Adele

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's the principle - to my knowledge she hasn't specifically said how she lost it, but her (alleged?) personal trainer said on the Lorraine TV show that it was 90% down to diet. If that isn't the case then it could be damaging to her career because she'll be seen as dishonest. Although, given that she hasn't actually said anything personally who knows.
Could just be semantics, as if she has had gastric surgery, your diet does change dramatically ie low carbs, high protein and much smaller portions. So the weight loss would still (technically) be down to a change in diet?!

If she has had any form of gastric surgery, then it is certainly not the easy way out and will have been the result of a lot of thinking. (I'm 5 weeks post op and it is hard. Spent most the week feeling like i want to boak after every meal, wanting to Boak after I've had water, which you need to have plenty of. I swear my head has seen the inside of a toilet more this week then in my entire life! Plus the lifetime of tablets, all which need to be taken x amount of hours apart etc.)

I think she looks fabulous either way and I just hope she is happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't think it's such a big mystery why she lost the weight.

There are plenty of people who can't lose weight because various diets don't work for them, but outwardly they put on a smile and declare they are happy as they are. Then they find a diet (or the motivation) to lose some weight successfully and boom it goes better than anticipated so they keep going till they are at a happy weight for themselves.

And that's all there is to many weightlosses.

I think she wouldn't admit to surgery because of her image, because she always said how happy she was the way she was (might not have been a lie), but a surgery is the most drastic way and shows 100% that she wasn't happy at all. Would make her look like a liar immediately and that would dent her image.
Otherwise a surgery isn't shameful or anything, but that's the one reason I can she why she'd lie.

Really, she's been losing weight and excersizing since before her 1st tour (she started with excersize to be able to handle a tour physically), it's only the most of it fell off the last few months, I can imagine that a super restrictive diet and excersize did it.

I don't know much about weightloss surgeries, seems there are less invasive ones available, but I do know that a gastric band is super invasive and no good doc will do that if you can lose the weight with diet and excersize and Adele wasn't that big that she couldn't handle diet & workouts.

Reactions: 6
With the money and opportunities she has at her disposal, I'd imagine you'd want to be thinner to wear fun stuff too.
I know I've been bored of finding clothes that work rather than what I'm in love with

Reactions: 8
Could just be semantics, as if she has had gastric surgery, your diet does change dramatically ie low carbs, high protein and much smaller portions. So the weight loss would still (technically) be down to a change in diet?!

If she has had any form of gastric surgery, then it is certainly not the easy way out and will have been the result of a lot of thinking. (I'm 5 weeks post op and it is hard. Spent most the week feeling like i want to boak after every meal, wanting to Boak after I've had water, which you need to have plenty of. I swear my head has seen the inside of a toilet more this week then in my entire life! Plus the lifetime of tablets, all which need to be taken x amount of hours apart etc.)

Congratulations (y)! I know it's not easy ... it's not easy losing a great deal of weight whether you opt for surgery or via a programme, but people who've never been in that situation will never understand.

I had another thought - maybe her relationship with Skepta made her look at life differently? A lot of the comments in the latest article in the Daily Mail article about her (where she's wearing the black tracksuit) say how old she looks; I don't see that - I think she looks happy.

Reactions: 2

Congrats, you've now successfully spun a story and became a Spin Doctor/PR person!
;):p:D🤭:m
It could well also be this type of spin...!

Good luck to you, hope you're getting better!

Reactions: 1
Congratulations (y)! I know it's not easy ... it's not easy losing a great deal of weight whether you opt for surgery or via a programme, but people who've never been in that situation will never understand.

I had another thought - maybe her relationship with Skepta made her look at life differently? A lot of the comments in the latest article in the Daily Mail article about her (where she's wearing the black tracksuit) say how old she looks; I don't see that - I think she looks happy.
Aww thank you!!

Could well be! I think she does as well.

Congrats, you've now successfully spun a story and became a Spin Doctor/PR person!
;):p:D🤭:m
It could well also be this type of spin...!

Good luck to you, hope you're getting better!
So I have! Right where do I sign in order to get the dosh coming in!! 😆 l could also be a loophole lawyer!

Thank you! Still seeing the toilet bowl more times then is required, but getting there!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
She looks amazing!
if she got whatever done or just dieted and exercised then it’s upto her whatever way
She’s not advertising anything so whatever!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes I do, theres no shame in that at all, but why not be honest?
I do think she has as well. However, as she's not running round touting her weight loss as down to Ryvita or whatever else then it's really her own business, I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don’t think she’s had weight loss surgery! She seems to have lost this week slowly. It’s only because she’s been out of the spotlight for a long time that people are surprised at her appearance.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think she’s had weight loss surgery! She seems to have lost this week slowly. It’s only because she’s been out of the spotlight for a long time that people are surprised at her appearance.
meant lost this weight, not week 🙃

Reactions: 2
If you look at her insta you can tell she had already lost weight this time last year. It doesn’t look like it was a super fast weight loss she just obviously lost a little more since then. If she’s happy that’s all that matters she’s talented and beautiful no matter what size she is.
Also she has clearly been losing weight on and off for years, look at pictures from her debut album then to pictures from a few years ago, there’s a big difference in those! I feel like this is a long time coming like a lot of us this can be a journey that can take years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I think she looks amazing! The weight loss has been gradual. Good on her for making a change. And she’s not plugging a diet programme - she has done this for herself.

Reactions: 7
She's absolutely had weight loss surgery, she has the same gaunt expression weight loss surgery gives you due to the fast losses. She looks great. But it's clear she's ashamed to admit the truth. At least she's not pretending she followed some crazy diet, she's been very quiet about it all.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.