Adults colouring

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wondered if anyone else does this as a hobby for a way to relax an de-stress an what your favourite books are or what books you recommend

I've been colouring for a little while now an been trying to find what styles I like, I quite like the joahanna Basford books, got one from online an really liked it then seen b&ms had some but my pencils don't want to blend the same so I wonder if it's more copy's of her book in b&ms, but am Intrested in if anyone else has a collection of books and also what you use pencils/pens wise or what you recommend

Reactions: 10
Yep! I find it so therapeutic! It clears your head and calms me down I find

Reactions: 5
I have the secret garden which I would recommend, also fantastic cities by Steve Mcdonald is my fave xx

Reactions: 1
I try an watch some YouTube videos on tips in colouring but I don't think I'll ever get to the standards I see so I just try an enjoy what I do myself

I've seen secret garden, would be nice to have that one, but I've not heard of the other, will need to look that up

I went through a colouring phase, and after I had finished a particularly challenging animal picture, I proudly presented it to my mum. I knew that she loved it as she pulled exactly the same face as she did when I used to give her my scribbles as a six-year-old. I'm quite narked that she hasn't put it on her fridge door! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
😂😂 I keep all mine in a box when done, feel bad throwing them out after the work that goes into them, I've still yet to complete a book fully though, I have a few done in my worlds of wonder by johanna basford

I've found I've become a bit of a paper snob lol, I was excited to get the four house edition harry potter books but the paper is terrible, my pencils won't layer or blend like they do on the more expensive books that have slightly thicker paper

Reactions: 2
😂😂 I keep all mine in a box when done, feel bad throwing them out after the work that goes into them, I've still yet to complete a book fully though, I have a few done in my worlds of wonder by johanna basford

I've found I've become a bit of a paper snob lol, I was excited to get the four house edition harry potter books but the paper is terrible, my pencils won't layer or blend like they do on the more expensive books that have slightly thicker paper
I'm like that with the kids art, goes on the fridge for a while, then when space runs out i kiss them and put them in the bin (don't ask!!). The range is very good for pencils 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oooooh I love a bit of colouring in! Went through a big phase of it years ago but stopped when my eldest was born. Hoping to get back into, partly to avoid doom scrolling on my phone in the evenings.

I've always used pens to colour in. Am I missing a trick here by not using pencils?

Reactions: 2
I'm like that with the kids art, goes on the fridge for a while, then when space runs out i kiss them and put them in the bin (don't ask!!). The range is very good for pencils 👍
Lol I imagine when my neice starts I will be the same, there's only so much room on the fridge after all lol

I do have really good pencils, I have the full set of faber castell polychromos, as well as a few other ones, I was looking into the prismacolour but most reviews said they are quite easy to break

Honestly I do love pens but most of my books the pen just bleeds right through to the other side, it's fine so long as there's not a picture on the other side, the first time I got into colouring I ruined a book with not checking to see if the pens bleed through an ruined the other side so since then I've always been more pencil even though I've a ton of pens

Reactions: 3
I was an incredibly uncoordinated child so I just didn't do anything remotely artistic for many years until I started colouring this year and I've really enjoyed it. I still end up outside the lines sometimes and I'll never be like those super fancy people on YouTube, but once I stopped worrying about making it look 'pretty enough' I started enjoying it more.

My favourite book is probably this one

Amazon product

I think I've see that one, some of the books are really beautiful out there, I suffered from atelophobia for a few years, I was always into arts when I was a kid then late teen/early adulthood it hit me and I couldn't do anything, I'd see others who were professional am I couldn't get to that standard so I stopped, it took me a few years to finally realise I didn't need to be like them an to be happy with what I could do myself so I started to enjoy it again, I still watch artists on YouTube but am fine now even though I won't be like them

Has anyone had any of the daria song books? The pictures look really nice in them but wondering what the papers like

I love colouring in, I find it so relaxing and stops me just endlessly scrolling on my phone all evening!
if I don’t have the energy to physically colour in then I play on colouring in apps on my phone 🤣 I feel like I’ve finally found my people lol x

Lol

What apps do you use on your phone? Usually the only ones I can find aren't the greatest, can't zoom in or limited colours etc

Just wondered if anyone else does this as a hobby for a way to relax an de-stress an what your favourite books are or what books you recommend

I've been colouring for a little while now an been trying to find what styles I like, I quite like the joahanna Basford books, got one from online an really liked it then seen b&ms had some but my pencils don't want to blend the same so I wonder if it's more copy's of her book in b&ms, but am Intrested in if anyone else has a collection of books and also what you use pencils/pens wise or what you recommend
I have so many colouring booms, great way to relax

Lol

What apps do you use on your phone? Usually the only ones I can find aren't the greatest, can't zoom in or limited colours etc
I use the happy colour app, I paid like £4 for no adds but they have lots of selection and it’s a colour by number one 😊

I use the happy colour app, I paid like £4 for no adds but they have lots of selection and it’s a colour by number one 😊
Nice, I'll check it out, I've been browsing amazon for more books like I don't already have a ton needed done lol

There's a lot of amazing colouring american youtube channels i know off i watch and colour along when they go live and it helps me if I cant sleep i can list them if anyone is interested 😊

Recently got ivy an the inky butterfly, does anyone use any pens? An if so what brands do you go for, looking for ones that won't really bleed through, I'd love to highlight some areas in the book with a gold colour