Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wiganuser

VIP Member
Loved Adele's Chasing Pavements back in the old days. Rolling in the deep was a good song but all the others I find depressing dirges. To be fair though I rarely listen to any up to date record releases as I'm firmly stuck pre say 2015!
Adele has ZERO diversity. A one trick pony. How people find her music amazing is fucking beyond me. Who wants to listen to some millionaires divorce from some ugly fella that she bossed and ruled around. Fuck off and admit your gastric band that's what were more arsed about

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Adele has just made herself a parody now and a laughing stock. Like “pulling a Monica” in Friends, now anyone who cancels a show will be “pulling an Adele”, she is that much of a joke and so unreliable. Britney Spears managed to keep her residency going when her father was controlling her and her mental health was in tatters. Celine Dion managed it when her beloved husband had just died, but poor little Adele throws a wobbler the night before and cancels the whole lot because she is unprofessional, weak, spoiled, over rated and cannot sing.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
It’s sad that in 2021 women are still judging other women’s bodies. This is the kind of shit that gives tattle a bad name.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

moldwarp

VIP Member
My (uninformed) opinion suggests cocaine as the missing piece in this jigsaw. A habit that’s possibly been going on for a long time and that her “team” is well practised at hiding. It would explain the extreme weight loss, the haggard face, the LA scenester mates, the divorce, the highly curated interviews, the emotional lability, the sudden freak out, the cancellation of the entire residency with no clear commitment as to when it’ll be rebooked, the refusal to consider doing stripped down or unplugged shows as an alternative.

I just like having a theory that pulls everything together! 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 47

Elsie1988

Something about Adele has never sat right with me. I often found the ´faux’ east end pub landlord persona confusing yet lives in LA and wants to be down to earth etc but then her tour in London, the cheapest ticket is £300. There’s a lot that doesn’t fit

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47

KINGAA

VIP Member
Is that on a cruise cause I'm not paying £5000 and then she pulls out the day before? 😊
I saw Clare Sweeney on a cruise ship once, I was unluckly to have a cabin near her as I could hear her practice the waaaayyy on “Shout” by Lulu for a solid hour. Just the waaaayyyy but, fair play she did pull it off in her show! Anyway that’s nothing to do with Adele but that brought back a weird memory of being pissed off trying to watch a movie in my cabin!

• Haha
Reactions: 46

Tabitha D

VIP Member
I tend to agree with others that the “audience with” format is hugely self-indulgent and embarrassing. It was basically just a big promo event for her record company - may well have been paid for by them too, IDK. I also doubt that all those celebs turned up for free. Plus the “surprise” (🤔) teacher thing. It was just a massive group bum-lick.
And Emma Thompson was a complete fucking embarrassment - as usual, she is a huge sycophant. Even her husband looked mortified by her (and he danced to the Macarena very badly on Strictly, so you’d think his embarrassment threshold would be pretty high).
As for Adele - I wouldn’t be too surprised if her next career move is a year-long residency in Las Vegas (huge amounts of money, just singing the classics to punters eating their dinner).
p.s. I acknowledge I’m a bit of a miseryguts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Kate Garraway, Alesha Dixon, Ayda ‘Mrs Robbie Williams’ Field, Phil Schofield and Phil Schofield’s estranged wife are some of the “stars” in the audience for her ITV special.

🙄
Tell me it’s on ITV without telling me it’s on ITV.

• Haha
Reactions: 44

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Jane MacDonald wouldn’t have been such a diva. She would just get up and belt out some tunes for the paying customers. Adele is becoming a bit too ‘now you see me, now you don’t.’
My local pantomime managed to carry on for six weeks when some cast and crew got the ‘Rona, I know it’s not Vegas and only £27 a ticket but even so. Her lack of professionalism is questionable.

• Haha
Reactions: 43

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I think a mix of divorce and a gastric band. Like someone above said, her head looks like a lollypop. Her face actually looks older. I find that often when people lose a lot of weight (too much for their frame) a thinner face ages them. I actually think her face looked better before. Hopefully, she is happy though.

Chilli pepper 19

VIP Member
She does seem to have a reputation of quitting when things get too hard, while crying its not her fault. At least we've now got another album to look forward to in 6 years time about how horrible Vegas was to her

• Haha

Joon

VIP Member
And to think she needs all that crew, where I need half of lager a mike and a karaoke machine.......!

• Haha
Reactions: 42

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
She is so arrogant. Imagine letting down and pissing off as many people as she has and coming back with that. No remorse, she doesn’t care. Just on to the next pay cheque like last time. Well her reputation is in tatters and there’s rarely any coming back from that.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I think people are missing the fact that she was on a beach drinking cocktails with her mates for an afternoon, the 'sadness' in her eyes is probably the fact that she is about 5 drinks in.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

Thetruth123

VIP Member
Gastric band? She has been off the scene for quite a whilst? She also is getting that Lollypop head look , I hope she doesn’t lose too much

Reactions: 39

Sunnie.lass

On a lighter note (pun intended), all the Adele tribute acts are gonna be pretty pissed off now...

• Haha
Reactions: 38

bottie1000

ironic she had no problem performing in front of her monied celebrity peers for the UK and US 'night with' specials.

• Heart
Reactions: 36