Adam the Woo #12 Day 75 of 50, losing eleventy eleven pounds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the meteoric rise to arrogant, brgadocious and loquacious obnoxiousness began when the real money started rolling in. I haven’t watched him for very long tbh. when he hit 500k I saw that the wheels were turning though. The first class flights, the DVC points, the baseball circuit etc. Maybe it was before then but its the money. He must have grown up poor by most standards. Travelling to different cities bc of preacher Jim’s job. He never imagined that he could have as much money as he makes now. So he acts like one of those instant lottery winners that blows it all at the end of the day. Just a dumb fool. Rubbing his wealth in everyone’s face as a F you to everyone whoever doubted or looked down on him In the past. The naysayers he hated and gets his revenge now.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
pool.gif

Big night and day difference between the old more animated Woo and the current lazy river denizen and curmudgeon in his place who just phones in half-assed boring vlogs. Some could say he mastered the art of less is more as an aesthetic, but it's obvious he's really a lazy ass with no originality.

Reactions: 12
On top of all his other woes, Adam's also definitely cranky because jet lag is taking a toll on his usual sleep patterns. Roaming around the Disneyland Hotel at 5:40am is just weird, and he seems to be quite loud which can't be fun for the people sleeping in their rooms around him.

The room comes with a K-Cup machine, and they provide the K-Cups there and you can just ask for more. But Adam had to buy a 12 pack of Mickey Coffee K-Cups in the gift shop? Are they really going to be drinking that much coffee in the room over the course of 2.5 days?
The whole jetlag thing doesn't even make sense for him in this case. 5:40 a.m. in CA is 2:40 a.m. right now in HI, with a 5 hour flight thrown in, he should have been soundly asleep, and sleeping in til 11, 12 like he usually does anyway, not wide awake, chittering away at 100 words per second. Was he up at 2:40 every night keeping mother up at Aulani? I suppose the explanation could be all of that coffee he seems to be consuming lately, and even in the vlog he was still talking about needing to get more...again all while wide awake pre-dawn and seemingly not in need of anything.

Reactions: 11
Actually, the first Disneyland Hotel tower - the Sierra Tower, now the Adventure Tower - didn't open until 1962, some seven years after the park and hotel both opened. Perhaps Adam was still in family vacation mode and/or was too occupied to look up facts.
Correct, and the first tower was built in two phases as well (you can't tell from the outside, but walk down any hallways and you'll see the transition). I loved the old hotel, with the Travel Port, the original Garden Rooms, the shops, the Olympic sized swimming pool (right where Din Tai Fung will be), and all the original mid century modern feel.

Reactions: 5
"they can't win in the postseason" The Rays, which didn't exist until 1998, and didn't even make the playoffs until their 11th season, 2008, also made it all the way to the World Series that year, and have in fact made the World Series twice now. Sure they haven't won a title, but then again look how long the Cubs had to wait, how long Cleveland fans have been waiting, Seattle Fans, San Diego fans, Milwaukee fans, Texas Fans. The Rays have made the playoffs 9 times in their history, been to the WS 2 of those, and have gone 7-9 in 16 playoff series, with 28 wins. They've only been unable to win in the postseason since a certain ATW became a lifetime fan of them in 2021, as they are 1-7 in playoff games and 0-3 in series since.
What I'm seeing here is that he jinxed them by becoming their biggest, bestest superfan.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I know. That's why I continually say I regret DH and I ever spending time watching him the first place.

I mean, was he ALWAYS this insufferable and we just didn't notice?

I swear it started to get worse during COVID and then just continually increased in levels of obnoxiousness since then.
I've been thinking the same thing. Was he ever good, or were my standards just lower back then? Was the van-dwelling, water bottle crushing, catchphrase spouting ("Are those petunias?" "Theeerrre gooooeees the monoraaaaiiiilll!"), bicycle ramp jumping goon entertaining? Or did he just offer something different that attracted my attention due to its novelty?

Good question. I wondered the same, so I decided to go back and watch some vlogs from the year I started watching Adam daily, which was 2016. He was living in Anaheim, had just broken up with Madame the Woo (who'd been living with him there during 2015). By mid-2016 he had left Anaheim and went out on the road again. This certainly has touches of ridiculous word usage, but it certainly seems more real, honest and open than anything he does today:

Look at this random Disneyland vlog from April 2016. Focus on the first 6.5 mins of him and Micah (before he was "World of Micah") - the rest of it is him talking about the state of YouTube and creators at the time (but even that his attitude and energy seem much better than today). Look at the crisp editing, the pacing, the energy, the noticeable lack of over-explaining and reading every sign he sees:

And sometimes back then, he would take on unusual subjects he wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole today. Yes, the water bottle intro is annoying looking back at it, no way around that. But he asks how the audience is doing, makes an effort to make it seem like he's having an actual dialog with the viewers, would even sign off by saying he loves the audience, he has energy, and the topic is unusual and interesting:

Nowadays he is jaded, guarded, low energy, and lazy. It's like he's doing the audience a favor by letting them in on his "adventures" and he can barely stand to document it for them, other than the fact that their watching finances it all. This combined with the deep ruts he's made with the same content over and over again, the First Class, DVC, baseball seats in the first few rows, and his combative stance in the comments, well, I can't blame us for watching him back in the day or for laying into him now.

Final Thought: when I started watching Adam I had no idea how old he was. He didn't look that old, and based on what was going on in his life in his videos I assumed he was in his 30s, maybe even early 30s and looked a little old. Looking back, he turned 42 the year he made that "Things Don't Work Out" video, crying on the couch about his lost girlfriend. 42yo! It's just bizarre he was doing stuff like that in his late 30s and early 40s and seems to have transitioned to an unhappy, lonely person approaching 50 even though he has his DVC and first class and lives in his dream town of Celebration.
The second video you shared is an excellent showcase of both good and bad Woo.

Roughly the first half of that video is fast-paced and engaging. The quick cuts are MTV-esque. I always chuckle at the Tracker and Ordinary Adventures stans who praise Jenn and Kitra respectively for their "aMaZiNg eDiTiNg" because you don't notice editing. Nobody walks out of a movie saying: "Wow, that movie was edited SO WELL!" But when you compare the way this video was put together to some of his more current videos, you can definitely see a difference in the way he presented the clips. With Micah there, he has someone to bounce off of, but he doesn't overdo it. The ride footage is garbage, but he has the good sense to include only a few seconds of it. You can tell that he has more energy and more enthusiasm for what he's doing.

But the second half is his sort of content that really irritates me. He essentially says: "Building an audience on YouTube is hard, and it will only get more difficult for newcomers as they have to compete with channels with already established audiences." but he babbles on for nearly 10 minutes. I feel like that's past the point in his career where he realized that longer videos = more $$$, so he just started draaagggging everything out. Even then, you can tell he's more excited and passionate about what he's talking about.

Now almost everything he does is like the second half of that video -- just a drawn-out waste of time. The difference is that he isn't even excited about what he's showing anymore, so you don't even get any of the infectious enthusiasm anymore.

Reactions: 8
lauk0fkubgp31.jpg

Me checking instagram for more workout updates from "habit formed" ATW. He has been using those gym equipment rooms at the DVC hotels, right? Right?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I found Adam when I was obsessed with people living in vans and RVs. Did anybody else here watch Camo Dave? He interviewed Adam a few years back but sadly passed away at the end of 2021. RIP

Reactions: 6
I think the meteoric rise to arrogant, brgadocious and loquacious obnoxiousness began when the real money started rolling in. I haven’t watched him for very long tbh. when he hit 500k I saw that the wheels were turning though. The first class flights, the DVC points, the baseball circuit etc. Maybe it was before then but its the money. He must have grown up poor by most standards. Travelling to different cities bc of preacher Jim’s job. He never imagined that he could have as much money as he makes now. So he acts like one of those instant lottery winners that blows it all at the end of the day. Just a dumb fool. Rubbing his wealth in everyone’s face as a F you to everyone whoever doubted or looked down on him In the past. The naysayers he hated and gets his revenge now.
He is just relying on ad revenue since he does not do sponsored content. He makes a decent living but I assume he is relying on the grey areas in tax laws to write off his travels. 31k views per video plus 700k subs would net him about 3k per month. That's not wealthy so I assume he is using credit cards and tax loop holes like every other mid creator.

Reactions: 10
Good question. I wondered the same, so I decided to go back and watch some vlogs from the year I started watching Adam daily, which was 2016.
Your post made me want to go back and see what "Pandemic era Adam" was putting out. Forgot about some of these classics. . .

a2222222.jpg

A1111111.jpg

a44444.jpg

a333333.jpg

b2222222.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I don’t watch him much anymore but I don’t recall him being this clickbait-y in the past. Everything is an “issue” now.

IMG_9911.jpeg

Reactions: 15
I used to enjoy the videos he did during lockdown as at least it was something to watch & I like the deserted Anaheim Convention Centre. When he moved on to the eating series it got more annoying.

I stopped watching when Giggles got involved & just follow along here.

Reactions: 11
"they can't win in the postseason" The Rays, which didn't exist until 1998, and didn't even make the playoffs until their 11th season, 2008, also made it all the way to the World Series that year, and have in fact made the World Series twice now. Sure they haven't won a title, but then again look how long the Cubs had to wait, how long Cleveland fans have been waiting, Seattle Fans, San Diego fans, Milwaukee fans, Texas Fans. The Rays have made the playoffs 9 times in their history, been to the WS 2 of those, and have gone 7-9 in 16 playoff series, with 28 wins. They've only been unable to win in the postseason since a certain ATW became a lifetime fan of them in 2021, as they are 1-7 in playoff games and 0-3 in series since.
That IG post was enough for me to unfollow him. He doesn't know tit about baseball. The Rays were fortunate to win 99 games given the litany of injuries (and allegations) that sidelined key players for extended periods, and that's on one of the lowest payrolls in baseball. But don't worry, Woo knows what they need to do to fix the postseason problem. I'm sure they'll have him working in the front office in no time.

It appears David blocked me on Facebook for having the audacity to criticize him for talking so much tit about "his boys" after he was dick riding them all year, especially early in the season, you know when World Series' are won? He's becoming Charmin soft just like his pals the Slackers.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It appears David blocked me on Facebook for having the audacity to criticize him for talking so much tit about "his boys" after he was dick riding them all year, especially early in the season, you know when World Series' are won? He's becoming Charmin soft just like his pals the Slackers.
Congratulations on your block!

That means you told the TRUTH, and he knows it.

• Heart
But the second half is his sort of content that really irritates me. He essentially says: "Building an audience on YouTube is hard, and it will only get more difficult for newcomers as they have to compete with channels with already established audiences." but he babbles on for nearly 10 minutes. I feel like that's past the point in his career where he realized that longer videos = more $$$, so he just started draaagggging everything out. Even then, you can tell he's more excited and passionate about what he's talking about.
And still, even with him blabbering on for 10 mins about YT, that 2016 video was 16 minutes long. His vlogs nowadays average over THIRTY minutes. His flight experience videos are regularly 45+ mins. When I do watch an entire vlog nowadays, I'm often wondering "why the hell would he have left this in?"

Reactions: 9
I know I complain about the visual quality of Adam's vlogs, but holy hell what is up with this smearing and blurriness on a lovely SoCal morning?

1696600125303.png

1696600199228.png

I mean, yeah, the ride is moving, but not fast. And why why why is he always staring at the camera with this odd/blank expression? He's hardly ever speaking, he just stares at the lens.
1696600432046.png

1696600485880.png

1696600530678.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but during the intro he says they aren't going to stay all day, just a few hours. They then ride the monorail, Buzz, Autopia, the Nemo subs, the railroad, Mickey's House, Small World (minor, brief, audio glitch), Tale of the Lion King, then they missed Haunted Mansion because it broke down as they got in line.

So ONE RIDE broke down, ONE, and certainly if they really wanted to they could've stuck around and waited for it to come back up, or left the park and returned later to use their Lightning Lane. And he puts in his title "Ride Issues & Breakdowns". JFC.

Road trips coming up soon, get excited everyone :rolleyes:
1696601921950.png

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.