Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GSquaredUWS

VIP Member
Do you get the “”expertise of a former Penguin Random House marketing exec” for so little that the pre sale covers it? I know one of the former marketing execs at my company now does consultancy for companies, giving them advice on their online set up. He’s eye wateringly expensive and so not worth it but at least he’s shaking down big companies.

Maybe this person worked for Penguin in the same way that 22 y/o Adam worked for Disney corporate in his fictional bio and they are now grifting a few grand from hopeless dreamers. Or maybe the whole blurb is more Hattan fiction

Reactions: 2
He has spent a fucking fortune on this book.
In fairness he doesn’t come across as badly as usual on this vlog.
Absolutely, he’d have to sell bloody thousands of them to even recoup his money. And I thought the vlog was watchable other than the ‘bestseller’ section. Couldn’t handle the cringe.

spoonqueen

With the bullying thing... Teachers have to report bullying to higher-ups, kids don't just get immediately excluded. They might be put in isolation though.

The rest of it's spot on and easily searchable though.

Mark81

VIP Member
I mean, it is an issue. At least now it's a level playing field. Now there will be some people who can snap up the popular rides in advance, while others will get what's left on arrival. According to reports Canada will now be able to do it the same as America.

If it isn't true, disney have done a bad job of damage control as not only have the 'news' sites reported it (they're all awful I agree), but their own cast and customer service team are saying it to the public. The whole press release has been a shambles.

hrgrmr47

in the vlog before this one he definitely ordered far more than presales because he clearly has dreams of it going viral and everyone being desperate to get their hands on it

hrgrmr47

Various weird sentences again. The editor was a total waste of time.

View attachment 3029797

View attachment 3029800

View attachment 3029801

View attachment 3029803
"Spritely" is not an adjective, it's an adverb. ☝🤓
George has once again been ousted from existence.

View attachment 3029805
View attachment 3029806

Even the female dog is causing problems whilst the male is a good boy. 🤣🤣 (Weird comma splice also. How did that not mess with the old dyslexia?)

I need some fresh air and food now 🤦 I love snarking on bad books though...
this sleepover scene seems like an exact copy of the one in heartstopper…

Theodore

VIP Member
Watching tonight’s vlog. Curious how someone misrepresents a purchase as an achievement. “It’s surreal” he says, but it’s literally like standing in Sainsbury’s admiring your shopping receipt.
Absolutely this.

jamesmaybe

Should this be used as research for how cults get started? What kind of insane people are such big fans of his they'd physically travel to go to a book launch party, presumably within a niche they've never read, or intend to read in the future?

Is it some kind of weird Stockholm/nightingale syndrome? I don't get it.

I mean, obviously Adam is delusional and insane for even putting all this shit on in the first place, but who are these people enabling him by showing up??
---
Bingo!

I'm sure Adam has no idea who Jacqueline Susann is and no desire to learn since he dismisses anyone famous before he was born. But she did what he is trying to do. Except very successfully. I see shades of Jackie Susann in his self promotion. Except he keeps it all within his self selected bubble and declares himself a winner so it's just LARPing but it does give me a desire to reread articles about Jackie or watch the campfest Bette Midler movie about her to cleanse my brain of Adam in his M&S dad jeans clutching the world's oldest teenager Gary C for emotional support.
That's another point, it's fairly well-established that Adam must be getting considerable funding from his family, so why are they nowhere to be seen, ever? Do they just write the cheques, and let him "do his little thing" ?

Bungalo

So far lots of hysterical giggling over things that are not funny and a determined effort to show how hard he works.

ReadySteadyGrift

Chatty Member
Yet more money.......and apart from Stories he has posted nothing on his insta for 5 days. Out of interest I had a look at Rebecca Yarros' insta. She posted daily, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day on the lead up to the launch of the iron thingy book.

I think he just thinks the book is going to viral because a few of his followers have brought the book and will do the work for him.
Screenshot_20240607_170315_Instagram.jpg

Mark81

VIP Member
Interesting seeing all these channels that are selling out. Basically telling me who not to follow

Mark81

VIP Member
Looking at the last trip with Gary Cs views, I'd estimate he earnt around £6800

Not a bad sum, but when you factor in upper class flights, accommodation, food, surprise 'treats' he must be chasing his tail and just covering costs plus maybe a bit extra.

• Wow

Mark81

VIP Member
I'm not sure he will go back. Going back doesn't seem to be something he does, no matter how much he should. He hasn't done a new book since the 50th one. I think in his head he is an 'author' now and it's just up up up.

If it fails I suspect he will come up with a new idea like when he did a random kids book