Aldi and Lidl #3 Before you ask, the name of the Whispering Angel dupe is Ventoux Rose!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TK Maxx always have the larger tubes of Dr Paw Paw for £2.99, I will definitely pick up one of the Aldi dupes if I see them in my local store.

7B20BEBE-6A6A-4CB8-AAA2-473AF761D861.jpeg
9715072B-EAEC-433B-9486-6B70133C8487.jpeg

A few new bits I got from Aldi! Peri peri chips 😍 Excited to try the Dermologica dupe eye cream & Drunk Elephant dupe moisturiser!

Reactions: 9
I reminded myself today why we only buy the likes of fruit, veg, milk, wine, frozen berries & bread (malted bloomer :love: ) in Lidl.
Tried this tonight, absolutely disgusting, the 'meatballs' tasted like they were months old.
In fact the whole meal tasted weird.
It looked nothing like the photo on the packaging.
20211022_180518.jpg

Aldi do things like this so much better.
Sorry Lidl

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I reminded myself today why we only buy the likes of fruit, veg, milk, wine, frozen berries & bread (malted bloomer :love: ) in Lidl.
Tried this tonight, absolutely disgusting, the 'meatballs' tasted like they were months old.
In fact the whole meal tasted weird.
It looked nothing like the photo on the packaging.
View attachment 823481
Aldi do things like this so much better.
Sorry Lidl
Iv had this before and I couldn’t eat it all, I bought it reduced and thought it had slightly gone off but it must just be a bad meal!

Reactions: 1
Iv had this before and I couldn’t eat it all, I bought it reduced and thought it had slightly gone off but it must just be a bad meal!
Totally agree.
It's just honking.
I'm really not a fan of Lidl's meals & their meat products.
Aldi knock them for six

Reactions: 2
Long shot but has anyone bought Quorn pieces from Lidl recently? I'm desperate for fajitas tonight and thought I had some in but evidently not. I can never remember if Lidl stock Quorn - I know Aldi does but I cba walking that far😅

Long shot but has anyone bought Quorn pieces from Lidl recently? I'm desperate for fajitas tonight and thought I had some in but evidently not. I can never remember if Lidl stock Quorn - I know Aldi does but I cba walking that far😅
Lidl stock them too, they Linda McCartney and quorn products 🙂

Ok I'll be holding you accountable if I walk down in the horrible Manchester wind to be greeted with a Quornless freezer 😂
Oh no 😂 well I live in the north of Scotland so if we have them in our Lidl I’m sure a Manchester Lidl will have them 🤣

Just been to Aldi and they are selling the Lacura Advent Calendar in store on Thursday 28th October - £54.99 Online from tomorrow.
They have lots of kids ones also from Thursday.

• Heart
Just came to say I went to aldi for the first time today and was expecting big things from this thread and I really didn’t enjoy the experience 😅😅 came out with basically no dinners 😅😅

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Just came to say I went to aldi for the first time today and was expecting big things from this thread and I really didn’t enjoy the experience 😅😅 came out with basically no dinners 😅😅
Saturday afternoon is probably a bad time to go to be honest. It's annoyingly busy, but also a lot of stuff is sold out by then :( Give it another go on a Monday or Tuesday morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Saturday afternoon is probably a bad time to go to be honest. It's annoyingly busy, but also a lot of stuff is sold out by then :( Give it another go on a Monday or Tuesday morning.
Okay I’m going to give it one more go just cos I’ve seen you speak about it a lot 😅 I couldn’t find any vegetarian food either which pissed me off. I’m sure it was there but the whole experience was overwhelming I just kinda got out of there 🤣

• Heart
Has anyone seen in their aldi the face creams that are normally about £6.99? Ours hasn’t had them in for weeks now and wasn’t sure if they are either just selling out, been discontinued or some sort of shortage.

Okay I’m going to give it one more go just cos I’ve seen you speak about it a lot 😅 I couldn’t find any vegetarian food either which pissed me off. I’m sure it was there but the whole experience was overwhelming I just kinda got out of there 🤣
They're definitely pretty good for veggie stuff. I'm not a veggie myself, but my neighbour is and I know she does most of her shopping there (we keep bumping into each other there 😂)
Have a look here and it'll show you what they stock, so you can get a good idea of what you'd like to buy when you get there :)

Has anyone seen in their aldi the face creams that are normally about £6.99? Ours hasn’t had them in for weeks now and wasn’t sure if they are either just selling out, been discontinued or some sort of shortage.
The Caviar ones? I've just had a look and they don't seem to be showing on the website at the moment, and I had the night cream on next week's shopping list because my current one is almost gone :(

I never go to any supermarket on Saturday way too busy.
I don't if I can help it, but I suppose everyone has different working days etc. I try to do it early in the week but my husband has done it the last few times, although as I mentioned in the other thread, it always seems to cost more when he does it 😂

• Haha
I think Aldi can take a bit of getting used to. It did for me as everything looks different in there from the regular branded stuff but once you get used to it you realise they have pretty much everything. I do a full shop in there most weeks now with no problems - I'm a vegetarian btw!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.