Aldi & Lidl #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate avocados too @TravellingPants

My godson is allergic to them - I always thought that was the most middle class allergy ever. If I was allergic to them I wouldn’t have found out til my 40s!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
@TravellingPants I got that too but I'm allergic to them!!
Me too! I tried a bit from someone else's plate and my throat immediately closed up 😒
---
Ooh, that sounds like a plan! We're planning on renting a Zipcar this weekend to go to the Costco in Wembley, so I'm sure we can work a stop at Lidl on the way/way back!
They have a parking lot outside too so you'll be well covered. Enjoy! That sounds fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Is there something wrong with Lidl value porridge, porridge eaters? It's just so tough and chewy despite cooking for longer. Might have to throw it out, false economy!

Pleased with the fruity spin wheel today, I got blueberries or raspberries 😋
Aw I didn't even realise they have a fruity spin, I don't usually bother with their spins as it's always a pastry, cheap chocolate or some other unhealthy cheap stuff I can buy for less than a quid 😅 but went on and got strawberries or honeydew melon, happy with that, will try get some strawbs later!

Reactions: 4
Aw I didn't even realise they have a fruity spin, I don't usually bother with their spins as it's always a pastry, cheap chocolate or some other unhealthy cheap stuff I can buy for less than a quid 😅 but went on and got strawberries or honeydew melon, happy with that, will try get some strawbs later!
Absolutely know what you mean, I used to get loads for sweets or sweet snack bars or snacks which I wouldn't eat. Won't say no to a chocolate brownie however...

The fruit wheel is pretty good.

Reactions: 2
Absolutely know what you mean, I used to get loads for sweets or sweet snack bars or snacks which I wouldn't eat. Won't say no to a chocolate brownie however...

The fruit wheel is pretty good.
The chocolate brownie is top tier supermarket brownie. I’ve had much nicer ones but they have been from little cafes and farm shop type places that are freshly baked rather than what I assume has come into store frozen then baked. Also on another positive note the cheese twists are back in my local Lidl. Got the last one last night in the bakery happy hour deal as well as some of the cheese pretzel things which I’m going to use to make a sandwich for lunch. So will give my review later.

Reactions: 5
I decided to make banana splits tonight so picked up strawberry and cream ice cream, chocolate and strawberry sauce and flaked almonds. Shame they don't do crushed pistachios. I have squirty cream in already!

Also wanted hot dogs so got quorn sausages, hot dog rolls and mustard 😋

Not interested in healthy snacks tonight 🤚

• Haha
Had my cheese pretzel rolls for lunch the past two days made them into ham salad sandwich. They are delicious, yesterday I had it fresh, today toasted. They would be amazing toasted and buttered.

Reactions: 6
Has the Aldi nacho chilli cheese dip been mentioned here yet? Not the one they sell on the shelf by the crisps with the salsas in a glass jar, but this one is in the chilled section where the deli bits are.

It's so good! I had to search around for it as there are other dips in the display box it comes in, but it was well worth it - currently dipping crisps into it as a super late lunch 😅 the packaging says that it has mature cheddar cheese, onions and green jalapeños with red chilli puree. I wish it had more of a kick to it, but I'll def be buying it again!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Has the Aldi nacho chilli cheese dip been mentioned here yet? Not the one they sell on the shelf by the crisps with the salsas in a glass jar, but this one is in the chilled section where the deli bits are.

It's so good! I had to search around for it as there are other dips in the display box it comes in, but it was well worth it - currently dipping crisps into it as a super late lunch 😅 the packaging says that it has mature cheddar cheese, onions and green jalapeños with red chilli puree. I wish it had more of a kick to it, but I'll def be buying it again!
I’ve had it, it’s amazing!! 🤤🤤🤤 I’ll need to stock up when I’m next in Aldi.

It's so good I could eat it with a spoon!.

Also enjoying the kiwi lemonade.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
i love the aldi nacho chilli cheese dip!! i'm sure i've had the lidl version as well and it was just as good! very basic but i love it even more when the tortilla chips have been warmed up in the air fryer 😋

I bought the £50 Aldi stick vac on Thursday to replace an Airam K9 which broke a couple of weeks ago and I must say it is brilliant. It picks up so much better than that one did. I don't have pets or kids so not heaps of muck but I can make plenty on the kitchen floor.
Well worth the money and it has a 3 years guarantee.

• Wow
  • Heart
I ventured to Aldi and bought the nacho cheese dip and tortillas. Such bad influences but also got the Aioli with basil pesto topping 🤤

• Heart
I ventured to Aldi and bought the nacho cheese dip and tortillas. Such bad influences but also got the Aioli with basil pesto topping 🤤
It's so good, you won't regret it! And if you do, I'll happily take the nacho dip off your hands 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Be enguarde, @Carefree!

I'm finding the Lidl fruity spin wheel a bit difficult to balance, yesterday free strawberries were 1 day to use but they didn't have the Oaklands free ones in, only full whack Deluxe, so I got the blueberries instead (2 days to use), you can only activate one at a time so I keep a tight eye on it.

Luckily they had the Oaklands strawberries in today. I am not missing out on my freebies if I can help it.

• Haha
Am I late to the party or are the “Suddenly” fragrances from Lidl new? I got the Femelle one the other day as it smelt like a perfume I’ve just run out of! For about £6 too, so good!