Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mamacita

VIP Member
They are really good. I prefer mine to my real one
---
The bronze body oil is my holy grail … I transferred mine into a spray bottle though.
I don't actually like the Dior lip oil so won't bother, it's just an expensive sticky lip gloss to me 😅 but I know lots of people like it

Brilliant idea with using a spray bottle for the body oil, I still have one from last year so going to do that!

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
We had a bbq yesterday and I wanted some token desserts (as they never get touched). However the lidl strawberry swirl cheese cake is very passable for 89p.

So many of my staples missing though. Not seen any Carbonara sauce or the fake mini cheddars for weeks 😒.

rivermonster

VIP Member
Has anyone else’s LIDL completely stopped selling broccoli? Bizarre I know but my local store hasn’t had any heads for weeks. Only tenderstem which is terrible value for money. Baffled 🥴 Obviously I can go to any shop for this but I hate traipsing around multiple places for one item. 😆
When I was in there last week they had loads, double packs and it looked a good colour compared to what I had bought from Aldi the day before.

Lolly505

VIP Member
I just tried one of the cheesecake brownie from Lidl's bakery. Looks like it had a 'When it's gone, it's gone' label so not sure how long they'll be around. It was alright but very soft/squidgy, to the point it felt underbaked 😅

They did something like this randomly at the end of November, I missed most of the days, and they had to be used on the day, so I didn’t bother. Weird because most advents start in December.
Is there an advent calendar thing now on your app ,? I know your in Dub too aren't u ?

We cant even get the nice brownies here 😭😭😭😁

Nixxs

VIP Member
What day does it end? I went to our new one yesterday and didn't get inspired by anything

Picked up the Elemis dupe of the illuminating primer moisturiser yesterday and I must say it’s lovely. Haven’t tried the original but this seems quite moisturising for my combo skin.
I saw that yesterday and didn’t buy. I have the Elemis one and I like it. Would be good to do a comparison.

Popped in Lidl yesterday, quite a few 15p veg, potatoes and carrots already mentioned, but I also got the deluxe shallots and spring onions. I’m sure there were more but insomnia and a frazzled brain are not helping!
I mostly want carrots as my horse eats them and 15p is a bargain. I got some for 50p from morrisons and they where manky the next day (sorry if I've mentioned it here already but I think it was the M&S thread) granted it was only the ends of the smaller carrots but tesco and aldi ones have been much better quality.

rivermonster

VIP Member

Shmoogles

Are they in the bakery section? I didn't see them yesterday, or even a label and empty space...
They had them last week along with one of the theme weeks (not sure which). They're filled with biscoff cream! I'm in Europe though, not UK. 🙂

Carefree

VIP Member
I'm not a white wine fan, Christmas parties of yore, but got gifted an Aldi Chardonnay from Chile. Estevez is its name and it's pleasant.

Lalla

VIP Member
I've never had bags checked in Lidl but tbh it's rare I do a trolley shop in there, it's normally just a basket.

I've never had anyone check my bags; in one of our local Aldis the checkout staff do ask to see the bottom of your trolley under your bags, the other branch doesn't ask anything. So I'm assuming from that it's either manager's discretion or head office direct certain stores with a bigger shoplifting problem to do it.