Aldi & Lidl #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I missing something with the fuss over the wooden stuff, is it just an Instagram faddy thing? My daughter was given some last year for Xmas by her Nana and it's ok but nothing special! Someone on my FB pointed out that John Lewis and Smyths also do nice wooden stuff at a good price.

Reactions: 1
Am I missing something with the fuss over the wooden stuff, is it just an Instagram faddy thing? My daughter was given some last year for Xmas by her Nana and it's ok but nothing special! Someone on my FB pointed out that John Lewis and Smyths also do nice wooden stuff at a good price.
Their range is a lot cheaper and it’s often dupes for more expensive brands like le toy van/little Dutch. I love wooden toys, they last so much longer than plastic tat. I only got a few cars and car ramp but there were people literally stacking upon stacking things in their trolleys and saying that’s their christmas shopping complete which I find mad! I couldn’t just buy all wooden toys for my kid!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Completely different question - has anyone bought Lidl llamabananas recently? I bought some on Saturday and they are still green and inedible...

Crappy photo but what a waste of calories this pie is! Got it as I like Aldi pre-made pastry so thought this would be nice. But this was tit the pastry and filling! Not sure if the top was supposed to be puff but it wasn’t nice a buttery and flakey like there pre rolled packet stuff. The filling was dry with very little sauce it was very bland to with barely any bacon no smoked bacon flavour either. I’d give it a 4/10 as it was edible just not nice would probably have been a 5/10 with gravy.
On a different note are they still stocking the paw paw balm? Couldn’t see any last time I went in and love the stuff as a lip balm. And also the piri piri mayonaise was that just a summer thing as there was non of that either just the bacon mayonaise.

Attachments

A bag of these used to fill one and a half bowls as a sharing bag of crisps. Now it only fills one bowl! Shrinkflation at its finest!

IMG_7321.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I’m so sad, not sure if they’ve been mentioned on here yet but Jaffa flavour teabags from Aldi - I was so excited but they just taste like hot water 😢 I can’t tell if it’s because I’ve just had a brownie though but they don’t even smell of anything!

I’m so sad, not sure if they’ve been mentioned on here yet but Jaffa flavour teabags from Aldi - I was so excited but they just taste like hot water 😢 I can’t tell if it’s because I’ve just had a brownie though but they don’t even smell of anything!
Haven’t tried these but I bought some very berry flavour tea bags from Lidl , they had no flavour 😣 so I’ve been using 2 at a time and they’re not bad - might be worth a go?

Haven’t tried these but I bought some very berry flavour tea bags from Lidl , they had no flavour 😣 so I’ve been using 2 at a time and they’re not bad - might be worth a go?
Ooo good idea, maybe I should try them without milk too. I shall be back at some point with another review 😂

Did you let it brew for long enough? Jaffa cake tea sounds nice, but I don't want to be disappointed.

I didn’t realise Aldi had stopped selling their special buys online for delivery, when did that happen? 😭

Has anyone tried the Speculoos muffin from Lidl special guests? Just grabbed one for later and I’m hoping it’s going to be nice… 🤞 I couldn’t choose between that and the chocolate orange…should have got both. Guess I’m going back tomorrow 😆

I didn’t realise Aldi had stopped selling their special buys online for delivery, when did that happen? 😭
Really disapointed in that but I guess they are trying to get you in store. Not sure when they did it but I did get an email about my account closing so it would have been sometime this year I guess.

• Sad
Has anyone tried the Speculoos muffin from Lidl special guests? Just grabbed one for later and I’m hoping it’s going to be nice… 🤞 I couldn’t choose between that and the chocolate orange…should have got both. Guess I’m going back tomorrow 😆
I think this must have been what my mum brought today. It was actually nice.

Is Ballycastle Aldi? We tried the purple faux baileys over the weekend (hazelnut) and it's so, so good.
Yes Aldi. Oh brilliant! Thank you for letting me know. I might have to treat myself to one of their selection back of minis to try all the flavours.

Reactions: 3
Yes Aldi. Oh brilliant! Thank you for letting me know. I might have to treat myself to one of their selection back of minis to try all the flavours.
I got the salted caramel one last year. I have a sweet tooth, but that one is sickly sweet :sick:

• Sad