Aldi & Lidl #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Staff bloke pinched my cheesecake in Lidl earlier - I picked up a New York cheesecake from frozen then went to the vit section and was crouching down to read the label so balanced my cheesecake on the shelf.

He took it. I then went back to the frozen section muttering when I realised to get another 😡

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Staff bloke pinched my cheesecake in Lidl earlier - I picked up a New York cheesecake from frozen then went to the vit section and was crouching down to read the label so balanced my cheesecake on the shelf.

He took it. I then went back to the frozen section muttering when I realised to get another 😡
Maybe he didn't realise it was yours if it was just balanced on the shelf and not in a basket? 🤷‍♀️

I doubt an employee would go out of their way to take items from a customer that had already picked up with intent to purchase and just put them back on their original shelf

Reactions: 7
No he was watching me as I put it on the shelf! The vitamin pills were on the bottom shelf and I put it at eye level on the next shelf up whilst I read the ingredients.

Perhaps he thought I was dumping it?? Never mind, I got my New York cheesecake in the end and delicious it was.

Reactions: 1
They are really good. I prefer mine to my real one
---
The bronze body oil is my holy grail … I transferred mine into a spray bottle though.
I don't actually like the Dior lip oil so won't bother, it's just an expensive sticky lip gloss to me 😅 but I know lots of people like it

Brilliant idea with using a spray bottle for the body oil, I still have one from last year so going to do that!

Guys, these football cakes from Lidl… 👌😍

The football cupcake with the raspberry jam inside and the green pitch doughnut with chocolate… obsessed with them both. 😅

• Heart
  • Wow
Can’t wait to try the new Aldi poke bowls. The Lidl was are very good but Aldi is cheaper.
I looked at them today - £3.99 each - I wouldn't give them house room for that money - sorry. I am maybe a tight arse but I would rather do 3 or 4 packed lunches in a box of my own with some Aldi bits and pieces or some of my own. I hate sweetcorn which appears in every one of these Poke bowls.

Reactions: 6
I'm the same River. On the M&S thread everyone raves about the chicken flatties but I've always looked at them and thought how easy it is to do it myself and not spend that type of money on them.

I never do make my own version though! 😂

Might have nipped into lidl tonight for my free bakery item and came away with the new Victoria sponge muffin and individual banana loaf. Banana loaf didn’t even make it to the car being switched on 🤣. And the muffin wasn’t far behind! Also, has anyone had their luxury yoghurts? The raspberry and passionfruit and the lime and mandarin ones are divine!

Reactions: 4
I'm the same River. On the M&S thread everyone raves about the chicken flatties but I've always looked at them and thought how easy it is to do it myself and not spend that type of money on them.

Not meaning to sound dumb but er how would one make these for themselves?
Asking for a friend....

I'd have to look at them properly and see the ingredients. Might also help if I tasted the real deal once to get the same flavour. :D

I'd have to look at them properly and see the ingredients. Might also help if I tasted the real deal once to get the same flavour. :D
I did the 3 for £12 deal. I'm trying to remember how many chicken pieces per pack - it was either 4 or 6 which covered a large frying pan and was to serve 2 people. I thought it was quite good value considering it was Marks and Spencer....🤔

Reactions: 2

I tend to just whack a seasoning mix on chicken and air fry it as flatties are so expensive for what they are. I got some for £2 on yellow sticker and that is a far more reasonable price than the £5 they are individually or £4 in the offer.

I did the 3 for £12 deal. I'm trying to remember how many chicken pieces per pack - it was either 4 or 6 which covered a large frying pan and was to serve 2 people. I thought it was quite good value considering it was Marks and Spencer....🤔
I got 4 pieces in my last pack but they where smaller pieces so I guess it goes on weight rather than how many pieces you get.

I tend to just whack a seasoning mix on chicken and air fry it as flatties are so expensive for what they are. I got some for £2 on yellow sticker and that is a far more reasonable price than the £5 they are individually or £4 in the offer.
I didn't know what they were until I googled, just flattened chicken breasts in a marinade :) there are loads of recipes out there so just made some different ones and will chop up and freeze to make poke bowls. M and S do a mix of frozen peas, edamame and broad beans which are great to put in the bowls. If you are interested in making a Poke Bowl this has some good ideas. https://www.cookedandloved.com/poke-bowl/

Reactions: 8