Adults colouring

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just picked up this from amazon, really nice images, the title translates to beautiful darkness, it has really thick pages as well so maybe can try out some paints or pens on it since there's no image on the back either

Also finally ordered arteza pencils so looking forward to testing out some wax pencils an am looking at trying the pastel castle pencils as well, will be nice to try some bright pastels
That looks good. I’m glad you managed to get your pencils ordered.

I’ve still not finished my tent page, I did a little more but like you I’ve been doing other things,

Reactions: 1
That looks good. I’m glad you managed to get your pencils ordered.

I’ve still not finished my tent page, I did a little more but like you I’ve been doing other things,
Thanks 😊 excited to test them

Yeah little breaks are good, I've found even if I want to do somthing just taken that little break means I won't feel burnt out with it if I had just kept going, last thing I want to do is feel burned out with what I really enjoy

Reactions: 2
Ah damn I was a bit late, I've actually just come on to tell @Snippysnips that I prefer the Castle Arts pencil set to my Artezas now I've had a bit of time to play with them 😓 Sorry Snippysnips!

I've been shamed by a visitor! :eek: They came to stay a few days and did a bit of colouring in with me while they were here and have finished a whole picture! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: However since then I found some energy and have finally finished one too! 🙌 :ROFLMAO: I made the mistake of forgetting they blend and got a bit heavy handed with the lighter colours and have accidentally muted some of the darker shades - so they do blend! 🤦‍♀️ but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it and well chuffed I've actually completed something :LOL:
IMG_1632.JPG

I've also been playing with the gel pens and so far so good, no bleed through (y)

Reactions: 4
Ah damn I was a bit late, I've actually just come on to tell @Snippysnips that I prefer the Castle Arts pencil set to my Artezas now I've had a bit of time to play with them 😓 Sorry Snippysnips!

I've been shamed by a visitor! :eek: They came to stay a few days and did a bit of colouring in with me while they were here and have finished a whole picture! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: However since then I found some energy and have finally finished one too! 🙌 :ROFLMAO: I made the mistake of forgetting they blend and got a bit heavy handed with the lighter colours and have accidentally muted some of the darker shades - so they do blend! 🤦‍♀️ but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it and well chuffed I've actually completed something :LOL:
View attachment 993729

I've also been playing with the gel pens and so far so good, no bleed through (y)
Haha no worries, am actually looking at getting the pastel castle range anyway, honestly you can never have one too many pencils 😂

My god how fast do they work, a few days an a pictures done 😅 I started one last week an it's still sitting, I really need to get it done

Honestly the picture looks amazing, the colours really work well, if you hadn't said anything I'd have thought you had meant it cause it looks good to me 😊

That's good the gel pens don't bleed, am probably going get a pack of those

Haha no worries, am actually looking at getting the pastel castle range anyway, honestly you can never have one too many pencils 😂

My god how fast do they work, a few days an a pictures done 😅 I started one last week an it's still sitting, I really need to get it done

Honestly the picture looks amazing, the colours really work well, if you hadn't said anything I'd have thought you had meant it cause it looks good to me 😊

That's good the gel pens don't bleed, am probably going get a pack of those
BIB I know! :eek: clearly I am related to the fastest pencil in the west! The energy of youth ;) :LOL:

Thanks 😊 I enjoyed it but my hand was really cramped by the end and my wrist was really sore, I had to take lots and lots of breaks!

I will post a pic of the gel pen one when i'm finished (y) I think maybe next time I'll get nicer pens though, they feel a bit cheap, like they are going to fall apart in my hand and the nibs move about a bit when you are colouring in. They were Castle Arts pens - bought them thinking it was a bunch of shades but it's mostly glitter pens :LOL: Must pay attention to the descriptions instead of getting dazed by the pretty colours!

View attachment 993729

Yay that’s looking great, well done on finishing a picture.

• Heart
Yay that’s looking great, well done on finishing a picture.
Thank you to both! 😊

Here's the work in progress using the glitter pens :LOL: I quite like it, it'll be hard to take a picture of because it's a bit shiny though :LOL:
IMG_1633.JPG

The clover picture is the other side of the page of the glitter pen phoenix by the way (y) I partly did it coz I liked it and partly did it as a glitter gel pen tester :LOL: Takin one for the team! 💪 ;)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Fastest pencil in the west that's hilarious, I love it 😂

I also get a really sore wrist an fingers when colouring as well, I see other people colour for hours an they seem fine, I wonder if am holding them wrong

Oohh I love the phoenix, its so shiny 😍 I love shiny things, the pens come out so good, I remember having glitter pens at school an they were so rubbish lol I'd be like wheres the shiny 😅

• Haha
I did a tiny but more tonight, I’ve thrown all the colours at it. Getting bored of it though.
Looks great, really colourful 😊

I feel that as well, once it's close to the end I get a bit bored of it an want to do a new one, I'll really need to go back to finishing what I start

That looks awesome! ❤ I love how you've lighted inside the tent 👍

When you're so close to the end, that's around when I get bored too 🙈😂
Thanks, it’s the thought of doing all the lanterns and flags 😂

Looks great, really colourful 😊

I feel that as well, once it's close to the end I get a bit bored of it an want to do a new one, I'll really need to go back to finishing what I start
Thanks, I have so many unfinished pages 😂

• Haha
I've done a leaf I really like but it feels like it's not quite finished but I'm too scared to do anything else in case I mess it up :LOL: It's only tiny too 🤦‍♀️ :ROFLMAO:

Finished the phoenix, this was really fun to do with the glitter pens but I am covered in glitter now too :lol Tried to add a wee clip to show off the glitter as best I could but I couldn't do it 🤦‍♀️ It's super glittery anyway! (y) :LOL:
IMG_1638.JPG

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That looks great
Thank you! 😊

Spot the completely on purpose and not to cover up a big mistake black glittered bit ;)

I forgot to say earlier that I can happily report 0% bleed through, and I went over some areas quite a few times and got the page quite wet at times (y) They were pretty easy to blend too, but not sure if that shows up so well in the picture.

The pens definitely feel rickety in your hand though, sometimes the nib moved as I was colouring and made me go bit wonky but it was manageable enough (y)

Twas fun 😁

Reactions: 2
Finished the phoenix, this was really fun to do with the glitter pens but I am covered in glitter now too :lol Tried to add a wee clip to show off the glitter as best I could but I couldn't do it 🤦‍♀️ It's super glittery anyway! (y) :LOL:
View attachment 998647
Looks really great 😊 am glad the pens didn't bleed through, that's my fear that I'll get pens an find out I can't really use them cause they bleed, but I love all the glitter, really nice

I got a sexy new giant folder pencil case today * wolf whistles* 🐺 :ROFLMAO:
Spent a very happy little while arranging all my pencils etc in it and it's awesome, but my round pencil sharpener will go in but I can't zip it up then 🤦‍♀️ Can anyone recommend a good flat/small sharpener?

I got a sexy new giant folder pencil case today * wolf whistles* 🐺 :ROFLMAO:
Spent a very happy little while arranging all my pencils etc in it and it's awesome, but my round pencil sharpener will go in but I can't zip it up then 🤦‍♀️ Can anyone recommend a good flat/small sharpener?
The little wee metal sharpeners are good but you need a jar or container to put the shavings in. Like these things
C25A0B4F-D8F3-4DDD-B83A-474AB2876AAD.jpeg

• Heart