Adam Hattan #11 The sidekick in his own life

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The terrible thing is is that I'm starting to be actually curious about this book and there's a good chance I'm going to read it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
If I do, I'll give tattle the highlights, the cringe, the Adamisms. No promises I will actually read it though🤣

Reactions: 7
I'm still no better informed on self publishing. He didn't show what software he used to write in for publishing, details on his fiver finds, how is he self publishing? Why is he spending out so much? Whose he using? What's the requirements and rules?

If you hadn't watched anything else you'd have no clear where to start. It's all about him.

Reactions: 5
I don’t think he’s any better informed about it either! Aside from being self absorbed and always making himself the hero of every story, I don’t he could give a class on self publishing. I don’t think he’s learned anything about the industry as a whole either. He didn’t pick up on any of the toss offs given in more dignified language. This is the guy who hired an office to run a tiny merch store that should have been print on demand. He wants the spoils of being a successful author, the image. He spent more time on his headshots than he did on writing the thing!

I don’t think he’s any better informed about it either! Aside from being self absorbed and always making himself the hero of every story, I don’t he could give a class on self publishing. I don’t think he’s learned anything about the industry as a whole either. He didn’t pick up on any of the toss offs given in more dignified language. This is the guy who hired an office to run a tiny merch store that should have been print on demand. He wants the spoils of being a successful author, the image. He spent more time on his headshots than he did on writing the thing!
100%

And he has inadvertently proven all that in that vlog

Reactions: 2
I wouldn’t be surprised if he has someone putting his books on Amazon for him and that’s why he’s no idea how it works. To get your book on Amazon it’s kdp not neilston

Reactions: 3
The terrible thing is is that I'm starting to be actually curious about this book and there's a good chance I'm going to read it.
The sad thing for me is that if I didn't know as much as I know about Adam, I'd probably be excited for him. This is a little navel-gaze-y, but as the publishing industry has been democratized by the proliferation of eBooks, there's this entire cottage industry of LGBTQ+ work that's written primarily by women often for women, and as a queer man, I'm not always thrilled about how difficult it is to find queer literature written by actual queer people, instead of feeling like my life and experiences being commoditized. It's a bigger issue with m/m erotic--and quite a few of the women writing that stuff have only the vaguest idea of the mechanics of gay male sex--but it's also true in YA. I can give a little grace to a few things: Alice Oseman, who wrote Heartstopper identifies as nonbinary and they are also out about being asexual, and they include more representation than just the main couple, plus they seem to have insisted that Netflix match actors' identities to their characters, which I really appreciate, and Becky Albertalli who created the whole Love, Simon universe came out as bisexual a few years after the book was published, and actually focused its first sequel on queer female characters. It's just nice to have a queer man telling a queer male story.

But the queer man is Adam Hattan. Sigh.

Reactions: 8
The sad thing for me is that if I didn't know as much as I know about Adam, I'd probably be excited for him. This is a little navel-gaze-y, but as the publishing industry has been democratized by the proliferation of eBooks, there's this entire cottage industry of LGBTQ+ work that's written primarily by women often for women, and as a queer man, I'm not always thrilled about how difficult it is to find queer literature written by actual queer people, instead of feeling like my life and experiences being commoditized. It's a bigger issue with m/m erotic--and quite a few of the women writing that stuff have only the vaguest idea of the mechanics of gay male sex--but it's also true in YA. I can give a little grace to a few things: Alice Oseman, who wrote Heartstopper identifies as nonbinary and they are also out about being asexual, and they include more representation than just the main couple, plus they seem to have insisted that Netflix match actors' identities to their characters, which I really appreciate, and Becky Albertalli who created the whole Love, Simon universe came out as bisexual a few years after the book was published, and actually focused its first sequel on queer female characters. It's just nice to have a queer man telling a queer male story.

But the queer man is Adam Hattan. Sigh.
Loads of valid points I agree.

Does Adam even count as a gay man though? 🤣

He also only seems to have got more queer once he knew he would have a book to release.

Reactions: 4
What dafuq is going on with his beard 🤣 it’s like someone took a ruler half way up his cheek it’s hideous
I thought the same, he looks like a pound shop Conchita Wurst.

That video is a masterclass in narcissism and delusion. Believes the publishers who aren't interested even though they love it, because of course yeah I'm CEO Adam Hattan they must be interested!

Writes a book in six weeks, it takes most authors at least six months and it's not because they're not "work demons" you cretin, it's because writing is hard and writing good is damn hard.

Edit:also he can't pronounce synopsis! Sip-nop-sis? bleeping idiot

Last edited:
  • Haha
I thought the same, he looks like a pound shop Conchita Wurst.

That video is a masterclass in narcissism and delusion. Believes the publishers who aren't interested even though they love it, because of course yeah I'm CEO Adam Hattan they must be interested!

Writes a book in six weeks, it takes most authors at least six months and it's not because they're not "work demons" you cretin, it's because writing is hard and writing good is damn hard.
Adam Hattan #12 - Rise Like A Work Demon (at 1030am)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I can’t believe we’re going to read a sex scene written by Adam Hattan who definitely cries when he cums.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I can’t believe we’re going to read a sex scene written by Adam Hattan who definitely cries when he cums.
He basically admitted in the vlog it's semi autobiographical/based on his fantasies

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Well he got humbled in that vlog didn’t he? I think he honestly thought publishers would snap his hands off for his book when the reality is having 127k subscribers is small fry these days. I’m actually surprised his ego uploaded a video admitting no publishers wanted it!

Also, Christ, his work ethic is dire! I’d love to see the published authors with 9-5 jobs watching this.

Reactions: 9
Well he got humbled in that vlog didn’t he? I think he honestly thought publishers would snap his hands off for his book when the reality is having 127k subscribers is small fry these days. I’m actually surprised his ego uploaded a video admitting no publishers wanted it!
I mean, he did spin it in the most narcissist-friendly way.

Reactions: 2