanently freelance for him. So they didn't stop him.

There is no legal reason why somebody can't talk about a property purchase like this. I'm sure in some situations there are NDAs, but not here. It's all bullshit.

Doesn't he realise YouTube has moved on from all YouTubers have super sick, super savage, secret projects.

• Haha
Absolutely. Who was stopping him talking about it, his management? Oh wait, he doesn't have management, he directly employs his team - well, they permanently freelance for him. So they didn't stop him.

There is no legal reason why somebody can't talk about a property purchase like this. I'm sure in some situations there are NDAs, but not here. It's all bullshit.

Doesn't he realise YouTube has moved on from all YouTubers have super sick, super savage, secret projects.
Exactly no one gives a diddly tit about what office space he buys and IF they do its because they are amused why he needs 3 offices when he and Zoe do duck all 99% of the time.

Comments on the local paper about them, I quite beleive they've lost at least 666k with over paying for something that's probably lost 1/3rd of its value.

Screenshot_2020-10-20-17-21-23-353_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-20-17-20-51-380_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Haha
He is so uncool, Alfie is evolving into the Old Man of Youtube but not in the respected elder statesman sense.

It didnā€™t help I saw his latest attempt to sweep over Tik Tok earlier:

Reactions: 10
Comments on the local paper about them, I quite beleive they've lost at least 666k with over paying for something that's probably lost 1/3rd of its value.

View attachment 281810
View attachment 281811
Buying an office space was stupid in the first place, even without the impact of COVID on commercial property prices. Such a huge unnecessary cost for a business that doesn't need much office space, let alone a permanent office space. And what even does A to Z do, their website is still just a homepage with a list of staff.

Should've stuck to renting offices, it's not like buying a house. There is no need to own because it gives the business flexibility to move premises more easily depending on scale needed etc. All they've done is tie up nearly Ā£2m in an asset that has already lost 1/3 value and will not increase their earnings and not be valued at Ā£1.8m again for many years if at all. Just really poor business decision.

Their business advisor creepy Dave with the creepy grin needs sacking if he advised them this was a good idea.

Reactions: 15
Buying an office space was stupid in the first place, even without the impact of COVID on commercial property prices. Such a huge unnecessary cost for a business that doesn't need much office space, let alone a permanent office space. And what even does A to Z do, their website is still just a homepage with a list of staff.

Should've stuck to renting offices, it's not like buying a house. There is no need to own because it gives the business flexibility to move premises more easily depending on scale needed etc. All they've done is tie up nearly Ā£2m in an asset that has already lost 1/3 value and will not increase their earnings and not be valued at Ā£1.8m again for many years if at all. Just really poor business decision.

Their business advisor creepy Dave with the creepy grin needs sacking if he advised them this was a good idea.
Definitely, such a stupid thing for an online buisness to do. It would have never been a good investment as it's commercial in a well established area.

But their egos probably drove it. The "creatives" want to say they owned and designed their office and didn't rent some identikit managed office. Even though the latter suits them perfectly.

I don't know much about business rates, but I imagine they'll be pretty high for an office of that size. The referb even at a basic level will go into 6 figures.

What has Alfie even done in the last two years? Slapped a typeface on merch and basic ads for mini and Spotify.

Reactions: 11
Definitely, such a stupid thing for an online buisness to do. It would have ever been a good investment as it's commercial in a well established area.

But their egos probably drove it. They wanted to say they owned offices and didn't rent some identikit managed office.

I don't know much about business rates, but I imagine they'll be pretty high for an office of that size. The referb even at a basic level will go into 6 figures.

What has Alfie even done in the last two years? Slapped a typeface on merch and basic ads for mini and Spotify.
Oh god, I hate to think how much they are going to spend on the refurb. That will definitely push the total spend well above Ā£2million. What a waste. Just goes to show they have been able to make way too much money from YouTube and their wider opportunities.

Reactions: 9
Why do they always have to be so over the top with everything?! Sure the new office could do with a little spruce but why do they need to spend so much and make everything so over the top!! They waste so much money itā€™s unreal! Also what are all these businesses he talks about? Do they buy offices so they can feel like they have jobs and go and play make believe that they go to work? I donā€™t get it.
They just seem like they have so much money they just donā€™t know what to waste it on next. Disgusting when so many are struggling these days.

Reactions: 12
They absolutely did not need to purchase such a big space. Most of their employees are freelance with Holly being the only on actually on staff. With how cheap they are there is no way they are planning to scale up and hire more people either. Their company is also not a service agency, it's literally only to manage Zoe and Alfie's brand partnerships and social strategy. Neither of them are even doing much of this right now, pandemic or not. Zoe ended her company of bath products didn't she? The only thing going right now is Future Self which is a colossal waste of time and energy.

Even so- the extra property on their lot that Alfie is using for his gaming and podcast equipment is plenty sufficient for the 10-12 people that work for them. Their employees don't even need to come into the office most days with the type of work they do, regardless of the pandemic. They really bought a whole building just for their management team to make themselves feel more important. They will probably never make back the money they spent on this given the global shift to WFH. It serves them right. I also don't think they are rightfully anticipating the inevitable drop-off in interest in them that's around the bend in the next few years. They are already on a downhill trajectory in terms of viewership and opportunities and it will get worse as they get older. With the way they hoard their wealth this serves them right to be stuck with such a bum investment like this.

Reactions: 17
A little late but a did a lil vom when he placed his camera in the SiCk office and filmed himself walking back in šŸ¤¢

Everything he does is to feed his ego, running a failing merch brand and spending stupid amounts of money to buy an office for him and Zoe to pretend theyā€™re savvy entrepreneurs!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I donā€™t know the address of their new office, but the government has been loosening change of use rules when it comes to planning permission and over development.

Will it actually be refurbed and used as an office or creative space (Iā€™m aware that Youtubers and twitchers, even competitors share space) or converted to rabbit hutch flats?

Alfie could take all the lessons he learned from ā€œliving on Ā£1 for the dayā€ and scream at tenants for his Ā£850/month rent for a studio flat in the middle of an industrial estate.

Reactions: 6
A little late but a did a lil vom when he placed his camera in the SiCk office and filmed himself walking back in šŸ¤¢

Everything he does is to feed his ego, running a failing merch brand and spending stupid amounts of money to buy an office for him and Zoe to pretend theyā€™re savvy entrepreneurs!
I wish once a month we could put Youtubers and influencers in a room where people didn't praise their bs - like a real honest appraisal
Knock their bs ego down a peg

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.