Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

#ad#aff

VIP Member
Exactly this ...yesterday's story with her face f**kin herself whilst messing about with her thin wispy fringe then casually mentioning she might buy a dyson airwrap - which is no change out of 6 or £700. She really is a self absorbed twat.
Can’t wait to watch her try to style her three hairs with the Airwrap.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

#ad#aff

VIP Member
Hi Alex’s management.

I strongly suggest you have words with your client. Yoshe’s been reported multiple times to ASA for not flagging adverts properly, she’s clearly suffering from some sort of mental health break as addressed within this forum. As a result of aforementioned mental health crisis, her messaging is becoming damaging and destructive for those she’s claiming to want to help. I genuinely believe she needs actual, real, medical help right now and it’s worrying that those close to her aren’t helping her seek it.

As for Alex’s bafflement over why someone would previously message her positive comments (as I used to when I first followed her, interestingly I never even got a ‘like’ on the messages let alone a reply) then change how they think and/or feel, it’s because her messaging and her output changed. I followed her at the beginning of the pandemic and found she helped me, her messaging seemed new, fresh and honest. I don’t wish harm onto her, however, it needs to be addressed the harm that’s being done by this sudden, and alarming, rise in her sharing a mass of photos of her during her low weight.
“My management flagged this to me” - how fucking self important is she? She read it herself. She’ll be reading this. Alex, say hi to the ASA from us.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

emily287

Hi Alex’s management.

I strongly suggest you have words with your client. Yoshe’s been reported multiple times to ASA for not flagging adverts properly, she’s clearly suffering from some sort of mental health break as addressed within this forum. As a result of aforementioned mental health crisis, her messaging is becoming damaging and destructive for those she’s claiming to want to help. I genuinely believe she needs actual, real, medical help right now and it’s worrying that those close to her aren’t helping her seek it.

As for Alex’s bafflement over why someone would previously message her positive comments (as I used to when I first followed her, interestingly I never even got a ‘like’ on the messages let alone a reply) then change how they think and/or feel, it’s because her messaging and her output changed. I followed her at the beginning of the pandemic and found she helped me, her messaging seemed new, fresh and honest. I don’t wish harm onto her, however, it needs to be addressed the harm that’s being done by this sudden, and alarming, rise in her sharing a mass of photos of her during her low weight.
Also I understand why it’s easier for influencers to say all of us on tattle are nasty trolls with unhappy lives. I’m not. I can’t speak for everyone else, but I’m really not. I’m university educated, I have a good job, a family and friends who love me. So, why do I come onto this site?
Because I’m unable to have a productive conversation with any influencer (except one who was very receptive) or discussion in the comments about things being problematic, such as sharing problematic photos. I understand that influencers are a grey area. There’s currently very minimal regulation, meaning essentially they can say and do what they like, with little to no consequences. If influencers engaged with their community, listening to both the positive and negative feedback and then made changes based on that (much like many companies and employees do) I doubt Tattle would be so popular. I don’t want to make someone’s life difficult or cause upset, however there’s no where for people to have these conversations.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Riddlemethis

VIP Member
I just had a look for a thread on Alex and I’m shocked it’s not more popular… good for her I suppose. I had unfollowed her because you know she’s a needy moaning attention seeker. I’m going to be re following though to see her handle a baby 😂😂😂😂
I cannot for one second imagine her ever coping with putting something else before herself. Most people that need babied and as much attention as she needs have to be rich enough to pay for a 24/7 nanny, which then still allows them the time they need to be in their own heads making life about them.
She’s acts like a child herself and whines so much, oh my gosh it’s going to be an absolute shit show.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

#ad#aff

VIP Member
I think the problem with being paid fuck loads for doing fuck all is that it affords you the false reality that you’re somehow special and should be treated as such. In a normal 9-5 job if there was a problem you’d expect to be held accountable for it and you’d have to put up with that, but because they sit at home receiving pay cheques and being fawned over by brainless teenagers and companies who are just using them as cash cows they think they’re untouchable and that we should all follow on. I reckon they’re all just super defensive really because they know their “profession” is utter bile and they can’t handle the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

emily287

Also, this is aimed at Alex and/or her management: The reason I came to Tattle with the screenshot of ‘Sorry this triggered you’ is because frankly I was shocked by Alex’s reaction. I opened up and said I was triggered by her images, and her response was essentially nothing, providing no help, not even sending through helplines? I understand ‘I’m an influencer not a mental health professional’ but you can’t pick and choose! In my opinion, Alex showed in that instant she’s not interested in having a productive conversation to protect vulnerable people following.
Having previously worked with various mental health organisations, I know how cautious the NHS, Samaritans, PAPYRUS, BEAT etc are with their wording and their messaging on social media, and you can’t just flippantly post these extremely triggering images at random.
Please I implore you to listen to these messages, Alex is potentially endangering vulnerable adults and that needs to be addressed. Seeing the comments about her latest reel be ignored as she posts ads for bedding and talks about heartless curls shows a lack of empathy for her users. There’s so much help out there, BEAT and Samaritans have some amazingly helpful resources for how to discuss mental health issues and eating disorders online in a safe way that won’t trigger people, I really suggest you read it and take it on board.

• Heart
She's blocking anyone who doesn't agree with her and tries to just give her gentle advice about what she's doing isn't she?
My sister has always been a huge fan of hers, and weirdly, had messaged her a few times to say she's agreed/loved things Alex has said, but no response. Although I don't necessarily agree with my sister (she's younger than I and quite 'influenced') she's an incredibly fragile person who does love social media.
It seems she messaged Alex about her recent stories and got a generic 'manage your own triggers' response.
Which, I think, is the reponse she gave to someone else on here.

So Alex. Fuck you. You fucking conning cunt.

Justdrinkingtea

The thing with the heartless curls that DRIVES ME INSANE, is that there is ZERO preparation for success. She does not even brush her hair to get it to go smoothly around the contraption. Never mind putting a bit of product in like a light oil or a leave in conditioner or even just wetting it!!! There is no true attempt for success! And then she stands looking like a gutted fish in the mirror when it looks terrible 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

mrsbucket

VIP Member
She’s pregnant!
I'm happy for her. I am usually her biggest critic but pregnancy is wonderful news and I genuinely wish her well. I don't find her announcement in poor taste like I did the ✨ egg freezing journey ✨

Having said that I will most definitely unfollow. Being childfree (by choice) I have no interest in what will undoubtedly be some very tedious baby content.

Reactions: 22

AliceInWanderLost

VIP Member
i'm so glad I found this thread. i follow Alex and used to love her posts, but recently, she is sharing more and more posts which include photos of her when she was unwell with her eating disorder and at a much lower weight, which is totally unnecessary. i have anorexia, and i know how much these kind of comparison photos are generally hated amongst the recovery community - and people who unnecessarily post excessive photos of themselves at low weights are often called out for doing so, because it's fuelled by a disordered need for validation, and the need to prove that she was "sick".

i'm not questioning that she used to suffer from an eating disorder, but the constant photos of herself at a lower weight are unnecessary - she can write posts about how weight loss shouldn't be applauded and that gaining weight isn't a failure etc without ensuring she shares images of herself when she was unwell. what does it achieve? she's placing other people at risk of feeling triggered or invalidated - in terms of the fact that the majority of people who suffer from an eating disorder aren't underweight - solely to provide herself with a feeling of validation by "proving" that she was unwell - which is very much a behaviour fuelled by the illness she has supposedly recovered from! it irritates me, because she's doing it more and more frequently, in a way that anyone else with such a huge platform would be criticised for potentially triggering other people - yet she is endlessly praised and applauded by her followers, the majority of whom follow her for her content based around body confidence, seemingly unaware that her photos may be triggering to eating disorder sufferers. she is also reinforcing stereotypes about the illness by implying that people must be at a low weight to be suffering from an eating disorder and that reaching a healthy weight is synonymous with recivery - both of which are such harmful misconceptions. sure, it's important to highlight how harmful it can be place so much importance on weight and size, and reassure people that gaining weight is okay etc - but it's possible to do that without including "before" comparison photos of when she was unwell, next to more recent photos of her at a healthy weight - and while i appreciate that many people won't understand why this is an issue, i guarantee that as someone who struggled from an eating disorder, she knows damn well what she's doing, and that she's placing her more vulnerable followers at risk simply to ensure that everyone is aware that she used to weigh less. totally unnecessary and sadly, it's become more and more regular. it's incredibly disappointing. 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 20

mrsbucket

VIP Member
This is a terrible apology 😆 Thought I'd screenshot before she dirty deletes.

Screenshot_20221129-102125.png

I think she's slightly missed the point here. And is it just me that reads this as "SORRY if you feel triggered. I wouldn't have shared if I knew I was going to get negative feedback and thanks for ruining my pity party with your real life struggle." 🙄

I feel I should add that this message was not sent by me 🤭 incase 'Alexs management' come on here again for a snoop.

I was a big fan of Should I Delete That because Em teaches me a lot and they have great guests. I'm going to have to start giving it a miss because Alex is driving me up the wall with the ditzy persona and that dorky laugh/ snort she puts on. She never has anything insightful to say so she just plays the baffoon to feel like she's adding something. Grow up hun you're 34, if you don't have original contributions to make in this space then just go and do something else instead of dragging it down

Also they were talking on the podcast today about how wrong it is that some people 'troll' content creators, esp. on gossip forums (ie this one) and some influencers are 'victim' to it more than others (dare I say they are talking about Lottie Drynan where the channel thrives 😅) and how ridiculous that is when we should be focusing our anger on the people truly in the wrong like those with political power and ceos of energy companies etc. Some thoughts about this:
1. How do they know that people who vent their frustrations on here don't also do their bit to hold politicians, MPs etc to account? They are assuming that everyone on here is disengaged, apathetic, stupid just because we disagree with the content creators. I, for one, go to protests, have written letters to my MP and volunteer. I'm sure lots of others do the same. You can disagree with more than one thing
2. They were complaining about having more negative comments on their content. Does someone need to tell them that receiving feedback is part of doing a job and more importantly doing a job well. 'normal' jobs involve asking for and acting on feedback so why should they be above it? Yes, it might be worded as 'construcively' on social media as it is at work, but that's what you should expect if your whole job revolves around said social media
3. Alex said followers/ commenters should 'ask themselves why they find something triggering' before going on to express a negative opinion. Well, hun, I'd turn that right back round on you and tell yourself to ask that when you want to immediately backlash against those who express anything other than a wholly praise-based gushy response. Is it because you're insecure and living in fear or becoming outdated as you realise all your content is recycled from other people?
4. They were complaining about reels changing the way people interact with social media and meaning that more people who aren't an obsessed follower engage with their content and write comments. Social media is changing, Old school influences like Alex are becoming increasingly more irrelevant. In any job you need to reskill to stay current. How about trying to change and learn instead of taking it out on other people
Finally. Other people are allowed to disagree with you. Why does Alex always think her viewpoint is the 'correct' one. I agree with her on some things and disagree on others, I should be allowed to express that in the comments. It encourages discussion and debate. If you can't handle it, get another job

Last edited:
  • Heart

Bagpuss7

VIP Member
I think the way she’s treated that girl Charlotte is it ? Is awful surely calling someone out on weight loss is as bad as calling them on weight gain
She didn't call her out on weight loss..that's the whole point ! She called her out on the fact she posted her new money making scheme on boxing day, a time when so many people are feeling vulnerable and struggling with body image and positivity after indulging at Christmas. Perhaps go read Alex's page on Instagram, she's actually one of the good uns amongst a sea of wrong uns like Charlotte Dawson.

charlottie93

Having now been blocked by Alex for reporting her hidden Ad and calling her out on it, i feel like I can freely comment on her.

The message she wants to earn money from at the moment obviously isn't where her head is at or her motives. I'm a UK 14-16, I want someone showing me to love my hip dips, how to love my rib rolls and my non-existent ankles. Not someone telling me to love myself then subtly taking photos with angles and expressions to make myself look thinner.

• Heart

AliceInWanderLost

VIP Member
View attachment 2038133
It’s a museum.. this is what you’re supposed to do??

I do wonder if they even like eachother.
such a weird thing to be irritated about! they're at a museum, but how DARE Dave be interested in reading about the exhibitions, when Alex only went for content and was expecting to spend half an hour in the museum posing for photos and then leave, not be dragged around by her husband who has the AUDACITY to actually be interested in the museum displays. fuck him actually ENJOYING his holiday and not allowing it to be all about Alex.

and why is she whinging anyway? as an independent woman, surely she could leave him to it and go check out a different part of the museum with an exhibition she is more interested in, or go grab a coffe and sit scrolling IG, and meet up with him later! instead, she is clearly sulking and complaining, acting like a bratty toddler to make him feel guilty so that he feels pressured to rush through the museum or just give up and leave. 🙄

Reactions: 19

mrsbucket

VIP Member
This post would be more convincing if she hadn't shared it alongside a photo of herself where her stomach looks flat and she is wearing activewear 🥴

At first glance you could be forgiven for thinking this is a before and after transformation pic. Or is it just me??

Screenshot_20230326-182753.png

Reactions: 19