Adele

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loved Adele's Chasing Pavements back in the old days. Rolling in the deep was a good song but all the others I find depressing dirges. To be fair though I rarely listen to any up to date record releases as I'm firmly stuck pre say 2015!
Adele has ZERO diversity. A one trick pony. How people find her music amazing is bleeping beyond me. Who wants to listen to some millionaires divorce from some ugly fella that she bossed and ruled around. duck off and admit your gastric band that's what were more arsed about

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Adele has ZERO diversity. A one trick pony. How people find her music amazing is bleeping beyond me. Who wants to listen to some millionaires divorce from some ugly fella that she bossed and ruled around. duck off and admit your gastric band that's what were more arsed about
I’m not sure I agree with everything you have said but I love the way you have expressed it all. It made me laugh out loud 😂

I see a progression between her other albums. Only heard this first song but it shows no difference from the 25 sound aside from trying to be a little more Motown in the chorus. Hard to judge from one song.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There is no growth in this song whatsoever. Not in her sound or style. Same dreary old dross that could have been on any of her other albums. Already sick of it and her

I’ve only heard it once but I feel like I’ve heard it one hundred times it’s that familiar

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I’m not sure I agree with everything you have said but I love the way you have expressed it all. It made me laugh out loud 😂

I see a progression between her other albums. Only heard this first song but it shows no difference from the 25 sound aside from trying to be a little more Motown in the chorus. Hard to judge from one song.
Adele sticks to what she knows and doesnt push boundaries. Doesn't make her edgy or diverse it makes her completely boring and sterile.

Reactions: 13
Can't do with people who sign up to forums to get splinters in their arse as a fence sitter. If you're going to post say what you really think.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
saw Adele live in early 2017 and she was excellent, but I am over her. Her 19 and 21 albums are great, but now it’s just the same old sound on the same old theme.

Reactions: 8
I think she seems like a nice person but never got the love for her music, she is so overhyped in my opinion.

Reactions: 12
I just get the impression that even she is so sick and tired of churning out the same old dross. It’s lazy at this point. She does it because she knows it’s an earner, over doing it for the love of music and the desire to be creative and write songs. I just get the impression that she feels indebted to fans and it’s a bit “alright here you go, have a cry and sort yourselves out”, over actually wanting to do it

Reactions: 12
I’ve had a bit of go easy on me stuck in my head and when I get to a certain part the song just morphs into turning tables, they’re both that ridiculously similar. It’s just laziness. There’s no true passion behind her songs anymore because she knows it’ll sell either way so why put in effort. It’s boring and I don’t know why people are still buying it

Reactions: 10
I’ve had a bit of go easy on me stuck in my head and when I get to a certain part the song just morphs into turning tables, they’re both that ridiculously similar. It’s just laziness. There’s no true passion behind her songs anymore because she knows it’ll sell either way so why put in effort. It’s boring and I don’t know why people are still buying it
I thought it sounded like Turning Tables too when I first heard it.

Reactions: 2
I don't care much for Adele, it's not my kind of music but they're not bad songs I guess. I always thought her whole image was being the underdog larger size singer. When you lose all the weight you're just another skinny popstar. I never bought the whole down to earth "cor I can't stop swearing all the time" at her concerts makes me cringe.

She reminds me of an x factor winner
Definite Sam Bailey/pub singer vibes. I don't get the love for Adele's voice. It's fine in the low to mid registers, but when she starts belting it out it's painful. There's a thing she does, I don't know what it's called, a rasp, maybe? She uses it like a vocal crutch to help her hit the high note, but it's fingers down a blackboard to me. Hate the American twang she puts on words too

Reactions: 14
Yeah I find her voice painful when she belts it out. I don’t mind it when she’s singing on a lower register but I can’t listen to chasing pavements and the “should I give up” over and over and over. I’m like yes please just bleeping give up

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I just don't get who her fan base would be. Her songs wouldn't even make passable airport music.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.