Alex Light

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah, i fully agree that she sends more of the questions to herself - especially the ones about her "thickened" hair and other beauty products and cloths as an excuse to share #aff links
I thought exactly this when she had the question about her hair treatment 🤡 Definitely one she wrote herself.

I have very thin hair too and would do anything to strengthen it but there is no way I am lining Alex's pockets and buying Nioxin. I doubt it makes much difference anyway.

Reactions: 2
it seriously irks me when people ask what mascara she is wearing, or where her dress is from, and she never shares the brand or name of the product, just an #aff link, so that you can't find out what brand it is without clicking the link, and earning her money! it's so rude and manipulative, as there is absolutely no reason she can't state the name and brand of a make-up product alonsigde a link, so people can google it for themselves - but ofc Alex isn't going to miss out on an opportunity to slyly exploit her followers! 👌🏻😡
yes! This is the biggest bit of shithousery from influencers. Alex, and any other influencers reading, you have no innocent explanation for this.

Reactions: 6
They’re terrible for it aren’t they …..”for those asking” nobody is asking 🙄

Reactions: 6
according to Alex, she wants kids but not yet, and as she is getting older, she decided to get fertility tests done, and discovered that she has a "low ovarian reserve" - thus her decision to freeze her eggs and the step-by-step documentation of the progress. she has no intention of becoming pregnant immediately - she is freezing her eggs so she can go thru ivf in the future, because she has the privilege to be able to choose when she wants to become a mother, as it suits her. duck biology, she's so entitled that she is determined to ensure that becoming a mother fits her own timetable! 🤦🏻‍♂️
Completely agree with the whole of your post, but also just had to say that I think a significant number of people never necessarily feel ‘ready’ to have kids or there ‘s no ‘right‘ time. I believe chances of success with IVF still decrease with age, so Alex should be very careful of thinking that she’ll magically get pregnant once x y z are done. At the end of the day you can’t just control nature/biology and it comes across so pig headed that she seems to think otherwise!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She really is an awful person to follow for body positivity/ED recovery.
she can start a video of her old photos when she was in a smaller body with a trigger warning. Yet posts videos like this one with no actual explanation just a load of negative body image sayings, this has no trigger warning at all for somebody who markets themself as body positive.
CCEA35CA-5AE7-4648-93D0-F0161654B36A.png

this Isn’t even a one off. Her favourite throwbacks to things like heat magazine never have warnings, she even posted something once that I had even forgotten about but it put it to the forefront of my mind again, a good 15/20 years later than it’s first time.
yet if anyone pulls her up on this she gives her fave line about how you have to be responsible about what content you yourself view. Which is true, but when you are targeting that market it’s not acceptable

Reactions: 8
Alex with the usual faux ditzy blonde routine - "i DiDn"T KnOw VaSeCtOmiEs CoULd fAiL!" sure, Alex. 👌🏻🙄

genuinely pissed me off thought that someone has shared a confession about how they struggle with purging and body image issues, and Alex has immediately decided they are struggling with bulimia. like, no? this week is literally eating disorder awareness week, yet Alex is happily perpetuating misconceptions, deciding someone is struggling with bulimia based solely on them mentioning that they purge, as though that isn't a symptom of a range of eating disorder diagnoses. 😡

333752729_197778529604696_1227087701937247100_n.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 3
And imagine selling that kind of Primark shite at gold prices on Insta thinking you're a creative genius.
urgh. such bland, generic oversized hoodies and joggers, totally shapeless and not at all flattering. tbh, the ones you can buy in primark at less than half the cost are likely far more comfortable! £50 for a hoodie - you could get at least five identical ones in primark, and likely in a bigger range of colours! the descriptions on her site make it sound as though longline, oversized hoodies with a front pocket and joggers with a drawstring waist and cuffed legs are some kind of new style invention! it's literally just a basic hoodie, with idiots paying £50 to have a teeny tiny "light ldn" label stitched onto the wrist. 🙄🙄

Reactions: 15
I listened to her podcast with Lucy Davis and I’m not sure if anyone’s bought it up but the way Dave is with her is so odd. She can’t say anything without him taking the piss out of her, I’d be exhausted

Wtf? Her latest post is ridiculous. She is implying all those people have eating disorders, but I don't think that's what she actually means... So it makes no sense

Reactions: 2
Wtf? Her latest post is ridiculous. She is implying all those people have eating disorders, but I don't think that's what she actually means... So it makes no sense
and not just that, but she is emphasising that eating disorders impact people of every gender, weight, size, ethnicity etc etc and don't simply apply to the stereotyped perception of the illness - yet obvs could not resist the opportunity to feature a photo of herself at a low weight, perfectly embodying the white, blonde, teenage girl stereotype. pretty hypocritical to claim to be raising awareness of the fact that you can't determine whether someone is suffering from an eating disorder based on their weight/physical appearance, yet not sharing a photo of herself at a healthier weight when she was in the process of recovering, thus sti struggling with an ED but without fitting the "underweight" stereotype, and instead taking full advantage to share yet another low-weight photo which ED charities specifically highlight as a risk and urge people not to share.

urgh. such bland, generic oversized hoodies and joggers, totally shapeless and not at all flattering. tbh, the ones you can buy in primark at less than half the cost are likely far more comfortable! £50 for a hoodie - you could get at least five identical ones in primark, and likely in a bigger range of colours! the descriptions on her site make it sound as though longline, oversized hoodies with a front pocket and joggers with a drawstring waist and cuffed legs are some kind of new style invention! it's literally just a basic hoodie, with idiots paying £50 to have a teeny tiny "light ldn" label stitched onto the wrist. 🙄🙄
I’m ashamed to admit I purchased joggers and a sweatshirt from her first collection - I needed loungewear and got suckered in and liked the colour 🙈 Anyway, they were both returned, the fit was awful - sweatshirt was huge and the joggers were massive around the legs and crotch, but tight on the waist. Won’t make that mistake again!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I’m ashamed to admit I purchased joggers and a sweatshirt from her first collection - I needed loungewear and got suckered in and liked the colour 🙈 Anyway, they were both returned, the fit was awful - sweatshirt was huge and the joggers were massive around the legs and crotch, but tight on the waist. Won’t make that mistake again!
Don't be ashamed, we all had our weak moment with influencers and we learned, that's why we're here now 😅

Reactions: 7
Her latest story about the image that "stuck in her head for a few years"?

Yeah thats literally from the IWD website... on a post called Equality vs Equity. She didn't not know the difference until she looked it up recently (likely today).

I know this because I did the same! I wanted to understand the difference and learn! Why can't she just say "I didn't know what equity meant, so I looked it up and found this great article on the IWD website". Getting tired of her know it all attitude

Reactions: 5
I can't stand influencers who do ads on women's day. This for me is the last straw with her. How is getting a blazer from Tesco advancing the women's cause ? There are SO MANY topics to discuss and raise awareness on yet she decided that selling clothes was the way to go. Confirms that her followers are just money for her and any activism that her page once had is completely gone.

Reactions: 12
Agree. Partnered with a company on IWD that so calls ‘champions women’. So many aspects we could explore here; the factories that manufacture these items for Tesco. Do they specifically champion their female work force?

On a day when she could have really allowed her followers to understand her activism in the forum of IWD and she’s all about the money. (Guarantee also that we’ll never see any of these clothes again… because it’s Tesco. Come on Alex, do you honestly expect us to believe that you clothes shop in Tesco?)

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.