Adele

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm surprised it took so many years for her to morph from a relatable normal looking girl next door, to pandering to the skinny look that is demanded from the music industry to look like so many others.

I guess we still have Lizzo and Meghan Trainor.
What a ridiculous comment. There’s nothing normal or relatable about morbid obesity.

The “skinny look” that you mention is simply a healthy weight. The obesity crisis - with 70% of people being overweight or obese - has distorted people’s perspectives so severely that they now believe obese looks normal and healthy, and that normal and healthy looks malnourished.

Good for Adele for taking care of her health, whichever method she used. She has now decreased her risk of diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and even dying of covid.

I struggle with body image and body weight issues. I fluctuate between an size 8 to size 14. Binging, staving and puking for the past 15 years. I only say fat not to be horrible but as the body posi community are offended by the term obese . (Which is baffling as it’s a medical term, but there we go). I used to be a proud body posi member when trying to get better, but it’s so toxic, some with a big following declare they need to lose weight to be comfortable and feel they can’t as they will be shamed. Like duck off, it’s a body, it’s weight, it just adds to people’s problems and existing mental health disorders. She looks good, big or small. Can’t do right from doing wrong in this day and age. ESP movements that shame others for having a few less chins.
I used to be very underweight, and I have been picked on my whole life. It was brutal and happened with far greater frequency than fat girls suffered. What made it worse was that both friends and foes feel entitled to insult you when you’re skinny.

I agree the body posi movement is hypocritical and toxic. It’s also delusional. Not everything is beautiful.

I prefer body neutrality and self-kindness over self-love, which means it doesn’t matter if you’re unattractive, because looks are unimportant. It’s much easier and less pressure than deluding yourself into thinking you’re beautiful and fabulous, and loving yourself.

(Still trying to accept my acne though, so I’m not there yet!)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I think she’s an amazing woman and so attractive skinny or not... but have to confess ‘thin’ Adele doesn’t have the same relatable comfort factor as chubby or even fat Adele. She’s lost more than the 3 stone the article is reporting... since she’s started out I bet she’s lost closer to 8 or 9!
Her last released pictures a few month ago said she’d lost 100lb but she’s lost way more than that now

She’s only 32, i think all that stuff about sagging facial skin is stealth advertising for injectables. Also she had quite a defined jaw when she was carrying a lot more weight, it’s just how some people are.
However she’s been having stuff done for a long time, I’m sure she had a very subtle nose job years ago and her lips aren’t all her own!

Reactions: 3
On a lighter note (pun intended), all the Adele tribute acts are gonna be pretty pissed off now...

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I don’t know guys. If I was Adele I’d be screaming internally “I’m more than just a body”. She looks happy and she’s known for being down to earth & funny. Why would weight loss and a nice house change that about a person?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think she looks amazing and I bloody love how subtle she is about showing it off.
Most Celebs would have it all over their socials with the arses out and the DVD getting sold but she simply has just posted an ordinary photograph which isn’t even about the weight loss!
If I was her I’d be bloody proud of it cos it’s no easy task

• Heart
Reactions: 14
However she has done it, whether by wls or not, she looks fantastic. More importantly, she looks happy.

And if she has had fillers, botox etc. Who the hell cares. She isn't advertising it.

Also agree with PP that there has been no beach running shots in a bikini 4 sizes too small, and lo and behold a weight loss DVD a few months later that they try and flog to all and sundry.

Reactions: 13
I don't even understand why her face is being scrutinized so much with all these claims (in comments and this unnecessary article on top of it), there are no good, clear pictures of her slimmed-down face out there, nothing that's remotely comparable to the high-definition and sharp pictures of her in the past (red carpet appearances and such).

How can anyone say she looks older, haggard, has had injections or whatever, when we haven't even seen her properly yet?

That aside, I think she looks great and good on her. Jeez.

It's also obvious she's been at the weightloss for a long time, because comparing her from say 2 years ago to the time of her 1st album and there's quite a difference. She used to be really really big. Her dropping the rest of her weight over the past 2 or so years isn't that unbelievable when you look at her much older pics.

And as someone else said, she's been mostly out of the public eye for quite a while now. It's not like she's constantly in the papers like some other attention seekers and the weight dropped off within weeks of mere months.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
When people change their appearance the media's juices flowing, the media will start analysing the looks which they think makes a good article.

Reactions: 1
When people change their appearance the media's juices flowing, the media will start analysing the looks which they think makes a good article.

Of course they do but its all crap. They dont get any decent information from reputable sources and make assumptions because of all the attention seeking celebs.

Reactions: 2
I think she looks fantastic. I’ve always thought she looked great, she carried her weight well and has always come across very confident. People are so quick to judge but nobody should ever change themselves for anybody else but them. If she’s happy, good on her!

Reactions: 9
Botox or not, fillers or not, weight loss surgery or not she looks absolutely banging. Very talented lady although her music isn’t to my taste I can appreciate how talented she is.

Reactions: 13
Not one high quality photo released by her since the weight loss. Just some soft focus, black and white Kardashian style party booth photos with Santa then the birthday one which is grainy. What does she not what us to see?

Reactions: 4
Not one high quality photo released by her since the weight loss. Just some soft focus, black and white Kardashian style party booth photos with Santa then the birthday one which is grainy. What does she not what us to see?
I’m sure if there was something she didn’t want us to see she wouldn’t post anything at all 🥴

Reactions: 7
She looked so much better before in my opinion, some people just really suit a 'fuller' look. But I guess the weight loss is good from a health point of view.

Reactions: 7
She looked so much better before in my opinion, some people just really suit a 'fuller' look. But I guess the weight loss is good from a health point of view.
Fern Britton and Chris Moyles to name two. But we haven’t seen any good quality photos of Adele’s face yet. I feel we have to reserve judgement for now.
221A435F-4263-40A1-B634-5DA74A625EB8.jpeg CCC7CC3A-28F7-444F-9158-75999850A485.jpeg

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.