Adam Hattan #5 The Queen has died! What’ll he do? 2 weeks delay on a Moo Moo Sharoo!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Such a lovely snap of Adam and Gary at Castaway Cay on their most recent cruise trip 😍

EA5-F70-E6-551-B-446-E-8-F89-010-A4-C9-C4-CAB.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
His views aren't THAT good to afford what, two wdw trips, one in Upper, then this trip also in Upper plus the dlp trip. Plus he lives near Oxford , alone, which isn't cheap. Many youtubers say youtube doesn't pay that well, it's the extras that bring in the money (e.g own products, sponsorships etc).

• Angry
Reactions: 6
I'm working two jobs at the moment and feel like as soon as I get home, I'm straight to bed and then getting up to start again. Watching these two without a single job between them, who haven't done an honest day's work in their lives, jet off on another Disney trip is beyond a joke. Gary in particular annoys me because he's just a scrounge. I don't know if Adam is patient, desperate, or just plain stupid for footing his bills AGAIN

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
I’m obviously going wrong somewhere in my life if these 2 have managed to go away AGAIN and to fly upper class AGAIN!!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
He's probably making something like $1500-$3000 per month from YouTube, clearly nowhere near enough for the amount of money he's spending on Disney trips + his normal expenses and lifestyle.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I have no idea how legitimate they are, but you do hear stories about people who quit their full-time jobs because they have been making equivalent income selling erotic fiction Kindle books through Amazon.

His dream guide sells for £12 on Amazon UK and about £18 on Amazon US. That’s an average of £15. All of his listings on his author page have around 800 reviews combined.

I have been on Amazon for well over a decade and have only ever left one review. Let’s say that 10% of his customers have posted a review of his book - he’s sold 8000 books. 8000×15= £120,000.

Obviously, Amazon takes a cut, but it’s not impossible to imagine that his book sales have gone some way to cover his trips over the last few years. That’s before we even get to the sweatshirts, AdSense, sponsorships etc.

Reactions: 7
I have no idea how legitimate they are, but you do hear stories about people who quit their full-time jobs because they have been making equivalent income selling erotic fiction Kindle books through Amazon.

His dream guide sells for £12 on Amazon UK and about £18 on Amazon US. That’s an average of £15. All of his listings on his author page have around 800 reviews combined.

I have been on Amazon for well over a decade and have only ever left one review. Let’s say that 10% of his customers have posted a review of his book - he’s sold 8000 books. 8000×15= £120,000.

Obviously, Amazon takes a cut, but it’s not impossible to imagine that his book sales have gone some way to cover his trips over the last few years. That’s before we even get to the sweatshirts, AdSense, sponsorships etc.
I think amazon take a massive cut though, but yes I think the extras helped over the peak of disneu vlogging 2018 to 2020. But he seems more desperate these days so I get feeling the money is maybe slowing down. Especially now the Covid boom has passed

Reactions: 4
Yeah his net from amazon is probably only a few quid per book, plus there’s no way he’s selling 8000 copies. You can verify that by looking at his global amazon rank, to sell that kind of volume he’d need to be in the hundreds… so it’s a completely negligible part of his income.

Reactions: 1
there’s no way he’s selling 8000 copies
For someone with multiples titles and an active fanbase in the thousands, I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility for him to sell at least 8000 titles across the last few year he’s been publishing? That’s not even considering people who type in “Disney guide” or whatever into Amazon and just buy it based on the high star rating.

This one product alone has over 400 verified reviews and we know that nowhere near 100% of buyers leave reviews on Amazon:

Amazon product

Interestingly I searched Adam hattan on amazon and none of his guides came up in results. I had to add 'guide' for his to appear so he isn't a strong search result as an author in his own right

He does have a lot of reviews, on the 50th one 389 of are verified. I think alot are his hard-core base as many reviews mentioning buying the other books. Which is all you need, a group who will buy anything you put out. The 50th one does have quite a few negative reviews though.

I think he made a good amount of money over a few years but likely struggling to maintain it

Your assumptions are way off.

I have been active on a few previous threads of Adam's just getting back into the Florida vlogs now. How does he get money on a day to day basis surely he cant earn enough to run a flat warehouse and afford to go to Florida every few months

Reactions: 4
They probably are but there's more evidence for that theory than:
well, you are right in the sense that there is definitely proven income from the guide, whereas the family bank is a theory. However, if you plot in the Best Seller Rank of around 1 million, you'll see that most sources report that as no more than 1 per day - so I'd say that's not even worth adding into it - again considering that he will only net a couple of pounds per sale.

It's totally plausible that he sold a chunk when he released the guides to his most loyal fanbase, but it it wouldn't even cover his uber fees for a calendar year.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.