Adverts you hate #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something inside of me dies a little bit whenever the natalie portman dior perfume ad comes on.
Yes it comes over as "Indulge me while I cycle in an out of moods from enforced hilarity to petulant irritation"

Mine is those two men on the Verisure advert. Particularly the one with crossed over giraffe legs🤮 so smug and pathetic. You can imagine him driving his wife mad, checking doors & windows so it takes ages to get out of the house.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
ALL Verisure's ads are appalling though; What gets my goat with that particular one is that smug plank sitting there banging-on about how Verisure switched on the Zero-Vision camera and the burglars "ran away!!!", him smirking like its an achievement or something!
FGS you may very well have a couple of nice portraits of the criminals caught in the act but that means bugger-all when it comes to the police nicking them!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Me too. I have to switch them off. The donkey ones are so heartbreaking yet you would have no money left if you get sucked into their pleas.
We’d all be broke wouldn’t we?..just really breaks me up,Yes,Donkey ones,although I have lots of friends that have been to donkey sanctuary.Our lovely @Rita Chevrolet on here has a beautiful donkey.☺Plus piggies,chickens,two geese that are protectors 🤣also horny Mike the goat.🤣🤣Her geese are like the Krays.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I was just thinking about the animal cruelty ads the other day. Basically I turn off the tv when I see one. Don't think I've ever seen one till the end TBH,
How is that working effectively to get a message across/ask for money?
As I keep saying advertising content is now out of control. They don't work either.
Industry will say they work but I reckon any data they use to back this up will be intentionally skewed in their favour and not an accurate reflection IMHO.

Reactions: 4
I do all I can for animals, hence why I have a collection of rescues - People? NAH! Those bastards at FB are forever shutting me down because I commit heinous crimes like cross-posting too many dogs needing homes, I mean if I choose to spend my time putting these animals-in-need onto appropriate sites then thats up to me surely? Apparently not - Big Bro at FB HQ shuts me down to which I am currently halfway through another week's "ban" for this hideous hate-crime FFS.
Their petty actions are not going to stop me because actually when they "ban" me I don't even use their poxy system so HA! 🖕 😇
Oh and some of the ads FB decide I need to see are totally shite as well!

Reactions: 8
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this one, but I showed it to the grandkids & now I have to put it on every time they visit 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Has anyone noticed they are still showing that ancient ad from the 1990s for Fairy Liquid, the kid moaning about how he can't have the bottle to make a spaceship because "Theres still loads left.........................."? That kid is probably a dad himself by now LOL
Surely Fairy are not so skint that they are recycling ancient adverts now?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Has anyone noticed they are still showing that ancient ad from the 1990s for Fairy Liquid, the kid moaning about how he can't have the bottle to make a spaceship because "Theres still loads left.........................."? That kid is probably a dad himself by now LOL
Surely Fairy are not so skint that they are recycling ancient adverts now?
It's not the original one though- it's from 2015 so still pretty old! The kid would be about 16 now- bet he cringes when it comes on lol

Reactions: 6
Bet he's not told his mates thats him stomping around the kitchen with a flaming backpack, whingeing about a Fairy Liquid bottle! Thats his Street Cred down the Swannee!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Possibly controversial, but the o2 advert with Lizzo's "Where the hell my phone" song is so annoying!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.