Aldi & Lidl #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I rushed to Lidl this morning for the heated throw...except it doesn't go on sale til Sunday 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ that'll teach me to read the ad properly!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I bought a single heated blanket for one of my children last year from Lidl and it has only worked three times since then.

Approach with care!

Reactions: 5
I rushed to Lidl this morning for the heated throw...except it doesn't go on sale til Sunday 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ that'll teach me to read the ad properly!
Did you get the IKEA style meatballs - they're out today. I can't as I'm confined to my sick bed 😭 and if I asked family/friends to get them for me they would eyeroll. 😟

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I went in today and they had a lot more for their Scandinavian week than advertised, lots of sweets and some savoury snacks and a few more items in the chilled section - cheeses, gingerbread dough and herring I think? Plus the cutest Moomin biscuits!

I went to ours this morning. Most people looking for the Kevin toys. But one lady wanted the double air fryer but they hadn’t got them in so she was phoning her family to get them to try other stores.

Reactions: 1
I'm currently sitting under mine - bought last year - and it's great. You will be toasty come Sunday!

We’ve all done it 😂😂😂😂 on another note my dog has a doggy version on a heated blanket and she loves it. I often put my hands in her bed to warm them up. Pretty sure hers was from amazon.

Reactions: 2
I bought a single heated blanket for one of my children last year from Lidl and it has only worked three times since then.

Approach with care!
Ah no! My current heated throw was a gift from my son a couple of years ago, it was fine for the first year but since then has only worked intermittently...it starts off ok but then seems to overheat. The one on offer in Lidl is Silentnight branded and has a 3 year guarantee, so hopefully will last longer than my current one!

Did you get the IKEA style meatballs - they're out today. I can't as I'm confined to my sick bed 😭 and if I asked family/friends to get them for me they would eyeroll. 😟
I didn't as I have a real aversion to meatballs! (I'm a bit weird about certain foods) so never eat them. How mean that none of your friends/ family would get them for you though :( I would have willingly bought some for a friend in need!

My friend takes me in her car once a month to Aldi so I can stock up on basics like a couple of boxes of soy milk, soap powder, dish wash tabs etc, heavy stuff. Today was our day so I do my usual shop but what a mess it was, the celery was rotting on the shelves along with the Romain lettuce which I always buy. No salmon halves and the fresh fish section was almost empty. I am an Aldi fan but today wasn't good.

• Sad
Plus the cutest Moomin biscuits!
Well now I need to go back tomorrow!! Whereabouts were these in your store? I hope I can find some. Was it a box or a tin or? I tried googling but can’t find anything. I’m obsessed with Moomins lol. I went in today but I forgot all about the Nordic week so just grabbed what I needed and left. One of the staff doing stock was doused in aftershave and I started having a sneezing fit. Embarrassing! 😆

Edit never mind I found a pic!! I hope I can get some!

My friend takes me in her car once a month to Aldi so I can stock up on basics like a couple of boxes of soy milk, soap powder, dish wash tabs etc, heavy stuff. Today was our day so I do my usual shop but what a mess it was, the celery was rotting on the shelves along with the Romain lettuce which I always buy. No salmon halves and the fresh fish section was almost empty. I am an Aldi fan but today wasn't good.
Our Aldi is gross now. It's never had a facelift in about 15 years since it opened and other Aldis that opened more recently have. It's like a jumble sale and the fridges and freezers are always broken and stock levels are terrible. I got excited last week when they got in self checkouts but they're already not working. I went in this morning and they were and just went past now and they were shut.

I wonder if the frenzy about the Kevins has gone, usually in our store there is a sign up saying there will be 2 queues one for people buying Kevins and one for not but there was just one queue this year and there were still plenty of Kevins and other toys. Not before time people losing their tit over toy carrots ffs

• Haha
  • Wow
Went to Aldi for the first time today - what a revelation!
Got myself a teddy Kevin to mark the occasion 😂

• Heart
Well now I need to go back tomorrow!! Whereabouts were these in your store? I hope I can find some. Was it a box or a tin or? I tried googling but can’t find anything. I’m obsessed with Moomins lol. I went in today but I forgot all about the Nordic week so just grabbed what I needed and left. One of the staff doing stock was doused in aftershave and I started having a sneezing fit. Embarrassing! 😆

I saw them in my local on Wednesday evening, just in the 'When it's gone, it's gone' snack aisle! Didn't twig it was for Scandi Week but that makes sense 😅

There’s a newish Aldi I go to that’s in a nice area, so I like to think of it as a posh Aldi. For example there’s no taking empty booze bottles to the till there to get swapped for the real thing. Also when the plans for an Aldi were announced there were hundreds of objections from the locals who presumably would have preferred a Waitrose 🤣🤣

Anyway, usually it’s well stocked and tidy but the other day the shelves were pretty bare and it was a shambles. Don’t know what’s going on there.

• Haha

With all the rest of their themed stuff in mine. Think it was these - https://en.fazer.com/products/fazer-moomin-175-g-biscuit

Does anyone know wth is going on with Aldi and Lidl grapes atm?! I always get red/ black grapes and firstly I had a pack from Aldi which tasted so bad I couldn’t eat them. Then I bought some from Lidl yesterday, and these had the exact same weird taste! They are like overly sweet, but taste horrible with a really weird synthetic flavour!

Does anyone know wth is going on with Aldi and Lidl grapes atm?! I always get red/ black grapes and firstly I had a pack from Aldi which tasted so bad I couldn’t eat them. Then I bought some from Lidl yesterday, and these had the exact same weird taste! They are like overly sweet, but taste horrible with a really weird synthetic flavour!
I’ve noticed this! I usually get the mixed red & green grapes from Aldi and recently, the green ones are fine but the red ones are mushy literally the day I buy them. Going to start just getting green for a while - I prefer those anyway.

Also, I’m a bit annoyed that Aldi don’t stock nectarines, peaches or apricots when they’re not in season. The other supermarkets still have them.

• Angry
Reactions: 2