Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
I went through a colouring phase, and after I had finished a particularly challenging animal picture, I proudly presented it to my mum. I knew that she loved it as she pulled exactly the same face as she did when I used to give her my scribbles as a six-year-old. I'm quite narked that she hasn't put it on her fridge door! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Just wondered if anyone else does this as a hobby for a way to relax an de-stress an what your favourite books are or what books you recommend

I've been colouring for a little while now an been trying to find what styles I like, I quite like the joahanna Basford books, got one from online an really liked it then seen b&ms had some but my pencils don't want to blend the same so I wonder if it's more copy's of her book in b&ms, but am Intrested in if anyone else has a collection of books and also what you use pencils/pens wise or what you recommend

Reactions: 10

anniemouse

VIP Member
I got mine finished today. I watched Johanna’s live and hers was all pretty and coherent and then there’s my random colours everywhere 😂

EDE99EA3-4FD2-4578-AA63-893979BD5802.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 8

anniemouse

VIP Member
I'd love to see 😊 I always love seeing others work, it helps keep me inspired 😅

I recently got back into my colouring after a good break, see a Alice in wonderland book in tesco an had to get it, they release new ones everyone month an it's been a while since they brought one out that I like, paper isn't great but the images are nice

Having problems with my sharpener right now though 😭 it's breaking all the leads before I can get them sharp enough
Have you tried sharpening a graphite/normal pencil as I’ve read it can clean the blade? I still really like my little metal sharpener and my empty dip jar.
I’ve just recently got back into colouring too, it’s such a cosy hobby for the dark nights.
I just finished this from Johanna Basford Worlds of Wonder. I really enjoyed the repetitiveness (and not having to think of too many different colours 😂) maybe I need to look out more mandala type pictures.
16EC41BF-0E03-4C14-8EB5-3DBAEDF3B3D8.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Been ages since I done some colouring, had some soft pastels do decided to try them out for background blending, hoping I can maybe get used to colouring in with them, I ended up screwing up the floor on this though lol, was a bit too heavy

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5

KitcRed

I know this thread is a little inactive but I've just bought myself quite an intricate book! It's called 'World of Colour' by Kerby Rosanes. Looking forward to starting it, I've been so stressed lately I'm hoping it'll prove useful before bed!

• Heart

anniemouse

VIP Member
I need to do the sky with chalk pastels or something but I’m too lazy to dig them out. I finished this though with my Castle Art pencils.
8F604046-E6C7-45FC-82D8-306AA22484AC.jpeg

• Heart

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Finally finished it, hopefully uploaded it correctly for the competition, never done it before

I sorta lost heart in it after the border didn't turn out how I wanted lol, I also didn't want to go with my original ideas cause it was too close to someone else's who had posted online an I didn't want it to feel like a copy so in the end I was mostly just picking up random pencils just to finish it

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Thought I'd share this since it took so long to do lol, finally think am grasping how to do skin an hair, had wanted their clocks to be like a shiny gold but haven't worked that out yet so dirty yellow it is 😂

Attachments

• Heart

anniemouse

VIP Member
I’ve had an epiphany, I love the really detailed colouring books like Kerby Rosanes but they’re quite scary. So I decided today to just put a colour down on a section and worry about shading later. I did the brown thing first before I thought of it but most of the rest of it I did on my lunch hour

87730EB8-EEE4-4C42-B20C-9427E7E261B1.jpeg

• Heart

Cocoflowers

VIP Member
20220124_111557.jpg

Ive been pretty busy even with having covid the start of the year im back to work for that first time this year tomorrow as having covid then 2 week hoilday so ive had a month of work which is insane now im spending the last day gluing all these in my book!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Snippysnips

VIP Member
I'm still very new at this but when I use pencils they always come out looking scratchy, even if I'm being very gentle. Do you have any tips?
Keep the points as sharp as you can, somtimes it's down to paper quality, I find the cheaper paper has more bumps in the paper, you can't feel it but it's there so having sharp pencils will help the pigment get into those tiny little grooves an bumps, I do agree the more expensive pencils help especially if they are very heavily pigmented, my faber castells have a heavy pigment, but I have seen people use cheap range an it's fine, honestly its all on how much work you want to do with it, some take such a while of going over an over to get all the pigment covering the paper, also a blender pencil is great for helping cover the paper as well, you can buy faber castells on their own from most craft shops, I think hobby craft has them for like £1 odd each, so I'd invest in a white one, I use that to blend in my pencils not only for shading but to cover the paper an give it that smooth finish

Donnavanessa

VIP Member
I’ve always loved colouring since I was little. I’m 63 now and still love to colour with my grandkids!! 😀

• Heart