Adam the Woo #5 Friends and Possessions dragging you down? Best Remove ‘Em!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw his original video and did send a SASE and followed his instructions to the letter. I will wait and see what happens and what/if I get sent anything back. I would never buy anything, join patreon, or donate gift cards for any vlogger as I feel watching the videos is enough. I really just want to see if he follows through and sends something back. I'll post when/if I receive something back.
I'm sure he'll follow through, he's a genuine man of his word - that's why he hasn't filmed any trips to Disney World since November.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
What a sight it must be to see Mr Woo licking all those envelopes with that tongue stud. My suggestion to all those receiving that package of joy is to wear gloves when opening it. What are the odds 90% of the envelopes end up in a dumpster? And then the lawsuits start from all the "fans" who want their postage stamps back. Ha. Ha. Ha.

I'm sorry but I just can't w/ Adam's vlog title today. 🤦‍♀️ "Finding a healthy work and life balance"

First - define "work," Adam. Walking around filming on a phone is not "work." Try getting a real job and working 40+ hours a week for 30 years and / or commuting, dealing with asshole co-workers, ridiculous bosses, project deadlines, absurd clients or customers, etc. - all for zero glory, no DVC purchases, and no one to send "buttons and stickers" to after 5,000 people send SASEs to overwhelm your "little small town post office."

I love how he said it's good to have days "like this" where you can feel a little more "peaceful than the hootenannys and the hullaballoos going out to congested areas with a lot of people...doing a little reflecting...doing a little thinking..."

🤦‍♀️ Again, w/ the word choices - hootenannys and hullaballoos. I really don't think he knows what these words mean.

I am seriously getting to the point w/ him where I just click to see what nonsense he puts up and only come over here to be salty about it. 🤣

Even DH doesn't really watch him anymore. Says he's "different" and can't put his finger on it.

I mean, Adam does know that he controls what he films, right? He creates his own content. So every day can be "peaceful" to him at this point. How is walking around yet another deserted town at a snail's pace not peaceful? And he does know that he frequently puts up walk-and-talks where he reflects and thinks out loud in rambling word salads? So how is he proclaiming this to be some sort of a different experience? 🤣

Reactions: 8
His kind of “work” stressful in different ways than a typical 8-5. Thank God I don’t have to worry about filming and editing a video every day hoping it gets enough views to support me. Also don’t forget he did retail for 20 years so he put up with a lot of crap before he got to this point.

His kind of “work” stressful in different ways than a typical 8-5. Thank God I don’t have to worry about filming and editing a video every day hoping it gets enough views to support me. Also don’t forget he did retail for 20 years so he put up with a lot of crap before he got to this point.
I worked retail too back in the day. It's been a long time since he worked at Walmart in the 90s. Cry me a river.

I really don't think he's at the point of stressing anymore when he can buy and pay off DVC in less than a year. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I would say as full-time vloggers go in the Disney niche, Adam is probably towards the top of the work ethic list. But, when your top competition is the Trackers, that's not saying much.

Adam comes from humble beginnings and fully acknowledges that if it wasn't for YouTube he'd probably be working a retail job somewhere. With all that said, @2020planner is absolutely right. Adam has such a large catalog, the "residuals" he makes from YouTube could have him set for life if he doesn't buy any more DVC properties and take financial advice from Tim Tracker. I doubt Adam has the same financial stress as a minimum wage worker, as an example

I think Adam's video today about work-life balance comes from a place of privilege. I'm glad it seems like he's happy with what he's contributed so far to his channel this year, but I think it proves how out of touch Adam is.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Anyone remember Zayre's department store?
I'm old.
Yep. I didn't shop there (there weren't any in my area) but I remember the name.

I know what you mean too... I used to shop at Woolworths and G.C. Murphy. Long gone!

Adam comes from humble beginnings and fully acknowledges that if it wasn't for YouTube he'd probably be working a retail job somewhere. With all that said, @2020planner is absolutely right. Adam has such a large catalog, the "residuals" he makes from YouTube could have him set for life if he doesn't buy any more DVC properties and take financial advice from Tim Tracker. I doubt Adam has the same financial stress as a minimum wage worker, as an example

I think Adam's video today about work-life balance comes from a place of privilege. I'm glad it seems like he's happy with what he's contributed so far to his channel this year, but I think it proves how out of touch Adam is.
Well said! My thoughts exactly! But you said it better!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The video today annoyed me. I practice Buddhism and often go to this temple to meditate. I would have hated having a vlogger come around and film me while I was in the garden or temple. I get that people film temples, but it consider it rude- shows a lack of manners. It was coming from a place of privilege- ironic considering Buddhism is also about acknowledging the suffering of self and others.

Oh boy, I am excited to have found this forum! I've been watching Adam's videos for a while now. I think I discovered him back in 2019 while preparing a trip to Disneyland (for my mom's birthday -- she LOVED it!). None of my friends watch his stuff, though, so until now I haven't had an outlet to discuss it. I have LOTS of thoughts and questions that I've accumulated over the past few years, so I apologize in advance as this post is going to be pretty long (I'll do my best to keep it organized, though).

Personality
Adam is very gregarious and does not appear to be self-conscious at all. That personality type draws people in, and he makes otherwise dry topics (like the backroads "exploring" videos) interesting. I feel like if he had a real job, he'd do well in a role interacting with the public -- he'd be a good concierge or a good salesman (if he could focus enough to learn about whatever product he'd be selling) -- or if he chose to use his powers for evil, he could be a very successful con artist. I have some friends with similar personality types, and they are really fun to be around even though it can sometimes be hard to get a word in edgewise. I wonder how much of his personality is genuine and how much of it is just playing a character for the camera.

He's not as smart as he thinks he is
Adam talks like a 10th grader who got an SAT prep book and just skimmed the vocabulary section. To borrow a phrase I read elsewhere, he sometimes seems like "a dumb person's idea of what a smart person sounds like." He's impulsive and doesn't always think everything through. That can make for interesting content (while I wouldn't personally want to go on a last-minute road trip with minimal planning, I'll admit that it can be fun to watch Adam take one), much of his spur-of-the-moment stuff could be executed so much better with just a little forethought.

But he's also smarter than he seems
Adam understands the YouTube algorithms and ad policies and makes his videos in a way that works best with those. His "walk and talk" videos, for example, could easily be cut down to just a few minutes (heck, the message in most could usually be boiled down to a <240 character tweet), but he drags them out to 30 minutes or more with rambling, distractions, diversions, talking to wildlife, etc to allow for ad placement. His collaborations with other YouTubers help to further expand his already large audience. And he's usually smart enough to show a wide variety of content to appeal to a range of viewers (Don't like the Disney content? He's got you covered with a Route 66 road trip. Don't like those? He's got you covered with a variety of conventions and county fairs.). But lately it seems that he's been focusing on what he likes best (all things Disney!) to the detriment of all the rest.

Finances
I usually don't think about "What does that all cost???" when watching YouTube videos, but Adam's recent subtle (and not-so-subtle) references to money have left me wondering about the financial position of YouTubers in general and Adam specifically. Just how much does he earn from YouTube revenue? How much of that is saved (he's talked about "retirement" at some point), and how much goes right back into content creation (theme park passes, DVC membership, hotel stays, multiple apartment leases, even camera equipment)? The concept of "content creator" being a full-time job is still so new and subject to the whims of YouTube that it's hard to tell what the future might hold, and it makes me wonder what level of future planning he's done.

Self-Addressed Stamped Envelopes
That whole SASE debacle has cracked me up from the start, and I am here for it! His videos see between 50k-100k views in their first few weeks, and his channel has 600k+ subscribers. Even if only 1% of his viewers want a sticker, just stuffing those envelopes will take a considerable amount of time. And, of course, anything heavier than 1 oz requires more than just a single stamp... and anything bulkier than a few pieces of paper will get destroyed in the postal service sorting machinery (I've tried it myself before) if additional packaging isn't included. He claims he "tested" the post office box, but I didn't get the feeling that he actually sent a sticker and pin in that test envelope. Still, I sent him a SASE out of my own curiosity. I will report back if I get it back.

Friends of The Woo
Going back to his outgoing personality, I feel like he is at his best when he has a friend with him in his videos. He's clearly a pretty social guy, so he can really shine when he's able to interact with someone. It's easy to overdo it, though. I recall a video a while back when he went to a theme park (maybe Disneyland?) with a whole gaggle of vloggers, and they were all trying to compete for attention -- it was exhausting to watch. But if it's just him and one other person, the content is a lot more fun to watch. When he's on his own, he devolves into talking to squirrels and spouting off catchphrases, but when he has someone else to bounce things off of, it keeps him on track a bit more.
In particular, I discovered Tampa Jay via Adam's videos. I didn't watch their many baseball videos last year because the only thing I can think of more dull than watching baseball on TV is watching someone watch baseball, but more recently I saw the two of them together somewhere else and found him pretty entertaining. He seems like a "store brand Adam" but I'm finding that, just like with the store brand version of Rice Krispies, I'm starting to prefer him over the original. Oh, and Jay's girlfriend Cris seems sweet and nice, and she doesn't make me feel like I'm going to catch all three hepatitises through my screen.

In all I generally like Adam's videos. At worst they're fun time-wasting content, but at their best they introduce me to new places and things that I otherwise would never have known about. But some of the choices he makes truly baffle me.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Oh boy, I am excited to have found this forum! I've been watching Adam's videos for a while now. I think I discovered him back in 2019 while preparing a trip to Disneyland (for my mom's birthday -- she LOVED it!). None of my friends watch his stuff, though, so until now I haven't had an outlet to discuss it. I have LOTS of thoughts and questions that I've accumulated over the past few years, so I apologize in advance as this post is going to be pretty long (I'll do my best to keep it organized, though).

Personality
Adam is very gregarious and does not appear to be self-conscious at all. That personality type draws people in, and he makes otherwise dry topics (like the backroads "exploring" videos) interesting. I feel like if he had a real job, he'd do well in a role interacting with the public -- he'd be a good concierge or a good salesman (if he could focus enough to learn about whatever product he'd be selling) -- or if he chose to use his powers for evil, he could be a very successful con artist. I have some friends with similar personality types, and they are really fun to be around even though it can sometimes be hard to get a word in edgewise. I wonder how much of his personality is genuine and how much of it is just playing a character for the camera.

Adam talks like a 10th grader who got an SAT prep book and just skimmed the vocabulary section. To borrow a phrase I read elsewhere, he sometimes seems like "a dumb person's idea of what a smart person sounds like." He's impulsive and doesn't always think everything through. That can make for interesting content (while I wouldn't personally want to go on a last-minute road trip with minimal planning, I'll admit that it can be fun to watch Adam take one), much of his spur-of-the-moment stuff could be executed so much better with just a little forethought.

Adam understands the YouTube algorithms and ad policies and makes his videos in a way that works best with those. His "walk and talk" videos, for example, could easily be cut down to just a few minutes (heck, the message in most could usually be boiled down to a <240 character tweet), but he drags them out to 30 minutes or more with rambling, distractions, diversions, talking to wildlife, etc to allow for ad placement. His collaborations with other YouTubers help to further expand his already large audience. And he's usually smart enough to show a wide variety of content to appeal to a range of viewers (Don't like the Disney content? He's got you covered with a Route 66 road trip. Don't like those? He's got you covered with a variety of conventions and county fairs.). But lately it seems that he's been focusing on what he likes best (all things Disney!) to the detriment of all the rest.

Finances
I usually don't think about "What does that all cost???" when watching YouTube videos, but Adam's recent subtle (and not-so-subtle) references to money have left me wondering about the financial position of YouTubers in general and Adam specifically. Just how much does he earn from YouTube revenue? How much of that is saved (he's talked about "retirement" at some point), and how much goes right back into content creation (theme park passes, DVC membership, hotel stays, multiple apartment leases, even camera equipment)? The concept of "content creator" being a full-time job is still so new and subject to the whims of YouTube that it's hard to tell what the future might hold, and it makes me wonder what level of future planning he's done.

That whole SASE debacle has cracked me up from the start, and I am here for it! His videos see between 50k-100k views in their first few weeks, and his channel has 600k+ subscribers. Even if only 1% of his viewers want a sticker, just stuffing those envelopes will take a considerable amount of time. And, of course, anything heavier than 1 oz requires more than just a single stamp... and anything bulkier than a few pieces of paper will get destroyed in the postal service sorting machinery (I've tried it myself before) if additional packaging isn't included. He claims he "tested" the post office box, but I didn't get the feeling that he actually sent a sticker and pin in that test envelope. Still, I sent him a SASE out of my own curiosity. I will report back if I get it back.

Friends of The Woo
Going back to his outgoing personality, I feel like he is at his best when he has a friend with him in his videos. He's clearly a pretty social guy, so he can really shine when he's able to interact with someone. It's easy to overdo it, though. I recall a video a while back when he went to a theme park (maybe Disneyland?) with a whole gaggle of vloggers, and they were all trying to compete for attention -- it was exhausting to watch. But if it's just him and one other person, the content is a lot more fun to watch. When he's on his own, he devolves into talking to squirrels and spouting off catchphrases, but when he has someone else to bounce things off of, it keeps him on track a bit more.
In particular, I discovered Tampa Jay via Adam's videos. I didn't watch their many baseball videos last year because the only thing I can think of more dull than watching baseball on TV is watching someone watch baseball, but more recently I saw the two of them together somewhere else and found him pretty entertaining. He seems like a "store brand Adam" but I'm finding that, just like with the store brand version of Rice Krispies, I'm starting to prefer him over the original. Oh, and Jay's girlfriend Cris seems sweet and nice, and she doesn't make me feel like I'm going to catch all three hepatitises through my screen.

In all I generally like Adam's videos. At worst they're fun time-wasting content, but at their best they introduce me to new places and things that I otherwise would never have known about. But some of the choices he makes truly baffle me.
Welcome. And well-stated.

Reactions: 2

Personality

Finances

Friends of The Woo

Wow, this is quite a first post.

Personality

Finances

Friends of The Woo

Welcome! Lots of great points here.

It looks like Adam hasn't posted a video yet. I wonder if he's taking the day off so he can have a balance between his work and life. Or maybe he's stuffing thousands of envelopes at the moment. I sent off my SASE a week ago. I'm wondering when people are going to report about receiving their envelope back. It's going to take months for him to fulfill all the "orders". However, I do believe he will get it done. If it was up to the Trackers they would throw all the envelopes in a closet and throw a Stan-made blanket over it.

My theory is the whole SASE debacle was just a test to launch a new line of paid for merchandise. But on the other hand he claims to not plan anything so maybe it was just a blunder.

Video late today and Natalie is there. She is quite…..hyper…..this trip.

That being said…..him saying “aka Daphne” was a freaking hilarious eff you to the pearl clutchers 😂😂😂😂

• Sick
  • Haha
Video late today and Natalie is there. She is quite…..hyper…..this trip.

That being said…..him saying “aka Daphne” was a freaking hilarious eff you to the pearl clutchers 😂😂😂😂
Lol! Amazing. He is trolling so hard. "AKA Daphne". Nice play, Adam! Hi Natalie aka Daphne!!!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.