Alexandra Cane

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm just coming out the other side of an eating disorder... I didn't realise how easy it is to slip into, and also how prevalent it is.

Anyone else recovering? I'm on day 3 of just giving in to my hunger signals and eating whatever, whenever. Feeling horrendously sick, bloated and fat. But I haven't had my period in 11 months and I sick of this tit. There's more to life than being a size 4.
I had an ED when I was 16 and then again at 27. I’m 40 now and still weigh myself 3-4 times a day and food is constantly on my mind. I’m not slim atm though, I’m a big size 12. It’s very easy to slip back and become obsessed. I wish you well in your journey x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I had an ED when I was 16 and then again at 27. I’m 40 now and still weigh myself 3-4 times a day and food is constantly on my mind. I’m not slim atm though, I’m a big size 12. It’s very easy to slip back and become obsessed. I wish you well in your journey x
Bless you! ❤Sound very similar to me. I had ED at 14-16 when I would live off a glass of milk and a bowl of carrots every other day and exercise like mad I was naturally slim anyway but all was triggered over a comment of my friend saying a size 8 was fat. I got better but after having my children kept falling into fad diets which would be taken to the extreme and found myself weighing everyday and putting myself in a binge eating gaining lots of weight to then extreme dieting rotation. It was only when my 9 year old daughter started to question me about my eating and asking if she would get fat if she ate something broke my heart. I realised that I needed to stop and try break the cycle. Since February, and in a way the lockdowns have helped I’ve focused more on family cooking and going for walks. I’m now a healthy size 10-12. I don’t think I will ever be free of overthinking it but for now I’m ok.

This is why I really hope Alex uses her platform to spread more awareness around this and addresses that she wasn’t well so these girls that have bought the plan understand that this isn’t the norm and the balance of life/meals out and treats along with healthy eating and exercise you enjoy is the way forward but I won’t hold my breath!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm just coming out the other side of an eating disorder... I didn't realise how easy it is to slip into, and also how prevalent it is.

Anyone else recovering? I'm on day 3 of just giving in to my hunger signals and eating whatever, whenever. Feeling horrendously sick, bloated and fat. But I haven't had my period in 11 months and I sick of this tit. There's more to life than being a size 4.
I’ve been recovering for about 19 years which is a horrible realisation! It’s a battle but it’s 💯 worth it. I can’t say I don’t get instructive thoughts and behaviours popping up but luckily my partner is very supportive and helps me massively, hopefully you have a good support system around you. Good luck ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The admins have been on a deleting spree of people questioning the plan and if it works or not.

I don’t want to post screenshots of any of the girls asking for advice as I feel that’s an invasion of their privacy in a trusted group but this caught my eye and hasn’t been deleted by the mods I know it’s not Alex directly but just some of the dangerous advice in a support group! The poster is slim and has been eating 1400 cals a day plus exercise cardio and Alex’s workouts 2 x a day.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
The admins have been on a deleting spree of people questioning the plan and if it works or not.

I don’t want to post screenshots of any of the girls asking for advice as I feel that’s an invasion of their privacy in a trusted group but this caught my eye and hasn’t been deleted by the mods I know it’s not Alex directly but just some of the dangerous advice in a support group! The poster is slim and has been eating 1400 cals a day plus exercise cardio and Alex’s workouts 2 x a day.
Jeeeze these people are playing with fire and it will seriously mess them up at some point. I underage after having my little boy (i was not even aware how badly until I began tracking to get more nutrition) and its left me with some possible long term things that I am trying to reverse. And I wasn't even doing it knowingly.... This is so so dangerous 😭 these poor people being led astray and then encouraging each other. I'm not trying to take anything away from ED's at all as that's something else entirely... If these people are doing it to get fit because of Alex's influence then that's murky waters and she should be ashamed. SHAME ON YOU ALEX.

Reactions: 9

This is the kind of thing that totally fucked up my relationship with both food and my own body... She needs to be held accountable, even if it wasn't her writing the message, she's giving a platform for these messages to spread and do their damage

• Sad
Reactions: 11
If she’s going to be ‘raw and open’ then she needs to be HONEST about the fact she led others on AND give them back their money they paid for her tit programme! This is so damaging! It’s breaking my heart reading your ED stories and thinking how many others out there following her advice! I’m literally fuming I would be suing her if I was a mother of a young girl who had paid for her programme! I dunno on what grounds but I would find one 😂

Reactions: 17
If she’s going to be ‘raw and open’ then she needs to be HONEST about the fact she led others on AND give them back their money they paid for her tit programme! This is so damaging! It’s breaking my heart reading your ED stories and thinking how many others out there following her advice! I’m literally fuming I would be suing her if I was a mother of a young girl who had paid for her programme! I dunno on what grounds but I would find one 😂
Exactly
She preaches that she's being so raw and open blah blah but she ain't saying tit!!
Absolutely disgusting what she is doing. Those poor young girls who believed her and now she's reverting back and saying she wasn't happy skinny... makes me boil!! 😡😡

• Angry
Reactions: 12
really upset by this. have had big issues with food and body for over ten years now so she couldn't exactly make me any more "disordered" than I already was/am. but i definitely used her happy body page to fuel my own unhealthy plans and thoughts over this past summer (like how her happy body page is full of numbers [eg exact amount of lbs someone has lost in what amount of time etc] -- total eating disorder kryptonite)... and now she says that she essentially has the same issues.. therefore she should be able to understand how someone with a disordered mindset could view and internalise that content (or indeed how they could develop a disordered mindset while following it) and if you can understand it from that perspective ... then there is absolutely no excuse to leave that stuff up on the internet. if she cannot bear the thought of anyone going through what she's gone through, or if she has any morals or sense of responsibility at all, tell me why 2 days ago the happy body page was still posting about f*cking low calorie crisps, and multiple posts about exact numbers of lbs people have lost and stuff. if you really couldn't bear the thought of someone suffering that way, there is no way you'd be able to leave that stuff up on the internet for vulnerable people to see.

soo much else to unpack here and i don't think i'm mentally able to think too much about it or read too much on here but so glad that other people see that it's wrong, and to anyone struggling, i really wish you the best <3

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Omg!!! The person who commented above her ‘courtney pruce’ has 100k followers and is clearly on the beg too. These influencers make me sick!! Absolute BEGS mate, pay for it like the rest of us would with all your hard earned swipe up money
They're all awful. Don't start me on little old Prucey... 😤

Reactions: 4
Her plans are now 50% off, I’m guessing sales aren’t going too well
She got rich from it but the hype around her plan is now completely dead hence why she is now switching up her content been fake to come across as more “relatable” “honest” “real” to try her best to sell her new clothing brand to her audience. It’s cringe

Group member posted a pic of fat vs muscle and was just trying to let people know that just because the scale doesn’t always move etc. Rather than respond. They’ve deleted the post and removed person from the group. If you disagree or question the plan you’re gone!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 10
This is what pissed me off about it. You pay the money realise that actually there is no nutritional info for the eating side of the plan. She tells you to stick to 1200-1400 cals and lower it if need be. So people become impatient as they aren’t loosing or they don’t look like Alex at the end of the plan (which we now know why Alex is so tiny).

There was no mention on sign up of BMR or TDE as an adult i now know I need to eat a minimum set of calories to keep functioning. And the tools are widely available on google. But a lot of people don’t. She should have a trained nutritionalist giving some basic info as a guide alongside the exercise plan. And pointing people in the right direction to find the info about their BMR etc.

Yes no diet will suit everyone but I just feel even labelling it as a diet is wrong. It’s should be healthy balanced meals alongside the workouts! Not starving yourself on 1000 and exercising 3 times a day!

Reactions: 9
Some examples of the fb page, it's a breeding ground for Ed in my eyes
This stuff terrifies me. So so sad. I eat more than 1200 calories for my lunch and dinner combined most days and I still also eat breakfast and snacks. Obviously smaller and less active you are, you need less food. But NO ONE can survive on 1200 calories long term seriously

Reactions: 13
This is for somebody who is not exercising as part of their routine and an absolute minimum to remain healthy.

I haven’t seen the plan myself but by the sounds of it, it’s at least 2 work outs a day.... that would mean they are massively overdoing it with only 1,200 calories to survive on. Is there no governing body to report this to?

Attachments

• Wow
So
This is for somebody who is not exercising as part of their routine and an absolute minimum to remain healthy.

I haven’t seen the plan myself but by the sounds of it, it’s at least 2 work outs a day.... that would mean they are massively overdoing it with only 1,200 calories to survive on. Is there no governing body to report this to?
There is a very real possibility someone may pass out from exercising twice a day on such a restrictive amount of calories!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.