Adverts you hate #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can somebody explain the plus net ad? With the hoover, I don’t get it
This one?

The voiceover says at the end “No fluff” So presumably it’s just illustrating that their broadband is straight forward and simple and you don’t have to get through all the excess extras to get to the bit you want. You don’t have to go to all that effort (in this case vacuuming off the fluff) to get what you want. It’s already “fluff” free

(that is just my interpretation and may not be the view of the company)

Reactions: 3
The M&S one talking about healthy eating, lots of veg, no fat inducing foods.
Is this the same company that had the proud look at me I’m fat Dawn French advertising sugar laden indulgent puddings with cream and salted caramel at Christmas?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This one?

The voiceover says at the end “No fluff” So presumably it’s just illustrating that their broadband is straight forward and simple and you don’t have to get through all the excess extras to get to the bit you want. You don’t have to go to all that effort (in this case vacuuming off the fluff) to get what you want. It’s already “fluff” free

(that is just my interpretation and may not be the view of the company)
Thank(space)you

Reactions: 1
Yeah. You can get compilations of them to buy. I have a couple.

The evolean ones going to bug me now.

I'm into 70's/80's weird telly.
You'll be pleased to know Talking Pictures are running the Thunderbirds series in September . Woo hoo!
I can't wait 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just saw that for the first time. I cannot work out the point of the advert other than it perfectly sums up how people walk down the street staring at their hands missing everything around them. It almost upsets me when I see mums or dads doing it while their other hand is on a pushchair. I don't have kids, don't want them and don't see the point of them, but if you do have a child, at least look at them while you walk them. You're missing things staring at a screen, even if it's only a smile or a funny sneeze.

Reactions: 4
One of the Nationwide adverts where they're filming "everyday people" having "every conversations" about saving money etc..
Two women are sat on a bench and one says "I'm the queen of the reduced section" in the most wooden way.
She mentions buying something she's never seen before called "bacon-aise" and because it's SUCH a realistic advert she stumbled over the pronunciation..."bay-bay-bacon-AISE??" Absolutely dreadful.
Also, if you're watching the pennies so much, why would you buy something you've never heard of or need at the supermarket 🤬🤬
Late to the party but was this Jack Monroe advertising her vegan(ish( cook book and scamming the well meaning for donations when she actually lives to a much greater standard financially than they do?
Sounds very much like it ❤
---
I read or someone told me the guy who died wanted ‘Fire’ went ⚰ behind curtains.
You would be surprised what people choose. A lot of people choose something uplifting and amusing for the last song, so people leave the ceremony with a smile and a happy memory in celebration of their life ❤

Definitely not this girl is on fiiiiiirrrrreeee though, hate that song after weeks of the poxy lloyds advert 🐎🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🌡🌡🌡

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I've just seen the Robinson' squash ad for the first time. The one where the choir are supposedly gargling the stuff, whilst singing. What on earth makes the advertising firms think, that this is in any way appealing? I think I've been put of Robinsins for life.

Reactions: 6
Probably being mega over sensitive but I don't like the Ocado one where people are on their phones ordering things.
The bit where the man is at the art class drawing a nude man and on his phone he orders 'cocktail sausages' ie tiny sausages.
Just in this day and age it just feels a bit off. Like if it was a woman and he ordered 'big leg of ham' or 'small baps'.

Reactions: 12
The boxd (?) boiler thingy ad.
A patronising silver fox purrs on about not having to worry about energy bills.
Why? is he going to pay the fuckers for me?
If you change channels there's the same ad but with a patronising woman doing the voice over instead.
They've got every base covered in the being patronising game!

That bleeping Google Pixel advert is driving me mental. It is on constantly and I have a horrible cringe reaction when she says about saying it with her chest. On Mumsnet it is one of their sayings when they are bollocking someone for not standing up for themselves, "Use your words OP, just stand up to your MIL and tell her to duck off, say it with your chest OP!" :sick:
Mumsnet are cunts, the people that okayed that ad are cunts and the bleeping rapper/singer is a bleep!!

Reactions: 5
That bleeping Google Pixel advert is driving me mental. It is on constantly and I have a horrible cringe reaction when she says about saying it with her chest. On Mumsnet it is one of their sayings when they are bollocking someone for not standing up for themselves, "Use your words OP, just stand up to your MIL and tell her to duck off, say it with your chest OP!" :sick:
Mumsnet are cunts, the people that okayed that ad are cunts and the bleeping rapper/singer is a bleep!!
That’s why they are banned from here.

Ads for teenage mutant ninja turtles film.
If there not in oddly formed foam suits eating pizza with a cracked out roland rat, I don't want it!!!

• Haha
Technically not an advert but I hate how continuity announcers act like they're your best friend and push this forced jollity. When did that become a thing?I don't care what your name is, I don't care what you're having for tea. Just say what's on next and shut up.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Can someone please help me understand the significance of the goat in the Lynx advert?
Does it make you smell goaty or what?
I thought it was a reference to being the G.O.A.T., the Greatest of All Time? It’s the only logical explanation my brain could come up with.

That bleeping pet insurance advert, I think it is for More than? That bloke going about saying " Sosidge" and it turns out he is saying it to his dog, but you don't see the dog till the end and it just looks like he is going around saying sausage for no reason.

bleeping annoying!

Reactions: 12
Something inside of me dies a little bit whenever the natalie portman dior perfume ad comes on.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.