Adam Hattan #11 The sidekick in his own life

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm curious how he describes the self publishing process. I've watched other people's videos on it and I bet he makes it more convoluted than it needs to be
---
On first look I thought this was his ear šŸ˜³šŸ¤£
50597259.jpg
648871_1298537048898_full.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
ā€œExploration into getting my book traditionally publishedā€

Aka sending it to every publisher in the UK and being told it is badly written shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
ā€œExploration into getting my book traditionally publishedā€

Aka sending it to every publisher on the UK and being told it is badly written shite.
He probably only sent to the top one or two, didn't even try and get an agent, and if he has also only just finished it then he hasn't allowed enough time. It can take make tries before you get a yes from an agent or publisher

Reactions: 4
He probably only sent to the top one or two, didn't even try and get an agent, and if he has also only just finished it then he hasn't allowed enough time. It can take make tries before you get a yes from an agent or publisher
Thatā€™s what certifies him as totally insane. He tried to get published (no doubt by one of the biggies) when he had nothing written! Every post of his has grammatical errors so you can imagine what the emails he sent them were like. Yet, he thought a big publisher would snap up the idea in his head and give him a big advance because heā€™s Adam Hattan and he flies Upper class donā€™t you know.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thatā€™s what certifies him as totally insane. He tried to get published (no doubt by one of the biggies) when he had nothing written!
But what about his "Impressive" resume? What about the timeless children's classic he wrote? Surely that should have scored points among publishers. ;)

1716721957529.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4
ā€œIā€™m a work demonā€¦ā€

ā€During this book writing process Iā€™ve been getting up at 10.30ā€¦ā€

My eyes are rolling so hard I can see my optic nerve. šŸ™„

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
OK, here we go...35 minutes with Adam.

- I'll say Adam looks better and is less 'on' than his usual vlogs during the intro section.

- they (agents) like it , it's not for them (I.e. it's not very good)

- mentions his 'team', his youtube manager etc

- he's a 'work demon' apparently.

- he's a slow reader, but a fast writer apparently. Explains the quality of his work

- very obvious he has never worked before

- 20 pages of editing a day....thats not that much Adam.

- oh woe is me Adam, makes him tired (gets up at 1030am) and he recommends self care time

- his attitude seems quite different to many authors I've followed

- I'm confused. He has a youtube manager, couldn't get an agent, but now he has an agent. Is that just a youtube person and not a real literature agent?!

- his flat really is just disney. Also some very odd, old fashioned interior design choices.

- this vlog is really explaining his (poor) work ethic and why everything he does is so slap dash

- Adam seems surprised writing a book is 'work'. And he's only read it all the way through 4 times and seems to think that's a lot.

- 'gotta support my blondie' šŸ™„šŸ™„ (referring to Taylor Switch)

- publishers saying 'it's us, not you' šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ oh Adam, that's the publishing worlds 'it's not you, it's me'. If the publishers already have something similar, then you're not that original are you.

- his arrogance is showing at not thinking it might be him and just wanting to get on with it

- so youtube manager has been dumped/or Adam has been dumped. Knowing how Adam embellishs things, I'm not sure how mutual things were. Or he only hears what he wants to hear.

- we love the book, we can see it being successful but we're not publishing it. Adam can't read between the lines

- you can tell Adam doesn't get told 'No' often. His constant impatient must be exhausting to those working with him.

- it costs money to self publish? Er...that goes against most things on self publishing. Hes obviously not just doing Amazon. Why does he always have to get money in first before he can do anything. Needs the pre orders to pay for proof reading, marketing etc? Has he no savings or anything?

- the costs of editors is the first interesting thing in the whole video, at 31 minutes of a 35 minute video.

- this video is an eye opener on Adam and his attitude. Completely backs up what we've always thought. Gives zero insight into self publishing though.

Next week's doesn't look all that informative either. It's all about him

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Please tell me heā€™s not doing his own narration for the audio book.

Reactions: 1
To paraphrase something Truman Capone kind of said, thatā€™s not writing, itā€™s typing.
Yup, always loved that. He said it about Jack Kerouac but the media always had him saying it about Jacqueline Susann. Two people Adam has never heard of because ''he wasn't born'' and his reading age is 12. Both rolling over at the sound of this lazy entitled little tit thinking he can be said in the same breath as.....anybody actually...because he got up at 10.30am.

Reactions: 2
ā€œWork demonā€ has to go on the wiki at some point. However thereā€™s probably going to be a major update needed after this fiasco so donā€™t anyone rush.

• Haha
Reactions: 5