Aldi & Lidl #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These are blooming fabulous. Thank you Lidl.
Are they back?! I think I need another bag....
(They go in my DIY munch bags, so some of these, some of the honey roasted cashew/almond mix, pretzel flipz, jelly babies (preferably haribo as they aren't coated in white powder) liquorice all sorts, peach rings)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Lidl Italian week coming up trumps with the milk hazelnut spread and the pistachio cream. Wasn’t expecting to find either in stock!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Are they back?! I think I need another bag....
(They go in my DIY munch bags, so some of these, some of the honey roasted cashew/almond mix, pretzel flipz, jelly babies (preferably haribo as they aren't coated in white powder) liquorice all sorts, peach rings)

I’m definitely going back for more today .

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Our Lidl yesterday still had the Garlic puffs but they were sharing a shelf with the cheese rolls things, so I suspect they are on the way out. My son will be devastated, he loves them!

I saw the chocolate pistachios but baulked at the £2.99 price tag 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’ve popped in to Lidl twice this week for under £10 shops and have won a pineapple and punnet of grapes on my spin to win, I also had my free bakery item for the month. I’ve just been in to collect them and did a small food shop (£19) and have won a net of oranges. My personal offers are also nearly all things I buy regularly. Other shops (I’m looking at you M&S) could learn a lot from Lidl Plus.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I went in to get my free pineapple today (clever Lidl knows I regularly buy it so this was an offer I would appreciate) and picked up some pistachio nougat. Urgh disgusting. Far too sweet and no real flavour. Avoid.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I’ve just had to make a return trip to Lidl to buy all the hazelnut spread I could hold (eight pots, it turns out) after my teenagers pleaded with me.

I bought one pot to try yesterday and it last approx 5 minutes - even I dug in with a spoon and it was incredible. Like the inside of Kinder Bueno. If you know the Piedmont hazelnut speed M&S does for about seven quid a pot, this is the exact same in less snazzy packaging.

Anyone going there before Italian week is out owes it to themselves to buy some. You will not regret it.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
That hazelnut spread sounds amazing!! So, because Lidl shut down the one closest to me, I've just gone to check the Sunday opening hours of the location that's a little out of the way, but still kind of close, and apparently they shut down that one earlier this year! Why do you hate NW London, Lidl?? 😅

I'll have to carry on living vicariously through all of your purchases!

• Haha
I love Italian week at Lidl! Managed to pick up our go tos - taralli, amarena cherries and orecchiette pasta. Also saw they had banana gelato which is my absolute dream so bought that and will report back 🤣

That hazelnut spread sounds amazing!! So, because Lidl shut down the one closest to me, I've just gone to check the Sunday opening hours of the location that's a little out of the way, but still kind of close, and apparently they shut down that one earlier this year! Why do you hate NW London, Lidl?? 😅

I'll have to carry on living vicariously through all of your purchases!
Is that the Camden one? If so, I was gutted! The Pets at Home branch nearby followed by a visit was perfection. The Greggs has also gone without an even by your leave. Rude.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Is that the Camden one? If so, I was gutted! The Pets at Home branch nearby followed by a visit was perfection. The Greggs has also gone without an even by your leave. Rude.
Yes! The Camden one is now a B&Q but there was one in Kentish Town closed this year. I only really went to the Camden Lidl if I was going to Argos, as there's not much down that end of the high street to be honest, so maybe I'm the one to blame for it closing 😅

• Haha
Italian week delivered! I got the pistachio spread, hazelnut creme, limoncello gelato and raspberry cheesecake gelato. All absolutely incredible. And I’m due a free punnet of strawberries or melon on my Lidl plus app so it was a good shop. I also got a cheesecake brownie but wasn’t impressed but the positives far outweighed the one negative

Reactions: 7
Yes! The Camden one is now a B&Q but there was one in Kentish Town closed this year. I only really went to the Camden Lidl if I was going to Argos, as there's not much down that end of the high street to be honest, so maybe I'm the one to blame for it closing 😅
I never knew there was a branch in Kentish Town which is probably telling in itself. I remember when Camden Palace was the only reason to visit that end of the high street. The Cricklewood branch of Lidl is worth a look, if you can get up there. It seems to always have its special stock in longer than most.

Is there something wrong with Lidl value porridge, porridge eaters? It's just so tough and chewy despite cooking for longer. Might have to throw it out, false economy!

Pleased with the fruity spin wheel today, I got blueberries or raspberries 😋

Reactions: 2
I’m disappointed in my spin, got the wonderful choice of either 4 ripen at home avocados or one ripe one… as someone who has never once bought a single one of these slimy evil beasts.

I have got people round for a bit of a picky tea situation on Sunday so maybe I’ll make a bowl of guac because I seem to be in the minority with my hatred. Hate to let a freebie go to waste even more!

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I never knew there was a branch in Kentish Town which is probably telling in itself. I remember when Camden Palace was the only reason to visit that end of the high street. The Cricklewood branch of Lidl is worth a look, if you can get up there. It seems to always have its special stock in longer than most.
Ooh, that sounds like a plan! We're planning on renting a Zipcar this weekend to go to the Costco in Wembley, so I'm sure we can work a stop at Lidl on the way/way back!