Adam the Woo #8 So Boring These Days That This Thread Is Just About... Over .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jeez, that was pitiful.

I am mildly obsessed with those Gatlinburg ski lifts and really want to visit one day, but this video has me second-guessing myself. It'd be painful to try to enjoy the outdoors if the area is packed to the gills with hillbillies like these three hooting and hollering, rocking the lift and the bridges. I've skimmed the YITS threads here, and... do those two have some sort of learning disabilities? Something just feels very "off" about them. Adam can be pretty charismatic when he has someone to bounce off of, but these two are just giving him nothing. I'd rather watch him talk to the squirrels.

Minor nit-picks:
  • Adam continues to be baffled by the nomenclature of the Anakeesta Chondola, rambling on and on about how "I always call it a GONdola, but here they call it a CHONdola!" It's not hard to figure out that the name is a portmanteau that's a result of chairlifts and gondola pods hanging from the same wire.
  • Before digging into their donuts, they "clink" coffee cups, and Adam says: "Let's do a cheers here." No! "Cheers" is not a verb. You "toast" or "make a toast", and when you do, you say "Cheers", but you don't "cheers" something or "do a cheers".
Those fat "hillbillies" you're referring to are from Michigan.

Reactions: 5
Those fat "hillbillies" you're referring to are from Michigan.
Naw, doesn't matter if they're from Michigan, they are in the south, they act like goofy crackers and they're moon-pie/Mountain Dew level overweight, so they're hillbillies. Just like on St. Patrick's Day, when everybody is Irish.

Reactions: 8
Naw, doesn't matter if they're from Michigan, they are in the south, they act like goofy crackers and they're moon-pie/Mountain Dew level overweight, so they're hillbillies. Just like on St. Patrick's Day, when everybody is Irish.
Mountain dew consumption is directly proportional to how hillbilly someone is... Definitely checks out.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So do we think he's going to stay in touristville much longer, or since Tropical Storm Nicole is approaching is he going to decide to travel directly through it on his way home/to somewhere else on its projected path?

Reactions: 2
So do we think he's going to stay in touristville much longer, or since Tropical Storm Nicole is approaching is he going to decide to travel directly through it on his way home/to somewhere else on its projected path?
In the beginning of the first video of this jaunt he mentioned he would be in the area for "a week, give or take a day". He repeated it several times. He will likely modify his schedule to create as much drama as possible for the sake of content.

Reactions: 3
He's gonna have to go and 'take care of his parents' again while sitting by himself in a deluxe resort.

Reactions: 1
Another video of old abandoned buildings from Adam. Who watches these?? And what is so interesting about old buildings?? Does he think that he is documenting Americas downfall?? I don't get it and don't even watch them.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Another video of old abandoned buildings from Adam. Who watches these?? And what is so interesting about old buildings?? Does he think that he is documenting Americas downfall?? I don't get it and don't even watch them.
He took probably less than an hour out of his day to drive around and get 25 minutes of footage (which is on the low end of his typical video length these days), recorded literal trash (rotting buildings qualify), and called it good. I was thinking that maybe it was because he was hitting the road again, but usually when that's the case he still shows part of that process or mentions it. This is just laziness.

Also, just from clicking through the video I caught the genius quote near the end where he shows the abandoned building with the lettering saying CONFERENCE CENTER largely on the side: "This appears to be some sort of conference center at one time, now sitting here desolate". I wonder how you figured that out? Also, Adam, since we know you peruse this forum, the correct sentence would have been "This appears to have been some sort of conference center at one time". Can't be mixing past and present tense in that way.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Did he call the shuttered businesses, deserted downtown and sun faded decades old store signs "Americana" and gush about how he just loves it all?
Maybe he should try to find some lingering residents of these clearly impoverished small towns and ask them how they feel about their "Americana".

Reactions: 11
Did he call the shuttered businesses, deserted downtown and sun faded decades old store signs "Americana" and gush about how he just loves it all?
Maybe he should try to find some lingering residents of these clearly impoverished small towns and ask them how they feel about their "Americana".
Videos like his make me a fan of gentrification!

Reactions: 2
I wonder how you figured that out? Also, Adam, since we know you peruse this forum, the correct sentence would have been "This appears to have been some sort of conference center at one time". Can't be mixing past and present tense in that way.
Wait, you (we) think ATW reads this forum? I guess he could, if he's a glutton for punishment and abuse. Well, if he does:
Hey Adam, Go duck yourself. I find your content insipid and too extremely mainstream, it is a mayonnaise sandwich on the rich buffet table of life. The fact that you got enough people to follow you, like a humble preacher and his congregation, only confirms that fools are born every minute.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.