Aldi & Lidl #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah i've liked a lot of the lidl dupe ice creams. I got the dupe mars bar ones last month on the freebie thing and couldn't tell the difference

Reactions: 4
Has anyone’s Lidl bakery had some kind of toffee bun in the assorted sweet bun range? Just had one this morning and it was gross. Just icing and bits of chocolate on top but no filling like the lemon or cinnamon ones 👎 not even sure if it was toffee…didn’t taste of much. I can’t find anything online about a new bun flavour or a limited one. Not worth the calories 🤣

Reactions: 1
Has anyone’s Lidl bakery had some kind of toffee bun in the assorted sweet bun range? Just had one this morning and it was gross. Just icing and bits of chocolate on top but no filling like the lemon or cinnamon ones 👎 not even sure if it was toffee…didn’t taste of much. I can’t find anything online about a new bun flavour or a limited one. Not worth the calories 🤣
I picked up one of those last week thinking it was a cinnamon bun. I binned it which is unheard of for me!

Screenshot_20231008-145553.png

Forgot how much I loved these last year! Not even pretending they are going away until Christmas

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve just grabbed this in LIDL for £12.99. A bit finicky to put together but now it’s done, it’s a great little lamp. Good brightness and colour of lighting, not harsh on the eyes (said as someone with light sensitivity!) Perfect for crafting / puzzling / whatever now that the evenings are drawing in 😭 It’s a very good price too compared to what you can get in Hobbycraft for example.
IMG_0245.png

Reactions: 5
I’ve just grabbed this in LIDL for £12.99. A bit finicky to put together but now it’s done, it’s a great little lamp. Good brightness and colour of lighting, not harsh on the eyes (said as someone with light sensitivity!) Perfect for crafting / puzzling / whatever now that the evenings are drawing in 😭 It’s a very good price too compared to what you can get in Hobbycraft for example.
View attachment 2501853
Thank you so much for this. My Lidl is a 20 min bus ride away so don't get there often but this is what I have been looking for so went this afternoon. They had sold out of those but had another one at £16.99 which I bought. My husband has Parkinsons so not good at turning switches on and off but this one had a "swipe over" switch which is ideal for him. He is so pleased with it. Thank you once again.
Didn't have to put this one together plus it has a charger for pad or phone.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This is completely random but I got one of these last year and strapped it to the back support of my desk chair that I use when working from home. When it’s cold I really feel it in my back and tend to tense up and get lots of bad backs and headaches but this totally keeps the chill off my back.
Only thing is to be careful off the wires as I managed to wrap the cord around the base and snap the wires recently so keep checking them for any damage so you don’t electrocute yourself! I’ve just been today to buy another

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Was passing Lidl last night with a friend who wanted to go in and I saw the £13.99 long Gilet, surprised there were any left so bought one and they are brilliant, wish I had time to go back and get another one. Been wearing it indoors this afternoon instead of putting on the heating. They are not thick like the ones in the shops but not too thin either.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Was passing Lidl last night with a friend who wanted to go in and I saw the £13.99 long Gilet, surprised there were any left so bought one and they are brilliant, wish I had time to go back and get another one. Been wearing it indoors this afternoon instead of putting on the heating. They are not thick like the ones in the shops but not too thin either.
I got two of the standard length puffer-jackets, black and cream. The sizing runs a little large as they are dual-size but plenty of room for layers underneath when it’s colder. I love them and with a 20% off coupon they only cost me £12 each! They are a good length, not like all these stupid ‘cropped’ winter coats (madness!) and they have nice cuffs. I’m fairly tall and I usually have an issue with coat sleeves being far too short. I also like that they don’t have a hood. Everything always has a hood. 😂

Reactions: 4
My local Lidl is annoying in this fact that it will introduce an item. Then it vanishes completely and I can't find it anymore. It's happened three times.

They also had a reporter and filming camera at mine last week, so I might appear on the news at the checkout.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Can anyone tell me what LIDL’s ‘takeaway’ range pizza is like? Got a coupon but I usually find pizzas from most shops to be horrid so don’t wanna potentially waste my money.

Can anyone tell me what LIDL’s ‘takeaway’ range pizza is like? Got a coupon but I usually find pizzas from most shops to be horrid so don’t wanna potentially waste my money.
I got one for my teenager and he said it was a bit bland (cheese and tomato). He loved the garlic dip from the same range though.

I have a Lidl near me but last w/e I visited an ALDI in another location. They sell very similar stuff and the layout of the store is very similar but Aldi seems much cleaner. Lidl is overall rather grubby and the baskets could do with a clean.
---
I saw them as well but they are too long for me as I am very short, they would probably be trailing the floor, hope they bring out a short range.
---
I saw them as well but they are too long for me as I am very short, they would probably be trailing the floor, hope they bring out a short range.

I have a Lidl near me but last w/e I visited an ALDI in another location. They sell very similar stuff and the layout of the store is very similar but Aldi seems much cleaner. Lidl is overall rather grubby and the baskets could do with a clean.
---

---

When I bought the first Gilet I had not been in Lidl for ages and I said exactly the same thing to my friend who shops there now and again and she said it has been getting worse lately and thinks they have cut down the staff.
About the Gilet, I am only 5.3 and they fit me to just below my knee. Same friend took me back last night and bought the last one to wear in the house along with one of the jackets which like pecan said are a bit on the larger side but at least I can get my thick Aran jumper under this one. Very pleased with them but think I will be sticking with Aldi for my regular shopping.

Reactions: 2
IMG_2033.jpeg
Picked this up from aldi last night as it had a 30% off sticker. Highly recommend it. Just din’t do what I did a chuck a whole can of coconut milk in it ir it will take ages to reduce down esecially if it’s light coconut milk. 😂😂😂

Does anyone’s aldi still have a good stock of these dolls? I’m really kicking myself for not getting one earlier because when I went back they’d all gone. Going to try my luck elsewhere tomorrow 🤞🏼

71941461985__612EA9C4-2226-451A-AF56-CA2549A8E7F8.jpeg

Just tried the ‘special guest’ triple chocolate blondie from Lidl bakery and it’s so good omg. Even my OH likes it and he doesn’t care much for sweet things! Gonna have to go and get another one over the weekend. How long do they keep the limited bakery items in??

• Wow
  • Heart