Adults colouring

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I could have a million pencils an still want more πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I've looked at getting one of those books that you can use to swatch, it also has a section where you can do colour combinations which I like, sometimes when you find a good colour combo for hair or skin etc it's nice to know what pencils it was you used

Reactions: 2
Thank you, it might turn out okay. I think I should have probably planned colours better.

haha I don’t know if I have the patience to swatch to that degree.

we always covet more pencils πŸ˜‚
I know I'm a teensy tiny bit extreme with the swatchesπŸ‚πŸ§—β€β™€οΈ ;) :ROFLMAO:

I have a small problem with stuff like that. definitely more thorough than I possibly need to be πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ :ROFLMAO: It's useful to do at least one box of each colour for easy to pick out-ness I find and it's the saturated box I look for most... don't know why I bothered with the rest really but I know I would have lain awake at night for not doing the others :ROFLMAO:

I could have a million pencils an still want more πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I've looked at getting one of those books that you can use to swatch, it also has a section where you can do colour combinations which I like, sometimes when you find a good colour combo for hair or skin etc it's nice to know what pencils it was you used
*whispers* I may also have a list of combos that look good and pens used for my markers on top of the swatches for the pencils.... 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I had the energy to do this tonight so glad i did! Cant wait to do lots more colouring in the new year!
Oohh very nice, really like that one ☺

Hoping I will be in a fit state tomorrow to try day one of my 30 days of creativity, if I do it each day then it should be my very first book I've ever completed lol

Reactions: 1
Oohh very nice, really like that one ☺

Hoping I will be in a fit state tomorrow to try day one of my 30 days of creativity, if I do it each day then it should be my very first book I've ever completed lol

Thank you! Its the one ive wanted to do for ages just for the new year the rest of the book is with my christmas colouring till next year haha!

Good luck with completing the book! Im sure it will be great!

I had the energy to do this tonight so glad i did! Cant wait to do lots more colouring in the new year!
Ooh that's really lovely! ❀

Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2022 has lots of colour for everyone! 🌈

Do you guys pull the pictures out of your books or keep them in while you colour?

I've been doing something that feels really wrong as an occasional book reader, I've bent it backwards at every page to break the spine of my book 😬 :LOL: but I'm still sort of having to hold the page down a bit near the middle if that makes sense? I've got it on a wee clipboard so that helps a little with holding down a page but only if I've got it turned one way ha ha!

Last edited:
I break the spine of the book, but for some am seriously thinking about just taking them out, the amount of times I've almost threw the pencils off the table with moving the page about an forgetting its attached to another page on the other side is unreal lol

Also happy new year all πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Reactions: 2
I may have been a bit naughty... I've bought the Castle arts 120 pencil set, some gel pens and a book by Kerby Rosanes πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

The Arteza set is really nice but I've been wishing for some more shades :LOL: Will let you know how I get on with them (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ooh that's really lovely! ❀

Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2022 has lots of colour for everyone! 🌈

Do you guys pull the pictures out of your books or keep them in while you colour?

I've been doing something that feels really wrong as an occasional book reader, I've bent it backwards at every page to break the spine of my book 😬 :LOL: but I'm still sort of having to hold the page down a bit near the middle if that makes sense? I've got it on a wee clipboard so that helps a little with holding down a page but only if I've got it turned one way ha ha!
Happy New Year Everyone.

I keep all my pictures in the books, I do have to squish the spine down to colour sometimes though.

I may have been a bit naughty... I've bought the Castle arts 120 pencil set, some gel pens and a book by Kerby Rosanes πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

The Arteza set is really nice but I've been wishing for some more shades :LOL: Will let you know how I get on with them (y)
ooh exciting, I sometimes wonder if I need a big set of gel pens, I only have a handful of them.

You will need to let me know how the gel pens are an if they bleed through, I've been thinking about those as well just for highlights but if they are something that will bleed through I don't think I would use them for anything else

Decided am going do the 30 days creativity book over a week, so it will be 30 weeks rather than 30 days lol, went to start day one an it's just got sooooooo much to do that I think if I was doing that much every day I'd probably be quite burned out with it so going do it at a slowly pace an enjoy it more

It does look like a lot to do at once. You’d probably have enough in it for 365 days. I have the How to Draw book and have done very little in it As my drawing is awful

I bought the gel pens because I only have a white one and I thought it would be nice/useful to be able to make a few highlights in other colours. I very occasionally draw free hand cartoons too so they'll be useful for that as well (y)

I'm expecting bleed through with them as well but I'm thinking if I leave it until very last thing and go gently with it, hopefully I'll manage to preserve most of the other side of the page πŸ€” Famous last words I'm sure :LOL:

I've been doing a bit more, moved on to a larger pic, it's not great but I'm still figuring things out and I've gone for more block colouring because I'm an impatient woman πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ and I actually really dislike the colours I chose for the big flower and will have to see if I can rescue it :ROFLMAO:

And a small one of how far I got with the first picture I started before I ran away scared like a big jelly :LOL:
IMG_1605.JPG
IMG_1607.JPG

• Heart
Those look really nice, am guilty of the block colouring as well, especially when am getting close to finishing it, I start to get impatient an just want it done, it's a habit I'll need to get out off cause I end up not wanting to put in any effort so I can just finish it

Those look really nice, am guilty of the block colouring as well, especially when am getting close to finishing it, I start to get impatient an just want it done, it's a habit I'll need to get out off cause I end up not wanting to put in any effort so I can just finish it
Yes! Oh I get so bad for this, I get all excited to start something and then when I do, it's like it's a big rush to get it finished for some reason πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ I think I'm my own worst enemy because then I inevitably get scared/pressured off doing it πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ :LOL: What is that about?! :LOL:

Am with you on that πŸ˜‚ I think I am more excited for starting something new than finishing it, I think am going try an put it away when I feel like that an go back to it next day an see if it helps

Any advice on good pens to buy
It depends on the book sometimes. Alcohol markers will bleed through the pages and ruin the pictures on the other side of the page but they can give a nice smooth finish.
I mostly use fineliner pens, staedtler ones and stabilo 88 but I mostly use pencil. Colourbright Bex on insta is amazing with fineliners.
A lot of people like crayola super tips pens

Is there much difference between gel pen brands do people find? I kind of figured a gel pen is a gel pen :LOL:

I’m not sure, I only have a handful, I’ve got the Arteza ones, some Sakura ones and some Pentel ones.