Adverts you hate #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Years ago I got a book from the library sale for about 10p that was a novelisation of those adverts. I read it on holiday and it was bloody awful.
Blaat from the past! I got that in WH Smith's in Euston station!! "Love over gold"😳 was sooooo bad but I had a little crush on Tony Head, was the woman in the ad trevor eve's wife??

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She was married to Trevor Eve off Shoestring IRL.

He's an accomplished Shakesperian actor actor IIRC but Shoestring is the only bit I'm interested in.

Whào else remembers when the beeb used little filler programmes when they had a gap, stuff like those scary "Charlie Sez" or the even scarier Rolf Harris ones?

I recall one that was shown in the afternoons usually, it was called "Evoleon" or something like that, a strange science fiction sort of place with odd art installations and weird Dr. Who twinkly music- or am I just mad? :p

Yeah. You can get compilations of them to buy. I have a couple.

The evolean ones going to bug me now.

I'm into 70's/80's weird telly.

Reactions: 3
Yeah. You can get compilations of them to buy. I have a couple.

The evolean ones going to bug me now.

I'm into 70's/80's weird telly.
The joke is that we have thousands of bloody channels now with absolutely duck ALL on worth watching!! We end up watching the Sweeney!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'd say Talking Pictures TV but the advertising on that is particulalry brutal which takes us back to where we started!

Whào else remembers when the beeb used little filler programmes when they had a gap, stuff like those scary "Charlie Sez" or the even scarier Rolf Harris ones?

I recall one that was shown in the afternoons usually, it was called "Evoleon" or something like that, a strange science fiction sort of place with odd art installations and weird Dr. Who twinkly music- or am I just mad? :p
My absolute favourite was Murun Buchstansangur on C4. It was amazing

Reactions: 1
It all puts me in mind of an old Pink Floyd lyric.

"I've got 300 channels of tit on the TV to choose from"

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.