Aldi & Lidl #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Picked up the Chilli cheese nacho dip in Aldi - very nice, thank you for the recommendation! Also got the body oil and the eyebrow pen that’s a dupe of the benefit one, i havent tried either yet but they both look good.

Reactions: 2
Their halloumi is lovely, touch of mint in it.
halloumi is supposed to have mint in it, I find it disappointing when you can't notice it! I think lidl's is the best for supermarket halloumi
---
I saw the lidl deluxe yogurts mentioned here, aldi do really nice ones too! more basic flavours like lemon, black cherry, peach but also layered yogurts like mango & vanilla and blueberry & blackcurrant 😋

also found this in aldi recently and it's delicious :love: it's the ones in those little gu style glass pots, there's a plain chocolate one too, and lemon and (i think) passionfruit possets

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I went to Lidi today, to get some more of the jamon crisps….none but had boxes n boxes of the tomatoy ones ….which are ok won’t binge eat them! A trip to another store!

Couple of years ago I got the cooler/air conditioner from Lidl. £160ish? My bedroom gets the Sun full on from 4 until 10pm this time of year. Ok it's not like having a proper air conditioning unit, but it's knocked the temperature down to bearable. I've checked into a hotel with air con before, so this is worth it.
I'll be moaning about the cold next week, obvs.
just to add, it's got a pipe thing that vents the hot air out the window.

Reactions: 4
Really enjoying the Aldi Plant Menu Soft Cheese. Not overwhelmingly garlicky or herbs, much better flavour and texture than some other more expensive brands.

Reactions: 3
Just popped into Lidl on my lunch break and wanted a pair of fake crocs just to wear in the garden and Lidl had some for £5. Perfect I thought except they were either size 5/6 which were too small or 6.5/7.5 which were too big 😤

I’m also sad they don’t appear to do sell the honeycomb ice creams any more.

However I did also leave with some beach shoes for my daughter and short pjs for me so not all was lost 😅 (plus what I originally actually went in for).

@ElektraWintour I think they're a bit short on some ice creams at present, I browsed yesterday to check if gelati strawberries and cream was in as I'm coming up to my £150 spend to get a free one, but no. They'd better sort it out within the next few days!!

Shame about the crocs. They can do some surpringly nice things at times, I got a pair of ballet slippers which I've had compliments on.

They're still short on the range...I gave up and got neopolitana for my ice cream freebie.

On another note my local has the most incredible shelving unit full of cute kitchen items for £1.99 each!