Aldi & Lidl #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know wth is going on with Aldi and Lidl grapes atm?! I always get red/ black grapes and firstly I had a pack from Aldi which tasted so bad I couldn’t eat them. Then I bought some from Lidl yesterday, and these had the exact same weird taste! They are like overly sweet, but taste horrible with a really weird synthetic flavour!
Yes I've noticed this a lot. Have started dropping by Sainsburys after my Lidl shop as it's on the way home. Their budget grapes (Stamford Street, or something like that) are often £1.49 with a Nectar card and are better.

Reactions: 2
As I’m on a high protein diet post surgery, I am a hiuuuge fan of Aldi’s offerings. 0% fat Greek yog is the bollocks, their choc protein mousses are my nightly pudding and their meat selection is top notch. My child also loves their baby pouches of pureed fruit, even though she’s well past infancy :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 6
Does anyone know wth is going on with Aldi and Lidl grapes atm?! I always get red/ black grapes and firstly I had a pack from Aldi which tasted so bad I couldn’t eat them. Then I bought some from Lidl yesterday, and these had the exact same weird taste! They are like overly sweet, but taste horrible with a really weird synthetic flavour!
My last little lot were ok, but I got some delivered from Tesco yesterday and had to bin them! They tasted weird and made my mouth go all weird and furry. Looked like they were going to be "good" ones as well - nice and big and crisp. These were green ones.

My last little lot were ok, but I got some delivered from Tesco yesterday and had to bin them! They tasted weird and made my mouth go all weird and furry. Looked like they were going to be "good" ones as well - nice and big and crisp. These were green ones.
So weird! Maybe it’s a supply issue!

Went to Lidl earlier, it was close by, and was very impressed by its Christmas options for the size of the shop. Got a couple of meat platters. AKA black pork, I believe. Very excited by those.

My mother's foreign so Lidl and Aldi are the easiest way to keep in touch with that side. Finding good quality lebkuchen and pralines is immense.

Reactions: 4
IMG_9616.jpeg

Ah I’m looking forward to try these!! The l'occitane ones are my absolute favourites but if I can save some pennies I’ll absolutely try these instead!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
If anyone saw a middle aged woman doing a happy dance in the Aldi car park today, it was me. I nipped in for a few essentials and spotted the jumbo dupe of M&S's mountain bar 🥳 Managed to restrict myself to 2 but may go back for more 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I got some chocolate covered Baklava bites from Lidl and they are soooo good!

For anyone who likes Cadbury’s Marvellous Creations, the Aldi ‘Curious Inventions’ dupe is really nice and there’s a white chocolate one too!

Have just repurchased both after trying them the first time. 😍

Reactions: 5
Lidl Favorina mini butterstollen are dangerous! 🤤 Also got a Deluxe range baklava assortment but didn’t rate them sadly.

Reactions: 5
The L'Occitane Almond shower oil is my fave! What's this one like? How does it compare to the real thing?
It’s not like the real thing at all. Not bad for a fiver but personally I’d rather just stick to the real deal as, like you, it’s my favourite!

Reactions: 4
I got the almond scrub and it seems decent

I saw lots of other beauty stuff will be coming back, like the lip oil, perfumes, and other stuff!

IMG_0314.jpeg

Picked this up today. Again, not meant to be in store until Thursday but my store had everything in today. Smells EXACTLY like snow fairy and it was only £1.70!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17