Adele

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Daily Mail has gone into overdrive with articles about Adele today, there must be at least seven articles. It is becoming a bit of a borefest to be honest.

Reactions: 11
In her Vogue interview, Adele says she lost weight through exercise trying to beat anxiety. It sounds like she has developed an unhealthy obsession with it.

Reactions: 6
In her Vogue interview, Adele says she lost weight through exercise trying to beat anxiety. It sounds like she has developed an unhealthy obsession with it.
And no surgery whatsoever! :rolleyes:

I'm very on the fence with Adele. She's extremely clever in terms of really limiting her music output - what she's done rakes in enough royalties to live a fairly lavish lifestyle on. But the weight loss/ weird celeb mates thing seems really weird, and she's never seen with her son. I can't help but feel there is some massive back story behind her LA life these days.
A friendship with Jennifer Lawrence is a red flag.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
And she said she needed something to be addicted to ‘to get her mind right’, which I find very concerning. Working out two - three times each day doesn’t seem that healthy. :/ It isn’t sustainable for the majority of people but to be fair, she acknowledged that.

it’s still concerning.

Reactions: 7
So, what does everyone think of the new single? Personally, I love it! The video had a good nod to “Hello” as she was leaving the house from that video

Reactions: 4
So, what does everyone think of the new single? Personally, I love it! The video had a good nod to “Hello” as she was leaving the house from that video
I will write a longer post tomorrow about everything I'm feeling Adele wise but I'm not really sold on the chorus. I do like the opening verse though and have had it stuck in my head for the last couple of days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
On first play I’m not grabbed by it at all . It’s disappointing as I really love Adele’s music but this doesn’t do anything for me

Like the song and video but a pet hate of mine with Adele is the constant hand movements.
I can understand her wanting to move them about a bit in a live performance but its unnecessary, irritating and distracting in the video.
Sounds petty I know but it does my head in.

Reactions: 6
I like the chorus and verses are ok. I thought some of the lyrics were quite clunky though eg “but now I give up”.

I don’t expect interesting videos from her but the throwback to hello and RITD were cool I guess.

Reactions: 2
I am already so 'over' this new Adele song - headline news in all the newspapers, ridiculous coverage on all news channels, Adele 'tribute acts' being interviewed, I don't get it...

'Fat girl gets skinny, releases song' - doesn't strike me as the biggest news in the UK right now.

As a sidebar, how pissed off must all the larger ladies who were making a living from their tribute acts have been when she lost all that weight?

(I'm a larger lady, I'd have been gutted... I can't hold a note though, so not a chance I could be a tribute act for anyone!)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It's alright. Greg Kurstin is amazing, but his Adele stuff I'm usually indifferent on. Perfect for weddings/xfactor montages/bar mitzvahs but I've no desire to hear it again.

Reactions: 8
I like the song but I think that's because I know the message she is trying to tell with this album. And I think it's really heartfelt. But not my favourite Adele song ever.

Reactions: 1
The clips on her live last week are tedious with the "omg I'm going to get in so much trouble for playing a few seconds of my new single, my phone is ringing already!" 🙄

Ah give it a rest, we know it's all planned and you're untouchable. She probably makes that label imprint more money than every other artist they have on their roster combined.

Reactions: 12
I usually love Adele but I found this song so boring. Gave up two thirds in.

Well she looks beautiful in the video, but those hand movements with the long nails are kinda awkward and too much. It's different if it was a live performance. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.