Aldi & Lidl #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes Aldi. Oh brilliant! Thank you for letting me know. I might have to treat myself to one of their selection back of minis to try all the flavours.
There’s a selection pack? 🤩 I love the original Ballycastle but the white choc is even nicer in my opinion. The orange one last year was lovely too. Picked up a bottle of the blond Ballycastle the other day as I’d never seem that before, hoping it’s good.

Reactions: 3
Anyone tried the aldi version of disaronno velvet? I’ve got a bottle but trying to put things away for christmas! Not sure how long it’ll last!

There was an advert for three course chewing gum Willy Wonka style in my local aldi today. I wonder theyve got planned with the new wonka film out next month?

Been drinking ALDIs ZX for almost a year now. Love it. But past few weeks I feel it tastes different, anyone else found this? Not enjoying my rum tonight 😂

I fancy this

Anybody tried it and can confirm the nougat density is as shown in the picture?

1699789067567.png

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Found my Christmas dessert (always have a Christmas pudding but like to offer an alternative).
Screenshot_20231112-162142_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I went to a German Lidl this week and omg. I now feel like we're being robbed 😅 So many cool snacks and it was still really cheap too, compared to the UK.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I went to a German Lidl this week and omg. I now feel like we're being robbed 😅 So many cool snacks and it was still really cheap too, compared to the UK.
Our last holiday was a River Cruise in Germany and I had google maps of where all the Lidl and Aldis were on our route and visited lots of them and you are so right, spent more time in them than looking at tourist sites. :) Came back with loads of foods we don't find here alongs with plenty of great wines.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Our last holiday was a River Cruise in Germany and I had google maps of where all the Lidl and Aldis were on our route and visited lots of them and you are so right, spent more time in them than looking at tourist sites. :) Came back with loads of foods we don't find here alongs with plenty of great wines.
I so regret only bringing already stuffed hand luggage 🥺 Managed to sneak a few chocolate bars in but not much else 🥲

Reactions: 1
The whole purpose of foreign travel for me is to come back with my luggage stuffed with delicious foreign things.

Reactions: 4
It's Nordic week in Lidl from Thursday - no you can't buy your very own Viking! 🤭🙄....
but I noticed meatballs in a cream sauce for £1.49 (220g). Wonder if they'll be like Ikea's 🤔

The whole purpose of foreign travel for me is to come back with my luggage stuffed with delicious foreign things.
You are my people.

I've just had a very excited chat with my friend about a supermarket in Croatia we fell in love with and can't wait to revisit next year. 😂
---
It's Nordic week in Lidl from Thursday - no you can't buy your very own Viking! 🤭🙄....
but I noticed meatballs in a cream sauce for £1.49 (220g). Wonder if they'll be like Ikea's 🤔
I could drink Ikea cream sauce.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I love a foreign Aldi!

Reactions: 4
I was over for a concert and it was my first time travelling abroad myself. Should have paid the £25 to take an extra bag honestly with how much I wanted to buy while I was over there 😂

• Heart
Bought a bottle of Chilean Merlot from Lidl last night for £4.29.

Considering that they have to purchase the wine from the supplier, duty of £2.67 (plus VAT on the wholesalers value) per bottle, and then extra VAT of 20% (85p) to bring it to the total cost of £4.29. It makes you wonder how they make any profit off it - when the total cost of (so called legal) Government theft in taxes and duties alone, is over ¾ of the price charged on the shelf.

The wine itself isn't bad for the price.

Last edited: