Aldi & Lidl #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off to Lidl soon, just for basics (mushrooms, parsley, green pepper, red pepper flakes). And cake.

Their halloumi is lovely, touch of mint in it.

They have a discount on frozen scampi, is it any good?

Lidi have their Spanish range in. Got a few packets of the gamin crisps…. Just like ruffles ! Might have to get some more!

Reactions: 6
I got their version of Bugle crisps - queso y jamon

Also jars of chickpeas.
Oh are the chickpeas nice?

I tried the Victoria sponge muffin yesterday and recommend 👍

I love the gazpacho for Spanish week and have been dying to try the mandarin and cream choux buns in frozen and they're in, none were stocked last time. There's a huge fan of the fried onion tomato sauce on this thread! It is very nice.

Reactions: 4

I love the gazpacho for Spanish week and have been dying to try the mandarin and cream choux buns in frozen and they're in, none were stocked last time. There's a huge fan of the fried onion tomato sauce on this thread! It is very nice.
The choux buns with the Catalan creme in are delish if they are part of the range this time, I don't think I liked the mandarin ones quite so much.

Reactions: 2

The jars of Spanish chickpeas are much nicer than canned one.
I bought a bottle of Rose from Aldi last week and it was nasty - it has a blue label and says Portugal or Portugese in large letters, holiday looking label. Leave it on the shelf. :)

Last edited:
  • Sad
The jars of Spanish chickpeas are much nicer than canned one.
I bought a bottle of Rose from Aldi last week and it was nasty - it has a blue label and says Portugal or Portugese in large letters, holiday looking label. Leave it on the shelf. :)
Try the chasseaux and fils ones from Aldi…atlantique, la belle or temps de rose

I got 1 packet of them and 2 Jamon! Need to get more when I go In next.
---

Same! Always bring some home.
Am I mad or did they used to be called jamon, jamon? For some reason we always refer to them twice!!

"Let's go get some jamon, jamon from the hyper dino" 😆.

• Haha
Has anyone tried the smash burgers from Aldi? I do not recommend, they were awful and really cheap tasting 🤢🤢

• Wow
Has anyone tried the smash burgers from Aldi? I do not recommend, they were awful and really cheap tasting 🤢🤢
Where these the thin patty type burgers? I agree. Sooo much fat for such a thin burger and actually all I could smell was lamb fat when cooking them, I didn’t eat them though I gave them to my husband and child as they looked too greasy for me!