Aldi & Lidl #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always buy the aldi coconut laundry liquid, comes in a bottle fully recyclable with cap kerb side. It now comes in a much smaller tetra pack - says 85% less plastic but there is no where local to me that recycles these. I get it's probably more environmentally friendly in terms of logistics, but I'm annoyed 😬.

Reactions: 4
I always buy the aldi coconut laundry liquid, comes in a bottle fully recyclable with cap kerb side. It now comes in a much smaller tetra pack - says 85% less plastic but there is no where local to me that recycles these. I get it's probably more environmentally friendly in terms of logistics, but I'm annoyed 😬.
We are lucky that we can recycle tetra packs at the kerbside, but I hate that companies make all these environmental claims, but the onus is still on you to make the effort, often going out of your way to do it! Soft plastics are a massive bugbear of mine for this!

Reactions: 8
Soft plastics are a massive bugbear of mine for this!
My local Aldi and Morrisons used to have a large bin for recycling soft plastics! I loved it but they both got rid of them 😔 I asked about it in Morrisons and was told people kept throwing any old rubbish in there so they stopped providing it.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
We can recycle tetrapaks etc at the kerb, but my parents in the next constituency can't, so I always end up with all theirs too. wish they would just do it everywhere. can't see how mine can be taken but theirs 30 mins away are not. then again, where i used to live they wouldn't take your glass and you had to go to the bottle bank which was even more annoying.

Reactions: 2
Went this evening. There was no lip oils, 2 lip sets so nabbed one. A few foundations and concealers but foundation was to dark for me and I don’t need any concealer. Wanted the colour wow dupe spray but there were only curly hair ones left so didn’t get it. I got some steak with pigs in blanket butter to try.
Oo I didn't see those steaks.

I nabbed the snow fairy dupe and a lip kit. Still upset about the oils 🤣

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have the lidl app? Seems they are doing an advent calendar style treat per day. I got 20% off stollen 🙌.

Couldn't find the steaks with P in B butter but found a Sourdough Festive Pizza - P in B, turkey and cranberry sauce, pork crumbs maple flavoured and lots of cheese, it is quite well topped. £3.99. Tomorrows tea so will report back. Husband had one of the frozen festive pies earlier in the week and said it was ok.
What was good was a Cheese Truckle, Cheddar with black garlic, very moorish so going back tomorrow to stock up. £2.49. Bought 1 each of the smaller ones at 99p and Cheese selection box for £3.99. Won't be here long as husband wanted the selection opened and had a bit of each.
Bought one of the crab tubs @ £3.99 was ok but just like tinned crab, thought it was going to be a mix of white and dark meat but it was a bit deceiving, looked like a tub but had a ring pull top on.
No lip oil here either. :(

Reactions: 3
Has anyone tried the pigs in blankets quiches? They seemed to be doing a roaring trade of them and another quiche, but doesn't mean it's nice though.
I have to provide food for a do and don't want to risk something if it's not nice.
I mean can you imagine the bitching behind my back for the next year if it's vile?🙄

• Haha
They have moved everything round in our branch so sick to death of looking for stuff. Went for the quiche today in the black box and not there and only the cheapie ones (don't like them as they are so undercooked and bland) and none of the P i B ones.
I would talk about you if you gave me cheapie food. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Years ago when we lived in Spain my posh neighbour said he would never shop in Aldi or Lidl - we went to see him a couple of years ago and his pantry was stocked with their brands.

• Haha
Oo I didn't see those steaks.

I nabbed the snow fairy dupe and a lip kit. Still upset about the oils 🤣
Going to try it the steak on Sunday. Tried the lip kit last night, seems nice will try it properly one day 😂. I’m still upset about the colour wow dupe spray, might try a different Aldi at the weekend but not going out my way just for a hairspray.

They have moved everything round in our branch so sick to death of looking for stuff. Went for the quiche today in the black box and not there and only the cheapie ones (don't like them as they are so undercooked and bland) and none of the P i B ones.
I would talk about you if you gave me cheapie food. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Years ago when we lived in Spain my posh neighbour said he would never shop in Aldi or Lidl - we went to see him a couple of years ago and his pantry was stocked with their brands.
I've decided they're going to get chicken/turkey and stuffing sandwiches with NO!!!!! cranberry sauce as I don't want a hex putting on me.🙄🙄🙄
---
Going to try it the steak on Sunday. Tried the lip kit last night, seems nice will try it properly one day 😂. I’m still upset about the colour wow dupe spray, might try a different Aldi at the weekend but not going out my way just for a hairspray.
Don't think I saw that. I got something called Wonder Spray as my hair looks like I've been electrocuted. Not sure what it is, but I saw the words curls and moisturising. I'll need to find small print glasses to read the bottle.

Reactions: 1