Adele

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't like it. But yeah I found it boring and not very memorable. I feel silly now after waiting all week for it.

Reactions: 6
Same old same old.. nothing new. Wish she'd move on from break up songs as she's so talented. Also, lying about her weight loss surgery is a massive turn off.....

Reactions: 14
All the people posting how its comforting, nostalgic like putting on an old pair of socks get a grip it's shite not just any old shite but the same old shite she's been putting out for years. Boring predictable Adele.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I quite like it, made me feel a bit sorry for her (bar the millions!) I remeber thinking she got with her ex, she was young and married & had baby quite quickly and he was quite a bit older than her ?

Reactions: 3
Does nowt for me. Really wanted something a little bit different but it's the same old stuff.

Reactions: 7
I find the more I listen to it the more I think it sounds like “Turning tables” from 21 and “First Love” from 19. I have loved Adele for years but find them all pretty interchangeable now

Like the song and video but a pet hate of mine with Adele is the constant hand movements.
I can understand her wanting to move them about a bit in a live performance but its unnecessary, irritating and distracting in the video.
Sounds petty I know but it does my head in.
I absolutely HATE that.
As for the song...meh. As others have said, she really needs to move on from break-up songs, she's been doing them forever.

It’s predictable , unfortunately. I echo lots of other posts, what next. We‘ve had break ups, marriages, divorce only thing left is death!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Loved Adele's Chasing Pavements back in the old days. Rolling in the deep was a good song but all the others I find depressing dirges. To be fair though I rarely listen to any up to date record releases as I'm firmly stuck pre say 2015!

Reactions: 11
Loved Adele's Chasing Pavements back in the old days. Rolling in the deep was a good song but all the others I find depressing dirges. To be fair though I rarely listen to any up to date record releases as I'm firmly stuck pre say 2015!
“Cold Shoulder” is still one of my all time favourite songs. It’s perfect.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve gone off her a lot since she made those comments about buying a gun and wanting to open fire randomly because she got a big tax bill.
Talking about guns, those gun fingers she made to the paparazzi were flipping embarrassing.

Someone commented ages ago in the celeb gossip thread that Simon is not Adeles type at all..she is into black gangster types...this is before she got with the new black guy.
Not sure about gangster types but Simon is the anomaly when it comes to her ex partners.

• Wow
God her music is dullsville - if I had to pick a favourite, it would be "Hometown Glory". Voice like a screechy foghorn and all of pop's most prolific songwriters on speed dial. Liked her personality at first, she seemed a breath of fresh air, but I think it's all an act now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
You can't deny how hard I have tried
I changed who I was to put you both first

Nit picking but is she complaining about putting her child first? Have only heard the song once and the 'both' stuck out a mile to me

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Boring song
Thought the same. Trying to rip off Someone Like You. Prefer her more upbeat hits like Rolling In The Deep and Rumour As It. Media made a big deal of the first Adele song for six years and after a few hours of radio playing it too much I am already sick of it. She didn't have to try to reinvent the wheel when she's got a successful formula, but I am disappointed her music has evolved with age and she's still singing the same type of song and lyrics that she did in her teens for her debut album.

It’s not drum n bass 😭

I’m underwhelmed by the single, but still looking forward to the album. Going by what she said in the Vogue interview it sounds like it will be a lot more varied, and I can imagine they went for a “safe“ choice for her comeback single.

Reactions: 2
Boring same rubbish but it will get to No1. What was she saying h=in her vogue interview she duped her hubby to put herself first?

Reactions: 4
I like the new song, and the video.

I think she's put a smidge of weight back on since the really skinny photos, and she looks better for it, I hope she's happy with her weight though - obviously that's the most important thing.

Loved her instagram live but the vogue interviews kind of annoyed me. She moaned about not being able to afford the type of house she has in LA in London (because it's in the style of a cottage but huge). And the divorce stuff...on one level I sympathise but also....must be nice to just buy your ex a house across the street so you can coparent!

She's done really well to keep her son out of the public eye, and yes it is possible if you don't court paparazzi.

Reactions: 11
Any media event which receives this much hype, is always a turn off for me. I did listen to the song/video, but I am in no hurry to listen to it again.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.