Aldi & Lidl #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who has tried the chocolate orange rocky road bites in aldi? Omggggg incredible
---
Also I’m interested to hear if anyone tried the knock off l’ocitaine almond oil bath range in aldi? Nearly bought it last week but seemed a bit pricey (although nowhere as dear as the real deal)
I posted on here last week about the almond oil dupes - they’re ok but nothing like the real stuff. The exfoliator better than the oil. I absolutely love the l’ocitaine stuff so it’s not a swap for me!

Reactions: 4
Hating the special buys no longer being online, usually get a lot more Christmas presents from there but ended up elsewhere this year
It's awful how much it's affected my spending. I don't live near a big Aldi, don't drive, and don't have lots of money, but the deliveries meant I could get bits and not miss out, especially the pets and beauty ones. Now I don't even bother with the newsletters or the site.

IMG_2286.jpeg
These are the pigs in blankets steaks. I think they were a fiver if it was the correct label underneath. The steak was really nice.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Am sure this has been posted, but everything is halfprice in the middle of Lidl currently.

I bought a lamp, massive light up hanging ball Christmas decoration, couple of presents for my sons (one being the boot buddy I was trying to get the other day), some Christmas patterned wooly leggings to keep me warm in the Arctic conditions in my house, and a little tealight holder. All for under £30!

Reactions: 7
Am sure this has been posted, but everything is halfprice in the middle of Lidl currently.

I bought a lamp, massive light up hanging ball Christmas decoration, couple of presents for my sons (one being the boot buddy I was trying to get the other day), some Christmas patterned wooly leggings to keep me warm in the Arctic conditions in my house, and a little tealight holder. All for under £30!
Oh yes! I knew there was something I needed to mention. I think it said from the 4th to the 8th of December.

Reactions: 1
I actually can't find this on my app.. I'm in Dublin... maybe they don't do it here ..
They did something like this randomly at the end of November, I missed most of the days, and they had to be used on the day, so I didn’t bother. Weird because most advents start in December.

• Heart
They did something like this randomly at the end of November, I missed most of the days, and they had to be used on the day, so I didn’t bother. Weird because most advents start in December.
Is there an advent calendar thing now on your app ,? I know your in Dub too aren't u ?

We cant even get the nice brownies here 😭😭😭😁

I got a few bits today! Jersey bed sheets that we all use anyway, a book I was looking at for my son, rechargeable batteries in anticipation of the Christmas toys and a hot water bottle!

Is there an advent calendar thing now on your app ,? I know your in Dub too aren't u ?

We cant even get the nice brownies here 😭😭😭😁
😂😂 I am, and they had it a couple of weeks ago randomly and I didn’t see it till the end but never used. Everything had to be used within the day it was given. And didn’t carry over - basically had a time limit and then was gone. None now on the app - still wondering why they did it so early over here. It wasn’t even December yet.

• Heart
Does anyone know wth is going on with Aldi and Lidl grapes atm?! I always get red/ black grapes and firstly I had a pack from Aldi which tasted so bad I couldn’t eat them. Then I bought some from Lidl yesterday, and these had the exact same weird taste! They are like overly sweet, but taste horrible with a really weird synthetic flavour!
I go to M&S for grapes, they are the best, I’d rather pay more and at least eat them, Aldi and Lidl I’ve had to chuck away. Aldi I love but, I’m so over the fact the specials just sell out so fast. It just puts me off.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
All the almond stuff is 50% off in my local aldi now.

No christmas pizzas left today so I need to hunt some more down! Tried the cinnamon butter knots after seeing them on this thread and omg 🤤

Has anybody seen the mini individual marzipan bars in either Aldi or Lidl? Like these from Lakeland but cheaper.
For some unknown reason my dad has decided that he no longer likes the usual log style but he did like the mini ones that I got from Lidl last year. Went to get them today and there wasn’t any in my local branch.
Although I did pick up some half price slippers and a cheese bake thing which looks delicious so it wasn’t a wasted journey

Attachments

Has anybody seen the mini individual marzipan bars in either Aldi or Lidl? Like these from Lakeland but cheaper.
For some unknown reason my dad has decided that he no longer likes the usual log style but he did like the mini ones that I got from Lidl last year. Went to get them today and there wasn’t any in my local branch.
Although I did pick up some half price slippers and a cheese bake thing which looks delicious so it wasn’t a wasted journey
No I've not seen them this year, I normally hoard them when they are half price after Christmas. I'm a huge marzipan fan. 😋 I got some marzipan ice cream Christmas trees from Lidl last week, they are very good! Tried to get some more but they've only got apple sorbet stars left now 😡

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I've seen them in lidl, they're the same price as the log