Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

chickhicks86

VIP Member
I see lots of tiktoks about M&S being cheaper/equivalent price to Aldi. Surely I'm not the only one thinking this is nonsense!
M&S is ok until you go on the M&S thread on here and end up spending £20 on snacks, ready meals and chocolates you've been influenced to buy.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

jumpmoon

VIP Member
Went to Lidl for Iberian week to celebrate my 7% Iberian 23andme result
Gazpacho crisp gettin 8.5/10 very taste this is the food of my people
Also got a wee brownie cos people say they are delicious but he looks very small so idk if it’s gonna blow my head off tbh
My biggest observation was that Lidl have stopped doing the one litre tubs of potato salad?! What the hell?! The ones with either creme fraiche or mayo 😭😭😭 I once ate a whole tub in one sitting whilst playing grand theft auto and hallucinated.
Whoever reccomend the Aldi pretzel chocolate bar though on this thread OH BOY 👌👌👌👌 10/10 thank YOU

• Haha
Reactions: 21

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I'm not sure if they're new or not, but I spotted Pistachio and chocolate ice creams (Magnum style) in Lidl yesterday so had to try them.
Smallish but VERY tasty.
Four in a box. I think they were around £3.
---
I'm too late to edit my post, but just found a picture online.
These ones. Definitely recommend 😋
---
Oh, it did edit!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I get the salt n vinegar “Tiles” which are dupes for square crisps. They’re different but better than the real thing.

Anyway I’ve just opened a bag with double or treble the usual flavouring making them the sharpest tasting salt n vinegar crisps I’ve ever had. They are AMAZING. I’m savouring them because it’ll probably never happen again!

• Wow
  • Heart

Lalla

VIP Member
Someone tell me what happened to the Lidl caramel and biscuit bars? (Fake twixes). They used to be a decent size. Picked up a pack because I hadn’t for ages and they’re half size, like a fun bar. Feeling so disappointed.
I used to buy the Aldi ones (Jive I think they're called). Starting buying them in lockdown for 59p a pack. They're now £1.09 I think (once the price increased over 90p I stopped buying them). They've almost doubled in price in 4 years.
I keep finding this, that either the price goes up, or the size of the product is reduced. Or if you're really unlucky it's both at once - smaller product for more money! :(

(as an aside, I've worn Primark leggings for years, they've always been £2, and then more recently £3. Went in earlier this week, the cheapest pair were £7!)

• Wow

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
I got suckered into the weighted hula hoop in the middle of Lidl this morning. Got home, put it together and instantly remembered that owning it doesn’t mean I can actually hula hoop 😂

• Haha

SharkAttack

VIP Member
I bought the Deluxe Carrot Cake in Lidl today for no reason other than I had a coupon for it and I'm greedy and I just had a slice and OMG it's heaven.

Highly recommend.

1714056695636.png

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
Lidl lime scale remover (bottle not spray) is the best I've ever found. Cheap in comparison too. I mix some up half & half water too in a spray bottle. Bit boring but might interest someone. 🥴

Reactions: 17

SharkAttack

VIP Member
How are you all finding delicious chocolate treats in Lidl? I went today and it was all weird Belgian cheese made from breast milk.*

*I may have made that bit up but wouldn’t be surprised given how appetising they looked.

• Haha

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
IMG_0314.jpeg

Picked this up today. Again, not meant to be in store until Thursday but my store had everything in today. Smells EXACTLY like snow fairy and it was only £1.70!

• Wow
  • Heart

ohdoris

VIP Member
I think it’s scummy behaviour to buy things to inflate the price to sell on Vinted / EBay, especially when there’s a child that would love that item. But I sincerely hope no one is paying £125 for a Bluey chair (which was more like a cushion!) which was originally about £30 !

Reactions: 16

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
My husband has Parkinsons and struggles to eat some foods but absolutely loves these stir in sauces with some easy to eat short pasta. I keep short pasta in the fridge for a few days then stir in one of these sauces.
Posting this here in case this is the problem. I have a relative with Parkinson's and I was told about anti shake cutlery.

• Heart

rivermonster

VIP Member
I’ve just grabbed this in LIDL for £12.99. A bit finicky to put together but now it’s done, it’s a great little lamp. Good brightness and colour of lighting, not harsh on the eyes (said as someone with light sensitivity!) Perfect for crafting / puzzling / whatever now that the evenings are drawing in 😭 It’s a very good price too compared to what you can get in Hobbycraft for example.
View attachment 2501853
Thank you so much for this. My Lidl is a 20 min bus ride away so don't get there often but this is what I have been looking for so went this afternoon. They had sold out of those but had another one at £16.99 which I bought. My husband has Parkinsons so not good at turning switches on and off but this one had a "swipe over" switch which is ideal for him. He is so pleased with it. Thank you once again.
Didn't have to put this one together plus it has a charger for pad or phone.

• Heart

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
IMG_9616.jpeg

Ah I’m looking forward to try these!! The l'occitane ones are my absolute favourites but if I can save some pennies I’ll absolutely try these instead!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15